Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

HOW did that first guy never see you? :P

I'm debating buying Watch Dogs for the Xbox 360, but as someone who doesn't play online for various reasons, would I be missing out on much? I'd get it on PC, if I knew my slow-as-hell laptop would run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

First few hours playing the game and im disappointed so far. For some reason i get really confused with the UI and the amount of popups on screen, it can be a bit disorientating. Really struggling with the driving so far but im presuming ill improve with more play time.

Heres hoping my experience improves im planning on putting serious hours into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Just had my first hostile invasion last night. Was in an alley in the Loop area just about to enter a safe house when I got the notification. Turn around, round a corner and literally a second later a car comes barrelling down the alley and smacks into me. I get up off the ground and pop the Hacker in the back as he sprints from the scene. He wasn't the most subtle of fellows it has to be said. The whole thing was over in 10 seconds and was hilarious, loved it.

Engaging Nit Pick Mode:

Why is the game constantly referred to as being based in a "near future" Chicago. It is not the near future. The date on the neice's headstone was the end of 2012, and the game is based a year later, end of 2013. When the game was announced at E3 2012, sure, then it was near future, but even on the original planned release 6 months ago it wouldn't have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Branoic wrote: »
    Engaging Nit Pick Mode:

Why is the game constantly referred to as being based in a "near future" Chicago. It is not the near future. The date on the neice's headstone was the end of 2012, and the game is based a year later, end of 2013. When the game was announced at E3 2012, sure, then it was near future, but even on the original planned release 6 months ago it wouldn't have been.

I'm going to say that's because the guy who textured the headstone and the guys who wrote the story didn't coordinate properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I would recommend getting the Parapova car from the UPLAY store. It has 5 stars in top speed and acceleration and also has stealth abilities. Not sure if that means harder for cops to find you. Class car though. Nothing beats the bikes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone scan the qr codes with their own phone?

You get this message
    *\0/* U Found One! *\0/*

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone scan the qr codes with their own phone?

You get this message
    *\0/* U Found One! *\0/*

Ha, never thought of doing that. Nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

macpac26 wrote: »
    First few hours playing the game and im disappointed so far. For some reason i get really confused with the UI and the amount of popups on screen, it can be a bit disorientating. Really struggling with the driving so far but im presuming ill improve with more play time.

Heres hoping my experience improves im planning on putting serious hours into it.

Becomes seamless after a few hours play I found, not distracting at all then. Remember as well you can turn off th profiler which hides a lot of the HUD popups.

The driving I hated at the start, used to it now. On pc at least I find the trick is to not touch the mouse :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

motorbikes are the best way around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Started playing it there this morning. Liking it a lot but the driving is incredibly frustrating. Playing on PC with KB and Mouse. Would you recommend using a 360 controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Started playing it there this morning. Liking it a lot but the driving is incredibly frustrating. Playing on PC with KB and Mouse. Would you recommend using a 360 controller?

Absolutely. It will really help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The instant acceleration when I press the up button is incredibly frustrating. Constantly running over pedestrians right after I get into the car. I'll give the controller a whirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

The only games on PC I play with a keyboard and mouse is first person shooters or stratagy games (Civ, Football manager etc.).

If you already have wireless xbox controllers get one of these:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Xbox-360-PC-Wireless-USB-Gaming-Receiver-Adapter-Controller-For-Microsoft-Black-/261474106573?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item3ce1123ccd.

The instant acceleration when I press the up button is incredibly frustrating. Constantly running over pedestrians right after I get into the car. I'll give the controller a whirl.

Ah don't worry, exact same things happens on consoles as well. Mental acceleration on the cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I'm playing with KB/M aswell and after a few hours I've gotten used to it, its grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 JMH

Totally off topic here - message for Corcaigh07 ... I'm not over the 25+ posts yet so can't reply to your message. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

JMH wrote: »
    Totally off topic here - message for Corcaigh07 ... I'm not over the 25+ posts yet so can't reply to your message. :)

I'll PM him your number if you want to take it off the public board, that's probably not that greatest idea.

I'll PM him your number if you want to take it off the public board, that's probably not that greatest idea.

Good man, especially when everyone here has phone hacking on the brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

JMH wrote: »
    Office number .....

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Good man, especially when everyone here has phone hacking on the brain.

Good call :D

24lnaeg.jpg

AHAHAHAAH Brilliant!

Guys in the hacking skill tree what does adding a battery slot do ??

I haven't noticed that the phone use up the battery :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

calex71 wrote: »
    Guys in the hacking skill tree what does adding a battery slot do ??

I haven't noticed that the phone use up the battery :confused:

I think your phone loses battery every time you hack something (and then quickly regenerates). Hacking traffic lights uses one bar, other things cost more...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

How do I get the silenced pistol? I can't buy it in the shop and I'm in the second act??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Battleflag wrote: »
    How do I get the silenced pistol? I can't buy it in the shop and I'm in the second act??

Should have it already, mouse scroll to change if on PC.

I think its a reward for progression.

Lmao I thought the QR code I scanned earlier would give the same message for all the QR's in the game.

I scanned another with my phone and this one said
    DedSec can suck my 8=====>
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody tracking the serial killer yet? :D Played another few hours today, in to Act 2 and got
    The Bunker
    , very Batman-ish. Have all Ctos towers unlocked, working through gang hideouts and the serial killer missions now. There's so much content in this game it's impossible not to get side tracked from the story, which is surprisingly good too.

• Advertisement

I think its a reward for progression.

I just googled it you get it in the first mission so you might have it already just go through your pistols.

Advertisement