Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

So I finally did the Spider Tank trip. I loved every second of it and the outfit you get for clearing it is the best one so far, in my opinion.

In other news I seem to be getting hacked a lot latley. Got hacked twice yesterday and I don't know if it is because they are getting better or I am getting worse. Maybe I'll be in the next eejit video :pac:
    How long does it go on for, I've done the got to a couple of levels passed the helicopters ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

15 rounds/missions I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

finished it great game act 3,4,5 really pick up the pace and story and overall game IMO

but the side missions are very dull I done 3 or 4 of each side activity during the story

criminal convoy
    gang hideouts
    fixer contracts

but now without the story to hop into between them its feels like the same thing each time I do them

see this is where gtav excelled people moaned about the side stuff in GTAV but the side missions where excellent in that game IMO they all had a cutscene each and had different things to do like trevors stuff,micheals stuff and franklins stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

True but have to remember this is the first of a new franchise, the team are still finding their way in what works and what doesn't work. I'll expect alot more from the next game and alot more polish, plus it will be a next gen only game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I know you probably get asked this a lot in here but, is the game good?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

True but have to remember this is the first of a new franchise, the team are still finding their way in what works and what doesn't work. I'll expect alot more from the next game and alot more polish, plus it will be a next gen only game.

It's the engine that doesn't work. The game refuses to run on my pc after about 8 to 10 hours of play. This is worse than BF4 ever was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The fixer contracts are annoying and frustrating but I want that trophy so ill keep on at it, finally cleared out all the gang hidouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

that exterme drinking game trophie is such a bore to do every time you fail you have to wake up and go over to it again gets annoying after a good few trys

Does anybody else find the hard drinking game annoying i can only get to level 3 atm im sure i could do it but ughhhh its boring and slow

Shiminay wrote: »
    It's the engine that doesn't work. The game refuses to run on my pc after about 8 to 10 hours of play. This is worse than BF4 ever was.

These are the few times when consoles have the advantage over the PC master race.:pac: Sounds like the engine has a memory leak on the PC from your problem.

You know a console game will run 100% provided the servers are working, PC you have to find work arounds if you are unlucky to own a system combination that just won't run the game for whatever reason. At least it's not as bad today as it was 10+ years ago for PC games and compatibility when you had Intel, AMD, nVidia, 3DFX, ATi, Matrox and S3.

I remember when Deus Ex demo came out, would not run in double digit frame rates, a patch came out and it was silky smooth.

biggebruv wrote: »
    that exterme drinking game trophie is such a bore to do every time you fail you have to wake up and go over to it again gets annoying after a good few trys

Does anybody else find the hard drinking game annoying i can only get to level 3 atm im sure i could do it but ughhhh its boring and slow

It's described as the hardest trophy/achievement to get in the game. There are guides and tips how to get there though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

biggebruv wrote: »

I hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Going to have to start this over again.
    The constant loading/save corruption has forced me to do it.
    Anyone know if it's due to Uplay corrupting it via the save backup sync function or is it the game itself doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

This was a bad hack which ended in an amusing manner

It does highlight one issue I have with hacking people. It shouldn't spawn you directly across the street as most people will already know you are there. It makes it hard to get out of the area without been spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished it. Enjoyed it but didn't love it. Didn't care for any of the characters. I can see how a sequel can be setup. Gonna trade it in to get ea ufc next, hopefully will still get good value on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

calex71 wrote: »
    How far in the game are you ? you got the
    phone call
    after doing the last one right?

You need have progressed into act 3 for that to trigger.
    I sure did mate, I have all the story missions done now.
    strangely enough I haven't heard of it happening anyone else but me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I did the missing persons side story. What a shyte finale to that.
    I was expecting to come up against like a warehouse of traps and then confront a jigsaw like character. Turns out to be some weird nerd in a trailer park.

Traded it in today and preordered UFC. Got 45 credit plus the 5 euro gift card XV game me when I got Watchdogs so 50 euro credit, not too shabby at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Just got this and only scratched the surface but I like it a lot so far. Getting out of an area full of enemies using a blackout is fun!

1 problem I had though, was all the in game sound is fine except for the dialogue. If I didn't have subtitles on I wouldn't know what was being said. Anyone else suffer this problem. It was fine when I first played the game. I'm on Xbox one btw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finished it last night.

As far as I'm concerned the story was terrible all the way through. Just pointless imo.

Still I had a lot of fun with the game, I'll probably go back to it at some stage to mess around but I think that's me done in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

cloud493 wrote: »

Watch Dogs is already on PS4 dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

cloud493 wrote: »

I don't think that game was that good to warrant a remake for next gen :pac: if anything arnt sony doing that whole backwards compatible thing so whats the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Watch Dogs is already on PS4 dude.

Insert one facepalm here. Damn games having similar names;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Welp, this has blown up.
    Some dude has been rooting through the files and has found the original E3 demo settings

http://a.pomf.se/amkeaz.webm

The Worse, creator of the mod on Guru3d: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

Has made massive discoveries/improvements. He has discovered that almost all of the shaders and improvements seen in 2012 and 2013 are still in the game files, such as the e3 2012 explosions. For now he has managed to implement dynamic shadows from headlights, the increased rain density, increased NPC density, as well as 2012 e3 bloom and lens flare.
    When he manages to unpack certain files, he will be able to activate everything, such as POMs, etc.
    Originally Posted by Included in the mod...

Included in this mod(not all features are available yet):

-Changes to the default fog values
    -Enabled bokeh DOF for the main cameras
    -Stuttering Improvements
    -E3 2012 Bloom
    -Performance Improvements
    -Enabled Headlight Shadows
    -LoD Changes
    -Reflection changes
    -Added 3 new cameras to the game(closer, normal, further)
    -Rain changes(High quality rain drops, properly reacting to light, etc)
    -LensFlares(WIP)
    -Lighting changes(TESTING AND WIP)
    -Civilians density changes

And many more things.. SOON.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

^^
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Interesting though.

EDIT: it's working again. Gonna give this a go later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Welp, this has blown up.

Ubisoft have basically made the PC version look as bad as the console versions so as not to piss off console owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ubisoft have basically made the PC version look as bad as the console versions so as not to piss off console owners.

And possibly the consoles manufacturers, Sony probably paid a pretty penny for the exclusive DLC's, have to wonder how far that influence can creep into the final product.

Will be interesting if someone gets a rig similar in spec to a PS4 and XboxOne and tries running W_D with the enhanced graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    And possibly the consoles manufacturers, Sony probably paid a pretty penny for the exclusive DLC's, have to wonder how far that influence can creep into the final product.

Will be interesting if someone gets a rig similar in spec to a PS4 and XboxOne and tries running W_D with the enhanced graphics.

Although it's possible, there's absolutely no evidence this is the case. All this does point to is that the game is purposely made to look worse... but even more unfuriating is that it PERFORMS worse. Ubisoft has no allegiance to SONY or MC - I think they were just defending the game's "NEXT GEN" marketing it got for so long. If it turned out that its 'next gen' console releases just weren't up to scratch their entire marketing campaign and the image of the game falls through. At least that's what I think. I very much doubt any money changed hands between any of the big names... this to me is just Ubisoft protecting the marketing image of a Ubisoft game... no huge console conspiracy.

But it does lead to the question... how many games has this happened to in the past and how many in the future? 2015 will have a new generation of GPUs that could seem like fruitless investments if there are no big budget games making any REAL use of things that don't go beyond Sony and MC's 2 year old hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Anyone won the jackpot on the demonrider machine in the pub, I'm trying but no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

ZUIGq8j.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

ZUIGq8j.png

I can see UbiSoft's marketing team coming out and saying: "Well done to the PC community for taking part in our meta-viral event! We will now unlock the extra graphics options for all PC users after the completion of this very organised, planned, and special event!"

:pac:

Advertisement