Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Yup it was already in my inventory, bit of an idiot me.

Story is really picking up towards the end of the second act but as others said it's just so much fun going off doing all the side missions. I know what I will be doing all day tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My framerate was chugging tonight :( really took away from the game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I really like Spider Tank but i wish there was more than the one mission each on the trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Spider tank is very cool.smashing before and behind ya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any cheap prices for pc going?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

only played 2 hours so far and have to say im dissapointed with the game, I hate the driving, finding it tough to get used to it. Far too much UI screen clutter as well, very distracting. So far this is nowhere nearly as enjoyable as my first 2 hours in GTA5.

A lot of people have been saying that the city in GTAV was far more alive and while I've only played an hour of Watchdogs I have to disagree. Threw on GTAV to check it out and compare to WD and the city in V is really disappointing, few pedestrians and there are huge areas where there are no people to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This game keeps becoming more enjoyable the more you play, I feel.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Gonzo wrote: »
    only played 2 hours so far and have to say im dissapointed with the game, I hate the driving, finding it tough to get used to it. Far too much UI screen clutter as well, very distracting. So far this is nowhere nearly as enjoyable as my first 2 hours in GTA5.
    A lot of people have been saying that the city in GTAV was far more alive and while I've only played an hour of Watchdogs I have to disagree. Threw on GTAV to check it out and compare to WD and the city in V is really disappointing, few pedestrians and there are huge areas where there are no people to be found.

I would say that GTA builds a more attractive looking characterture of a city while Watch_Dogs builds a more realistic city. Every facet of Liberty City or Los Santos looks like a uniquely distilled picture post card of the real place and it's landmarks. Chicago in Watch_Dogs is more slavish to the actual look of a real city with dull grey highways and samey alleyways.

I also am not a huge fan of the driving. I like the wide variety in handling across the variety of cars but it seems like most cars have no physical connection to the road. I loved the driving physics in GTA IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'm finding myself trying some of the gang hideouts....... dying a few times and then leaving them for a while. Still fun to sit back, hack my way in, scope it out and then then take them out one by one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

its clear watchdogs invested in more other things and vice versa with gtav

they both went for seperate things and players are picking up on what gtav did that watchdogs did not do mainly in alot of the graphic areas

where as nobody seems to be mentioning what watchdogs is doing that gtav does not do ya know what I mean:confused:

like watchdogs window reflections from the street are poor they reuse the same picture and it does not match what you see its for every window pane it seems were as gtav would have a matching picture of whats actually there.

but watchdogs has a whole host of peds who can be hacked, cameras to hack alot of things to interact with

better mini games like poker,chess,shell game,slot machine and best of all digital trips which are just awesome

fast traveling is simple and easy pick it and your there no waiting on taxis like a mug I get GTA is going for realism but sometimes it can get a bit tedious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It does look nice, but there are more than enough graphical oddities for me to call it out. Sometimes when I take cover or knock people out, Aidens knees go through the floor or block, whatever. When I kill people, their bodies randomly start twitching and don't stop. I've seen vehicles spawning directly from tunnels, or bridges I'd hacked to be up. And, the slowdown*

*This sounds like I don't like the game, but I actually do, I love it in fact. Didn't expect to like it at all, but its one of those pleasant surprises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

How would it play on a 6870?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

the prison mission at the end of act 1is awesome
    I'm actually really liking the game,its great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How would it play on a 6870?

Thread in PC gaming about it, I have a 7870 and struggling when I really should be getting Ultra.

Have it on high with HBAO turned down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The online hacking/tailing is great craic, reminds me of hide and seek :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

the prison mission at the end of act 1is awesome
    I'm actually really liking the game,its great fun.
    Reminded me so much of the start of Splinter Cell: Conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

DarkJager wrote: »
    Anybody tracking the serial killer yet? :D Played another few hours today, in to Act 2 and got
    The Bunker
    , very Batman-ish. Have all Ctos towers unlocked, working through gang hideouts and the serial killer missions now. There's so much content in this game it's impossible not to get side tracked from the story, which is surprisingly good too.

Trying to concentrate on main missions (start of Act III) but the serial killer has suddenly come to my attention so may try that before the end. It's funny that after you log back into the game and your mini-map pops up the amount of the stuff there is to do is crazy!

A handy thing about the place you mentioned is that is after you exit the crate go left and the first door on the right houses a boat which gives quick access to the waters. Very handy if you don't want to do a big loop around.

I think i might get the season pass, This game while starting off slow is really catching steam. Although the pop in is terrible, while i am on a 360 my bro is downstairs playing on ultra on PC and his pop in is the same as mine.

Just won $700,000 on the super stakes poker. Only between me and 3 other lads, putting in 100,000 each though, so I dunno where the rest comes from.

254th overall in the world on PSN/PS4 after that. Ah, if only it was real.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

City hotspots is a nice touch,seeing the landmarks of Chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jackjustjumped

Dying to play some of the mini games. I spent hours playing poker in RDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Okay so ive gotten all the QR codes. Including the one for the trophy. The Gangster gun appeared as unlocked. Its in the Gunstores, but i cant buy it. Anyone else having this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

cursai wrote: »
    Okay so ive gotten all the QR codes. Including the one for the trophy. The Gangster gun appeared as unlocked. Its in the Gunstores, but i cant buy it. Anyone else having this problem?

Is it already in your inventory maybe?

yep like calex says.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

Is there lots of bugs? How about PS3 graphics - is it really bad? Currently I have PS3 - thinking about buying PS4. Better wait and buy PS4 version of Watch_Dogs or just simply buy the game now? Thanks in advance for any advice :D

A few physics anomaly's, running into a load of chairs is funny and i had to restart once because i crashed my bike and became part of a bridge. That is on the 360 mind.

The campaign missions are of a pretty high standard, gameplay wise and story, too. The shooting is grand and the explosions and ragdoll physics are done so naturally, they make the gang hideout missions so much fun.

Blew up a fusebox and sent a guy head first into a nearby car windscreen making such a horribly realistic noise. Great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

calex71 wrote: »
    Is it already in your inventory maybe?

Nope. Not there! Unlocked in the progression wheel but cant acces it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

cursai wrote: »
    Nope. Not there! Unlocked in the progression wheel but cant acces it.

I just checked mine , and I have it. It's in the 3 o clock position on the weapons wheel , scrolled through and found it.

Advertisement