Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

yeah it sure does, highly pissed off about it to be honest cause I wanted to get all the trophies..
    I'm not willing to start all over again over it.

I didn't get the trophy for getting all the briefcases and taking out the final guy in the human traffic investigation. I also, despite just finishing the mission where
    you and T-Bone blow up the junkyard and return to the bunker
    , I never got the trophy for completing Act 3.

This happened before with a Ubisoft game: Assassin's Creed IV, where the trophies just stopped popping a long ways into the game. This never ever happened with the almst 5000 trophies I have on Ps3 or Vita, only PS4 :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The last of the weapons trade side missions is refusing to show up thus me not able to get the trophy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The last of the weapons trade side missions is refusing to show up thus me not able to get the trophy :mad:

Silly question but how far are you in the main story? You have to be at least half way through act 2 for the last weapons trade mission to unlock.

Nevermind, I can see the trophy for completing act 4 in your gamercard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Silly question but how far are you in the main story? You have to be at least half way through act 2 for the last weapons trade mission to unlock.

Nevermind, I can see the trophy for completing act 4 in your gamercard.

Ya I'm on onto the last act :D also those fixers missions are very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Parts of the game are very poor looking on the PS4 version alright. The hands and faces being a weak point, and car damage and bullet holes in cars look terrible imo, like someone put stickers on the car. But at times the game looks very well imo. When its raining, the water effects, the trees and bushes swaying, the sun rays breaking through ally ways of tall buildings at sunset all look very good imo. Then there are things like when you zoom in on the receiver of the HK416 assault rifle you can see it has the real life trade marks on the gun on the correct parts, same with the slide on the PX4 Storm pistol. That's detail they didn't even need to do.

I've actually only really played during the daytime (1st hour or so) and it really is poor. The bit where you went to visit your nephew and sister (for the party); I couldn't get over how bad the sister looked, especially her hair. As I said, I know graphics aren't everything but this is something that would not look out of place on a PS3 or 360. I do know the night time sections are meant to look better but surely they could have made more of an effort on the daytime parts of the game.

• Advertisement

Last mission is fecking tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Last mission is fecking tough.
    Just finished it earlier. Best thing I found was to try and disable the chopper the same time as using blackout. I do that while getting close-ish to the hacking location so that I'm only rediscovered by ctOS scanners as I arrive. Then set a marker for the next location. If you find your gps marker/route changing all of the time then you're not locked onto the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

It could be that you find 9 boxes and the last one is the special mission. I took ages scanning the map for the 10 markers but once I got the 9th I got the phone call!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

Finished the story last night, not as bad as the underbelly of the internet is making it out to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Whats the general concensus on this? Are ye enjoying it/ Going to bite the bullet and buy a PS4 at end of month and hoping to get this and Ea Sports UFC if poeple think they are worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Whats the general concensus on this? Are ye enjoying it/ Going to bite the bullet and buy a PS4 at end of month and hoping to get this and Ea Sports UFC if poeple think they are worth it.

Injustice is a better fighting game than UFC and Assassin's Creed IV is a better open world game than Watch Dogs.

IMO of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I am enjoying Watchdogs and love the online invasions. I'm spending a lot of time doing the side missions as oppossed to tackling the main story line.

I stick by my original assertion though, the game is graphically poor and not far off a last gen game. NPCs look terrible and there are no reflective surfaces (all pre-rendered and extremely poor reflections). Not that it has a major impact on the game but I do expect more from the PS4/ XBoxOne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

My advice is to skip this and buy the Last of Us.played this until chapter two and haven't went back to it since.That was nearly a month ago.I have done that with a game ever.If ur buying a PS4, at least get the better games in it like Infamous etc.

My advice is to skip this and buy the Last of Us.played this until chapter two and haven't went back to it since.That was nearly a month ago.I have done that with a game ever.If ur buying a PS4, at least get the better games in it like Infamous etc.

Thanks for that, would you prefer Last of Us or Infamous? Looks like ill be giving watchdogs a skip ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Thanks for that, would you prefer Last of Us or Infamous? Looks like ill be giving watchdogs a skip ha

If you haven't played The Last of Us on PS3, definitely get it on PS4. It is one of the best games of last generation, redone with upgraded graphics and all of the DLC included with it.

Otacon wrote: »
    If you haven't played The Last of Us on PS3, definitely get it on PS4. It is one of the best games of last generation, redone with upgraded graphics and all of the DLC included with it.

Legend thank you, have never played last of us, was an xbox man on last gen and going to mix it up this time, thanks for the tip

Haven't played Infamous but The Last of Us is one not to be missed and the remastered version is has everything included so it's better value for money.There more than likely will be bundles out at the end of the month for its release

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I decided to take a break from WatchDogs once I had heard people were working on unlocking the E3 version. I have found this Mod to be the best. It is only 24mb in size, improves performance dramatically and makes the game look incredible. Here are some of my screenshots:

313361.jpg

313362.jpg

313363.jpg

I strongly recommend anyone playing on PC to give this a go. #PCGamingMasterRace

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Finished this the other day, it's an enjoyable game, not the messiah of gaming it was built up to be but I had fun with it.

It does look quite poor at times, I'd argue that GTA5 is better looking and much better physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I really enjoyed it. The variety in the missions was great like the driving sections, stealth, hacking, shootouts. Gonna trade it and start wolfenstein but can see myself picking it up cheap at some stage to do the side missions.
    Is infamous a similar game or would gtav be closer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 atog

It was pretty well received (lots of 8/10 marks) but to be honest it's one of the best games I've played in the past 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Its a slow burner but i enjoyed it once i got into it. The graphics are odd...game looks a LOT better at night IMO but some of the day time graphics look no better than GTA on the ps3.
    The online is difference enough to make it worthwhile.

All in all its a solid 8/10 for me.

FYI, this trades in for 52 euro at the moment in hmv(ps4)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 atog

THAT MUCH?!?! crickey!
    the mini games in this are pretty good too as well as the side missions. big fan of the investigations like the serial killer and privacy invasions. i enjoy the satire.

atog wrote: »
    THAT MUCH?!?! crickey!
    the mini games in this are pretty good too as well as the side missions. big fan of the investigations like the serial killer and privacy invasions. i enjoy the satire.

for this month, HMV have 30% extra trade in value, Watch Dogs is currently 40 euro but the 30% takes it up to 52.

I'm saving it for The Last of Us PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I finished story found it tedious at times but gonna keep it to go back to finish all the side missions, I grabbed wolfeinstein and started the other night, I really forgot how great an fps can be if they focus on storyline and not try squash in a multiplayer mode.

recyclops wrote: »
    I finished story found it tedious at times but gonna keep it to go back to finish all the side missions, I grabbed wolfeinstein and started the other night, I really forgot how great an fps can be if they focus on storyline and not try squash in a multiplayer mode.

To jump back into this thread, I had debated for a while how disappointed I was with the way Watch Dogs turned out at launch.

Got a hold of a copy recently. Cannot bring myself to finish it. It's mediocre at best, repetition started setting in at the midway point and the story is utterly forgettable. Eventually I just started skipping the cutscenes.

To note: Aidan the protagonist has to be one of the most boring characters in a video game.

In relation to Wolfeinstien, thoroughly enjoyed it, the biggest surprise this year. With an excellent story and soundtrack to boot.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    To jump back into this thread, I had debated for a while how disappointed I was with the way Watch Dogs turned out at launch.

Got a hold of a copy recently. Cannot bring myself to finish it. It's mediocre at best, repetition started setting in at the midway point and the story is utterly forgettable. Eventually I just started skipping the cutscenes.

To note: Aidan the protagonist has to be one of the most boring characters in a video game.

In relation to Wolfeinstien, thoroughly enjoyed it, the biggest surprise this year. With an excellent story and soundtrack to boot.
    Yeah I'm the same. Played it for about three hours around the time it came out and haven't touched it since.Threw it on last night around 11 and got to the main menu and just said I couldn't be arsed. I don't think I've ever done this with a game before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Was looking forward to Watch Dogs and thought Wolfenstein would be a braindead shooter.

Bored with Watch Dogs but I play the odd mission here and there before getting bored and quitting, might get an hour of play an odd night. Not a bad game, just terribly bland with a truly unlikeable and limited music soundtrack that's made for a teenager living in 2003, too much pussy emo music.

Wolfenstein, however, was the dog's bollix that really surprised me on how good it was. I'm still thinking of it and looking to replay it again shortly.

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Was looking forward to Watch Dogs and thought Wolfenstein would be a braindead shooter.

Bored with Watch Dogs but I play the odd mission here and there before getting bored and quitting, might get an hour of play an odd night. Not a bad game, just terribly bland with a truly unlikeable and limited music soundtrack that's made for a teenager living in 2003, too much pussy emo music.

Wolfenstein, however, was the dog's bollix that really surprised me on how good it was. I'm still thinking of it and looking to replay it again shortly.
    How many hours did you get out of wolfenstein?

Advertisement