Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

How many hours did you get out of wolfenstein?

You'll get at least 13-15 hours out of it and just from one play through. it's the kind of game where you find yourself exploring all the area and talking to every character you can as there's so much to see and do. I got it on PC and it's the game of the year thus far for me and one of the finest FPS that I have ever played and one which I will be returning to again sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone recommend this? Can get it for 30 quid and was thinking of taking the plunge. Reviews seem good but when reading about it there people dont seem too pushed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Anyone recommend this? Can get it for 30 quid and was thinking of taking the plunge. Reviews seem good but when reading about it there people dont seem too pushed
    i enjoyed the game worth 30 quid in my opinion
    im selling mine for 25 on adverts
    if your are interested send me a pm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Personally I really enjoyed it, a lot of people hated it , I still haven't finished it yet because I can't get past the last mission :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's ok, does nothing wrong really it was just over hyped. It does what it does. For 30 quid there is worse out there imo. It's not GTA or is it trying to be in anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its not a bad game, its just not the game it was advertised to be.

Driving can be very tedious, sometimes running place to to place is easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

motorbikes were the best way to get around for me
    spider tank was great fun
    the puzzles were a pain in the arse in a good way though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I really liked it, much preferred it to Infamous second son and thought it measured up quite well to GTA, saints row, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Whats the trade in calue on this like at the moment on ps4? Mine is just sitting around at the moment

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I finally went back and finished it. It's not bad but it certainly isn't great and I got bored of the repetition. I felt it could have been a better game had they condensed the world considerably, closer to Arkham City perhaps, with more interiors and verticality and completely removed most of the dull driving.

The game was at its best when you stealthily infiltrate a gang hideout with your silenced pistol and array of exploits/magics. Driving around the bland city wasn't particularly interesting and the game looked poor when it wasn't dark and wet. Judging by the unlocked graphics settings for the PC version they could have made a very stylish more focused game.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the trade in value of this in Xtravision or gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

srumball wrote: »
    Does anyone know the trade in value of this in Xtravision or gamestop?

Brought it in two weeks ago was offered €10, I laugh and said no thanks, the clerk didn't under why it was such a low offer either.

which platform are you selling?

sweetie wrote: »
    which platform are you selling?

PS4, wow 10 euro is crazy. Even CEX are offering more than that

Anyone get Bad Blood? Really enjoying it so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Finally got this and just started playing it.

It's very rough around the edges with some poor presentation but I think that some of the novel ideas implemented in this game will have a big impact on open world games in the future.

When they make the second one on current gen only I think it'll be a massive improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I just finished it recently. Have absolutely no motivation to go back and do all the fixer contracts, criminal convoys, collectibles etc. Says a lot about the game when I'm the type that would usually grind those things out!

Someone invading your game can be pretty cool though

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Currently playing through this and really enjoying it, can't see why it got such negativity. It's a typical ubisoft game. Also, I really want to go to Chicago now, love checking in at all the hot spots and reading the history on them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

da gamer wrote: »
    Currently playing through this and really enjoying it, can't see why it got such negativity. It's a typical ubisoft game. Also, I really want to go to Chicago now, love checking in at all the hot spots and reading the history on them.

Hot spots were awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

I liked the game for what it was and enjoyed playing it. I wasn't mad about the driving but once you get it used to it, it was ok. It was never going to live up to the hype that surrounded it and the amount of time it took to get released didn't help. The online bit was decent enough, I thought it was great trying to hide and blend in with the A.I. or trying to find the other person, it was a good twist on the usual run and gun multiplayer games. But why didn't they allow you to play that game mode with a friend is beyond me, they brought it out awhile after the game came out but it should have been there from the start.

• Advertisement

mailrewop wrote: »
    I liked the game for what it was and enjoyed playing it. I wasn't mad about the driving but once you get it used to it, it was ok. It was never going to live up to the hype that surrounded it and the amount of time it took to get released didn't help. The online bit was decent enough, I thought it was great trying to hide and blend in with the A.I. or trying to find the other person, it was a good twist on the usual run and gun multiplayer games. But why didn't they allow you to play that game mode with a friend is beyond me, they brought it out awhile after the game came out but it should have been there from the start.

Someone gave it to me at Xmas but haven't started it yet; must throw it on at some stage this week

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

If you ignored the hype for the game prerelease then it was fine. I found however that there is very little in the way of replay value once you finish it and it can be very repetitive especially if you are going for the platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Someone gave it to me at Xmas but haven't started it yet; must throw it on at some stage this week

I was given it a Christmas and I completed the main story and a decent amount of the side missions. I found it to be a good game and it had plenty of detail in it. Like what other people mentioned, I loved all the hotspots around the city and finding out a bit of history about Chicago.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I was given it a Christmas and I completed the main story and a decent amount of the side missions. I found it to be a good game and it had plenty of detail in it. Like what other people mentioned, I loved all the hotspots around the city and finding out a bit of history about Chicago.

Great to hear; started it last night but only got an hour in when I had to leave it; decent enough start and sure it will be worth the play through

Charlie19 wrote: »

Great to hear; started it last night but only got an hour in when I had to leave it; decent enough start and sure it will be worth the play through

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone get Bad Blood? Really enjoying it so far.

I finished the main storyline in it a few days ago and I did like it. T-Bone is a more interesting character than Aiden Pearce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Completed this yesterday, going through some of the side missions now and the online features (hacking someone else's game is a great idea). You get your money's worth with this game, decent length campaign and plenty of side missions and games. I haven't even touched the investigations yet. For some reason I can't find the last convoy mission so I'm stuck on 17 completed.

Overall I really enjoyed this game and for the price it's going for on amazon these days I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

this game is like 2 euro on pc now lol great game for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wow, just finished this game and I have to say I loved every minute of it. Brilliant game I do not know where some of the hate of the game in this thread came from(but I did only read the last 12 or so pages) I was playing on normal and had no problem at all through out the game even the last act I found to be easy, never died and ran straight through. I also finished it by firing only one shot. Will deffo pick up the second one.

Is the DLC worth getting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is the DLC worth getting?

It is.

Advertisement