Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Im enjoying it (pc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

astonaidan wrote: »
    So guys was Watch Dogs worth the wait, thinking off getting it

It's a thumbs up from me. Nothing ground-breaking but a solid game once it gets going, it does start off a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm really enjoying it (PS4) and I'm glad I bought it. There's so much to do and it's great fun. I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Wossack wrote: »
    the minus points is a total balls

feels like 1 step forwards, two steps back at times

I like the points system only in the online hacking mode. I think more games need a system where your rank is based on skill rather than boring persistent rank up processes.

If you select to invade someone with a weak defense score you don't get rewarded as many points but if you fail you lose much more points.

When a player appears in the matchmaking there is a plus and minus numbers below their name letting you know if you win you get this and if you lose we take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

This is my understanding of the system based on what Ubisoft said before the release of the game:

Every player has a hacking defense which starts off at average. The more you hack other people, the weaker your defense becomes, making you more prone to be hacked. The less you hack people, the stronger your defense becomes against hacks (meaning the less you will get hacked). It basically means, the more people you hack, the more likely you will get hacked.

I think this is what the hacking defense represents, as it doesn't make sense for it to represent you skill/weapons available. There are suggestions it represents your success rate at hacking or defending a hack, but I don't believe that is the case for 3 reasons:
    1. I have successfully defended and won hacks and trails about 75% of the time, yet I have a defense rating of weak.
    2. From my experience, I get more points for hacking somebody with a weak defense vs a strong defense. I see this as the system trying to discourage me from attacking less aggressive players (players who do not hack others often) by making it not worth my time (you have more to lose than to gain).
    3. Surely your Notoriety would be a better indication of how good you are instead?

Of course I could be well wide of the mark and it is in fact based on your success rate but is bugged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I was doing an online tailing last night and the guy spotted me and drove off. I ran up to a car in traffic and spent about 20 seconds wondering why the car wasn't moving. Swung the camera around and he was sitting in the back seat of it! :D Still have no idea what happened, I haven't been able to do it since.

Benzino wrote: »
    This is my understanding of the system based on what Ubisoft said before the release of the game:

Every player has a hacking defense which starts off at average. The more you hack other people, the weaker your defense becomes, making you more prone to be hacked. The less you hack people, the stronger your defense becomes against hacks (meaning the less you will get hacked). It basically means, the more people you hack, the more likely you will get hacked.

I think this is what the hacking defense represents, as it doesn't make sense for it to represent you skill/weapons available. There are suggestions it represents your success rate at hacking or defending a hack, but I don't believe that is the case for 3 reasons:
    1. I have successfully defended and won hacks and trails about 75% of the time, yet I have a defense rating of weak.
    2. From my experience, I get more points for hacking somebody with a weak defense vs a strong defense. I see this as the system trying to discourage me from attacking less aggressive players (players who do not hack others often) by making it not worth my time (you have more to lose than to gain).
    3. Surely your Notoriety would be a better indication of how good you are instead?

Of course I could be well wide of the mark and it is in fact based on your success rate but is bugged.

I am a bit confused now. I always get more points for successful hacks against players who have a strong defence rating and less points for players noted as having weak defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Wossack wrote: »
    the minus points is a total balls

feels like 1 step forwards, two steps back at times

I personally dont mind it but you shouldnt lose points from races and ESPECIALLY from playing decryption when your team has the file from 0-90% and the other team take it for the last 10% and you lose, how stupid a game mode is that.

When a player appears in the matchmaking there is a plus and minus numbers below their name letting you know if you win you get this and if you lose we take that.

Which is great because you can decide if you want to take on the chance of the risk / reward, it shouldnt come into play on the other game modes.

• Advertisement

Every player has a hacking defense which starts off at average. The more you hack other people, the weaker your defense becomes, making you more prone to be hacked.

I've 57 successful hacks, silly amount of partial success and good few fails as well, still dont get hacked ofen :confused::confused::confused::confused:

One of my many botched criminal convoy missions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

One of my many botched criminal convoy missions

i love watching your game play clips in the feed :pac:

anybody see the singing trout btw :P haha

I am a bit confused now. I always get more points for successful hacks against players who have a strong defence rating and less points for players noted as having weak defence.

Odd, the opposite for me. I would imagine that the points you get is based on the opponents notoriety score, and so if my theory is correct people with strong defence would have a low notoriety score.

Ah who knows, they should explain how it works.

miju wrote: »
    I've 57 successful hacks, silly amount of partial success and good few fails as well, still dont get hacked ofen :confused::confused::confused::confused:

You could be getting tailed though or people skipping ya.

Just a theory based on what Ubisoft said before release. Whichever way it is meant to work, I'd imagine it is bugged as there doesn't seem to be any consistency with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Odd, the opposite for me. I would imagine that the points you get is based on the opponents notoriety score, and so if my theory is correct people with strong defence would have a low notoriety score.

Ah who knows, they should explain how it works.

No it's definitely how well you defend against being hacked. I was at average there all evening. Did a tonne of hacks with no change in my rating. Caught one hacker running around a building towards me on camera by chance and killed them as they came around the corner and a I went up to strong. It definitely means how often you identify and kill the hacker. Nothing to do with how many times you hack. My notoriety went down a few times and I stuck at average and once I killed the guy and got a lot of notoriety it went up to strong.

You could be getting tailed though or people skipping ya.

Just a theory based on what Ubisoft said before release. Whichever way it is meant to work, I'd imagine it is bugged as there doesn't seem to be any consistency with it.

people tailing you show up in your recent players

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally got the 100 checks spots and clear all ctos trophies, only another 31 trophies to go :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    i love watching your game play clips in the feed :pac:

anybody see the singing trout btw :P haha
    There's also a Moose head that tells joke too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Just picked this up and is installing as we speak. Just a word on the online element. I know you lose all MP skills built up if you toggle the MP on and off but what if you were to sign out of PSN before launching the game? Would that be a work around if you just fancied a crack at the SP campaign without having to worry about getting hacked all the time and whatnot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Just picked this up and is installing as we speak. Just a word on the online element. I know you lose all MP skills built up if you toggle the MP on and off but what if you were to sign out of PSN before launching the game? Would that be a work around if you just fancied a crack at the SP campaign without having to worry about getting hacked all the time and whatnot.

Its fine man, you don't get hacked much, mostly if you hack a blume guy he will call a fixer in but you can stop the phone-call going out.
    I only got invaded twice as i didn't know you could kill coms or take the guys phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Anybody know when usually xtravision get more stock in?

A friend is looking for this game but has 70euro card for xtravision so needs to wait till they get more in

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Anyone know what the 60 minutes mission is you get free with the PS4 version, installed it but cant see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Is it worth picking up the PS4 for this? My PS3 covers everything else and there are no PS4 exclusives that have piqued my interest up until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Is it worth picking up the PS4 for this? My PS3 covers everything else and there are no PS4 exclusives that have piqued my interest up until now.

You can just get this on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Cool thanks didn't realize it was on the PS3 as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Love this game.. I love open world games and gta so at along this lines reason I think it's great.. Sure it has some average components but the sequel could be unreal.. I'd give it 8.5 or 9.. Finished story and starting side stuff now.. Just wondering is there way checking how many hours iv put into it? And when it says knock down a lad in a convoy have I to shoot him in knees cos if I kill him I fail mission?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anyone know what the 60 minutes mission is you get free with the PS4 version, installed it but cant see it?
    It's basically 3 missions where you have to follow car to download data from them and final mission where there is a bit of shooting and car chase. It's not 60 minutes but more 30 minutes. It should appear on map as blue icon saying exclusive contract somewhere in the loop I think. If you can't find it unlock all ctos Towers in the area to uncover all activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

brady12 wrote: »
    Love this game.. I love open world games and gta so at along this lines reason I think it's great.. Sure it has some average components but the sequel could be unreal.. I'd give it 8.5 or 9.. Finished story and starting side stuff now.. Just wondering is there way checking how many hours iv put into it? And when it says knock down a lad in a convoy have I to shoot him in knees cos if I kill him I fail mission?

Enemies marked with Knock Down have to be taken out with melee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

spider bot is epic

could make a whole game out of that yoke :P

Advertisement