Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

miju wrote: »
    You can be profiled in a truck but they never think of looking there. Amount of times Ive sat in a fire truck in middle of the road with sirens blaring and they dont check it, plain sight can sometimes be great, then when they profile you make the slowest get away possible as they ram off you in the car and you just beep at them. Done this to a guy yesterday for 20 solid minutes before he finally killed me, he raged HARD lol.

There's also a really easy spot for online hacking to hide if your near a train station and get onto the roof of it using a combination of the scaffholding at end of the platform and the roof of the trains.

From the roof of the station you start firing off your gun, grenades, ieds and watch them run around. Out of 30 odd times ive gone onto the roof ive been caught once and only then because i was firing my Golden Tommy Gun at his feet :):)

That's nuts. If I seen a firetruck with the siren blaring its the first place I'd look as it looks completely out of place.

Also, would you not have to be fairly lucky that the guy is relatively near a train station to do that? Or can you initiate the hack and then leg it to one without being warned about leaving the area? Do all train stations have the scaffolding at the end of the platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I love how the game loading tips section recommends using a motorbike to go and hack someone.

I wonder did they ever try that themselves since in a whole city not one AI character rides a motorbike lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

I find acting like the AI peds pretty effective - walking/moonwalking constantly against lampposts, chairs etc

funny how it says to walk and stand next to groups of people to act natural, except when you do, the other people tell you to feck off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Just finished the story today, gotta admit I enjoyed it and found it better than most stories you find in these sort of games. Really enjoying this game overall and will probably try to get 100% in it, something I wasn't bothered doing with GTA V.

Looking forward to next game, they have a great foundation to build off of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I was tailing a player the other day when they stopped in the middle of the road. I wasn't sure what to do so I just pulled up right behind them and started beeping the horn, thinking to myself "This is what an NPC would do right?" Was delighted when it worked and they took off again. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I think i possibly hacked the worst player ever the other night.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

How many Acts are there? I've played a bit of Act IV and it feels like it's coming to an end fairly soon.

How many Acts are there? I've played a bit of Act IV and it feels like it's coming to an end fairly soon.

There are five acts but act five is only one mission I think. You can check by pulling out your phone and going to progression and then story.
    Only on act 2 myself. Too easily distracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Just finished the campaign missions a few minutes ago, fantastic game.
    For those that finished the last mission,
    Managed to do it without getting killed or using the water until the escape at the end but those cops are psychopaths, I took great delight at one of the stations by closing all the gates so they couldn't get me :D
    As for shooting the guy or walking away, no loose ends for me :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Just finished the campaign missions a few minutes ago, fantastic game.
    Managed to do it without getting killed or using the water until the escape at the end but those cops are psychopaths, I took great delight at one of the stations by closing all the gates so they couldn't get me :D
    As for shooting the guy or walking away, no loose ends for me :cool:

I was the same ,
    personally I would have left him but in this case given what Aidan was like I felt if i wasn't given the choice Aiden would have shot him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

There are five acts but act five is only one mission I think. You can check by pulling out your phone and going to progression and then story.
    Only on act 2 myself. Too easily distracted.

Cheers. I was trying to stretch it a bit by doing all the side missions but got stuck into the main story the last while. I don't mind going back and doing the other stuff after it's finished.

Cheers. I was trying to stretch it a bit by doing all the side missions but got stuck into the main story the last while. I don't mind going back and doing the other stuff after it's finished.

Same happened to me. I had fifteen percent complete with only the intro missions done. After that I got interested in the story and blazed my way into act 2. Only have four missions left until I hit act 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

v3ttel wrote: »
    Also, would you not have to be fairly lucky that the guy is relatively near a train station to do that? Or can you initiate the hack and then leg it to one without being warned about leaving the area? Do all train stations have the scaffolding at the end of the platform?

Once you initiate the hack you have 60 seconds to move to an area within a much larger red circle so you can move quite quickly to one.

Not only do they all have the scaffolding but some of them there's a way of hopping straight up onto the roof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

CSSE09 wrote: »
    I took great delight at one of the stations by closing all the gates so they couldn't get me :D
    I tried that at two different stations that I knew only had a couple of entrances and Damien just opened the gates for them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Started this last night, but feels like you've just been thrown in and left to swim for yourself. I'm pointing at everything and clicking square in the hope i do something right :pac: I'll definitely be sticking it out to the end, just think the start could have been explained a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

miju wrote: »
    Once you initiate the hack you have 60 seconds to move to an area within a much larger red circle so you can move quite quickly to one.

Not only do they all have the scaffolding but some of them there's a way of hopping straight up onto the roof

Did this yesterday. Worked a treat.

I fired off an odd grenade to ground level to keep him interested. He did come up to investigate the train station at one point but never came close to finding me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Started this last night, but feels like you've just been thrown in and left to swim for yourself. I'm pointing at everything and clicking square in the hope i do something right :pac: I'll definitely be sticking it out to the end, just think the start could have been explained a bit better.

Do story missions it will explain things, hard not to be distracted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

when you are being hacked, if you go to the other side of the map, does it ensure that you have to be chased?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This game is too much fun. Someone tried to hack me but I sought him out and the chase began. A couple of changes of cars, a foot race, ramping over raised bridges when we finally got to the docks where the other guy jumped into a boat but he didn't know that I was behind him in the boat for about 30 seconds.

Great buzz getting the kill. Couldn't miss for 2 meters :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

folan wrote: »
    when you are being hacked, if you go to the other side of the map, does it ensure that you have to be chased?

Once a hack as been started you cannot leave a certain area indicated by a circle on your mini map.

If you do go outside the circle you'll be given a few seconds to return to the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I keep getting a graphics glitch on PC. Running the latest drivers.

It's as if I can see objects, graffiti, and textures though solid objects. They're coming to the forefront and over laying ontop of the 3D objects in view. I'll see if I can get a screenshot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Here it is. You can definitely see the graffiti trought the wall as well as the road markings. Incredibly frustrating.

graf1.jpg

graf2.jpg

graf3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

graf2.jpg

Even the NPCs agree

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

v3ttel wrote: »
    Did this yesterday. Worked a treat.

I fired off an odd grenade to ground level to keep him interested. He did come up to investigate the train station at one point but never came close to finding me.

gah, I think someone did this to me 5-6 days ago :/ couldnt find the fecker anywhere. Didnt help that I got the warning I was being invaded, and then half a second later its 'downloading'. Think I had a big lag spike, but pita... didnt know where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

damm was looking forward to hacking a friend only to discover we cant do that
    i understand friends could max out the points by doing each other taking turns winning but
    they should have put a points free hacking version at least for friends I would love to tail or hack a friend I dont care about the points TBH its fun just to play it

has anyone bought the zombie/conspiracy DLC whats it like and how long would it last ya? is it worth 5euros on PSN??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

biggebruv wrote: »
    has anyone bought the zombie/conspiracy DLC whats it like and how long would it last ya? is it worth 5euros on PSN??

That's only a new digital trip as far as I know. The season pass includes a single player campaign as T-Bone - might be the better option?

DarkJager wrote: »
    That's only a new digital trip as far as I know. The season pass includes a single player campaign as T-Bone - might be the better option?

Yea its just like a zombie digital trip anyone here play it yet is it good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

After delaying it for so long and releasing a slightly sub par game, they should be giving out the digital trips for free, DLC out far too quickly for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

mine has arrived from videogamesplus
    just starting now, any tips lads ?

Advertisement