Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The online tailing is great fun!

Hop into a car and park just across the street, and watch as your target tries to figure out how he got his car lodged in between two pillars :pac:.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It seems like I've been hacked by an intruder sitting in a car under the map.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

5uspect wrote: »

sometimes the cam showing you were they were hiding makes it look that way

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

10431266_728704847168971_8535159368464289386_o.jpg

Sleepie sleepie time.

On the last mission still think Aiden is the most unlikleable main character in a videogame ever.
    Its all his fcuking fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dreamers75 wrote: »
    10431266_728704847168971_8535159368464289386_o.jpg

Sleepie sleepie time.

On the last mission still think Aiden is the most unlikleable main character in a videogame ever.
    Its all his fcuking fault.

I think it's his voice.

From listening to him over and over I assume that Aiden could be the lost love child of Sam Fisher & Agent 47.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

5uspect wrote: »

Sure they weren't in the underground? Parts of the central Loop district have a fairly extensive network of road ways underground. If he was, and it wasn't just a bug, brilliant place for him to hide!

As someone who generally hates multiplayer, and never ever plays it, I'm really enjoying the cat and mouse invasions in the game. Great fun.

BUT - last night there must have been an awful lot of people playing, or UPlay must have been actually operational for a lot more people, because I was getting invaded every ten minutes. It got a little tiresome. I went to try and turn it off in the Options, and it turns out that if you disable it then it resets your Notoriety rating to 0 and you lose the related skill bonuses.

That sucks. It had been presented that if you just wanted to concentrate on the single player activities for a bit, you could, but why would they wipe your entire multiplayer progression just because you wanted to make yourself unavailable for an hour?

I worked around it by quitting the game, relaunching UPlay in Offline mode, and going back to the game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Thats a decent workaround. Fairly poor by Ubisoft to give you only a scorched earth option for opting out of online play. Invasions and so on are grand, but if you want to do some missions or drive around and explore the city, it can quickly take on a "Hey Niko, want to go bowling?" vibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I agree there should be an option to disable invasions when you feel like it, nothing more annoying than just trying to play the story but being unable to start a mission because of it. Absolutely loving the game apart from that, it's a solid title.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Agreed, just figured out how to disable a ctos tower and pressed the triangle on the box inky for nothing to happen as I was being invaded. Went to the circle and the guy just drove into me, panicked and drove off. Complete waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭carti2k

I've red official ubisoft forum and they are working on patch to fix major bugs, like disappearing inventory and skills (after being killed in multiplayer - ps3, ps4, x360, xOne). Upcoming patch is they top priority. (Can't post source, because I'm new to forum and can't add URLs :()

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

DarkJager wrote: »
    I agree there should be an option to disable invasions when you feel like it, nothing more annoying than just trying to play the story but being unable to start a mission because of it. Absolutely loving the game apart from that, it's a solid title.

It's already there in the options. Turn invasions off.

However I have to say I love them. It adds a lot to the Watch Dogs experience. You get well rewarded for doing them. Extra skills an boosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yes but it wipes your single player stats every time you do it. The only way around it is to finish the single player completely first and then enable it. Or only play MP and disable it, wipe out SP mode and then only do MP from then on.

Very poor design decision by Ubi there. One thing is for sure this game was hardly play tested at all and just rushed out there, it needs another 6 months work.

It is not a great implementation.

From a couple of posts back up the page:
    I was getting invaded every ten minutes. It got a little tiresome. I went to try and turn it off in the Options, and it turns out that if you disable it then it resets your Notoriety rating to 0 and you lose the related skill bonuses.

That sucks. It had been presented that if you just wanted to concentrate on the single player activities for a bit, you could, but why would they wipe your entire multiplayer progression just because you wanted to make yourself unavailable for an hour?

I worked around it by quitting the game, relaunching UPlay in Offline mode, and going back to the game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

calex71 wrote: »
    I just checked mine , and I have it. It's in the 3 o clock position on the weapons wheel , scrolled through and found it.

Have you finished the main storyline. Maybe i have to complete that first. Have all the other weapons i unlocked including the silenced Goblin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Branoic wrote: »
    It is not a great implementation.

From a couple of posts back up the page:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only resets your online skills (such as nitro boost in online racing). It doesn't affect your SP skills at all.

I'll admit, it'd be annoying to lose your MP progression however.

Benzino wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only resets your online skills (such as nitro boost in online racing). It doesn't affect your SP skills at all.

That's correct, MP skills only, no impact on SP, which I knew was the case. Annoying to still lose MP progression just for toggling your availability on or off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Benzino wrote: »

Sweet. I'll be turning it off so until I am done with the single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Really glad I got this I nearly finished act 2. How many hours it take ye to finish it? No one has successfully hacked me yet 😀. I still not done hacking myself though . Takes ages get used to the driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Found a game breaking bug in act 3 earlier **SPOILER**
    in the mission For the portfolio, I could not get t-bone to follow me at the last section of the junkyard. Reloaded auto save nearly 10 times and it still wouldn't work. Had to close watch dogs at that point and restart it to get him to move. Hopefully there's nothing else like that (8 missions left to do in act 4 now), but it bothered me that such a bug could escape play testing
    . Great game regardless, have so much left to do when I finish the campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Completed the main storyline last night. The last few missions are quite hard and took me a good few attempts. Satisfying conclusion though I felt.

More or less fully upgraded (missing around 4 upgrades that I didn't want/need), reached level 41/50 and have around 43% of the game complete. Will go back and complete a few of the more interesting side missions (gang hideouts) and investigations though as I'm still enjoying exploring the city. Not really bothered trying to get 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Online ain't working too well at all for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Is this game worth the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

cena wrote: »
    Is this game worth the money?

Yes

I think its random about being invaded. ive been invaded like 10 times and my total game completion is at 95% atm.

I think its a risk / reward thing people wont invade me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

miju wrote: »
    I think its random about being invaded. ive been invaded like 10 times and my total game completion is at 95% atm.

if its random how do people no who there invading
    i harly think people see that you have 95% of the game finished and think this fella is very good at the game and leave.
    id says its more like theres your man of boards whos girlfriend is a better gamer than he is i better invade the f1uck out of him.
    iam only have the lols miju

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

miju wrote: »

It depends on the type of invasion , tailing they won't get any idea of who but for hacking they will see the rating of the other players defences and can press left on the d-pad to search again.

calex71 wrote: »
    It depends on the type of invasion , tailing they won't get any idea of who but for hacking they will see the rating of the other players defences and can press left on the d-pad to search again.

that's what i mean when your being hacked. Its a silly system how that works.

i was in a race yesterday i finished exact same time as 1st he get plus 294 points, i get minus 90 and the guy who comes in 3rd 10 seconds later gets plus 80 or something.

idiotic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

the minus points is a total balls

feels like 1 step forwards, two steps back at times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So guys was Watch Dogs worth the wait, thinking off getting it

Advertisement