Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Dogs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

wasn't the reveal at e3 pc footage?

Everything at E3 was PC footage as the PS4 and X1 were still PC's at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Everything at E3 was PC footage as the PS4 and X1 were still PC's at the time.

that's what I meant. seems a bit unfair to compare the graphics now and then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Still no release date then?

Did you even read the thread?

May 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still no release date then?

May 27th, well except for the Wii U.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

that's what I meant. seems a bit unfair to compare the graphics now and then

its fair to compare the graphics too other this gen games
    for example

Battlefield 4/Ryse son of rome/Tomb Raider etc... all have beautiful graphics on ps4/x1
    compare them too watch dogs from that recent gameplay and trailer you'd think watch dogs was a last gen game only

even gta had nicer graphics then what was in the gif

but I'll wait and see what its like on release day but seriously with the delays it has you'd think it would get better looking not worse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    its fair to compare the graphics too other this gen games
    for example

Battlefield 4/Ryse son of rome/Tomb Raider etc... all have beautiful graphics on ps4/x1
    compare them too watch dogs from that recent gameplay and trailer you'd think watch dogs was a last gen game only

even gta had nicer graphics then what was in the gif

but I'll wait and see what its like on release day but seriously with the delays it has you'd think it would get better looking not worse

Who gives a toss about graphics?? I don't care what a game looks like as long as it plays well.

Who gives a toss about graphics?? I don't care what a game looks like as long as it plays well.

Next gen is all about console upgrade
    When I buy a next gen game I expect it too look better then the last gen version

it looks as if they just made it for ps3/xbox360 and said screw it we'll port it over too next gen consoles and not change anything

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A. Having a ****y Graphics from a Start and making Gametrailers using those graphics and being honest about it.

B. Pimping out Trailers to look unreal, False advertising, Downgrading Visuals on a game that supposed to "show off next gen" grunt.

Feel the difference between two of those? So the bull****y " Graphics dont matter, gameplay does" does not really work here m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I do! Well a good art-style really. I just want things to be rendered at least 720p so we don't have nasty jags. What he's getting at is that PS4/X1 seem to be just visual fidelity upgrades, like no real controller/input/how the game is played changes. So if that's the case it better look obviously better to justify having it on a next gen console.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Doesnt matter a toss tbh if the gameplay is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

That video seems to be on every thread these days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

SeantheMan wrote: »
    That video seems to be on every thread these days

Yep. Gotta appear really smart & discerning to strangers on the internet. *raises glass of brandy*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Different issues. Complaining that Watch dogs pulled a Killzone regarding the graphics is NOT the same issue as that video addresses.

Still, gotta appear witty and superior to strangers on the internet. *raises glass of cynicism*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you should only enjoy cynicism from a goblet, people watching have to be able to immediately notice how much better you are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Who needs shadows anyway

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Long as it plays well, I'm perfectly satsfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Creative Director Jonathan Morin tweeted this today
    I would say the average player which does free roam a bit tend to reach the end within 35-40h. But doing everything is close 100h.

https://twitter.com/Design_Cave/statuses/444907972481658880

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Xenji wrote: »
    Creative Director Jonathan Morin tweeted this today

https://twitter.com/Design_Cave/statuses/444907972481658880

I hope that doesn't include gta style things that you've to spend hours searching for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hope that doesn't include gta style things that you've to spend hours searching for.

It's Ubisoft, just look at Assassins Creed. Lots and lots of collectables, I'm guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's Ubisoft, just look at Assassins Creed. Lots and lots of collectables, I'm guessing.

At least in Assassins creed the collectibles came up on the map so you did not have to check much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

New trailer released today.

Downgrade in graphical quality is definitely there and looks like it is here to stay. This was a must buy for me because I saw it as a leap forward in technology and I really want to see games being pushed graphically on PC. Now, it feels like some of the excitement has diminished and I am wondering if the game itself will be nothing special. After all, it is only Far Cry 3 + Assassin's Creed in Chicago. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Still looks impressive but as with all games since the next/current gen launch I cant help but feel its going to be hampered by its lowest common denominator i.e. the ps3 and 360. If these were taken out of the question I think alot of games out recently and soon could be improved upon.
    I most likely will get it but not sure if its a pc or when I get a ps4 type of purchase.

hopefully if theirs a watch dogs 2 they will make it next gen only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Meh!......you can see the grapical downgrade here....its like night and day when you compare the E3 trailer from 2012. In fact, it looks like a PS3 game....more, it looks like GTAV!

The E3 demo really looked next gen, this looks like old gen....pass.

Falthyron wrote: »
    New trailer released today.

Downgrade in graphical quality is definitely there and looks like it is here to stay. This was a must buy for me because I saw it as a leap forward in technology and I really want to see games being pushed graphically on PC. Now, it feels like some of the excitement has diminished and I am wondering if the game itself will be nothing special. After all, it is only Far Cry 3 + Assassin's Creed in Chicago. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If it plays well and has a good narrative, I'll still play it. I love a good world to become immersed in for a few days.

Yes, It's very disappointing that its been graphically neutered.....but it happens. It isn't the first and wont be the last game to look brilliant in demo's and look fairly mediocre in the final version. Just look at Dark Souls 2 and compare it to the e3 demo's. It's still a great game worth playing.

The bottom line is that the profit from games like these doesn't come from PC or new consoles....it comes from 360 and ps3 because that's where the 150 million strong install base is and where they can charge 60 euro a pop. If you pump money into a AAA game, it has to be built for the ten year old consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I am not bothered at all, as I am more about the game than how it looks.
    I'll still be picking it up and judging it by how it plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Looks interesting. Might pick it up on PC for 25eu on launch.

Though I still cant wash out the taste of Ubisoft Dick in my mouth... Yes it looks like GTAV in that trailer. I dont mind the actual graphics, but I just hate when they lie to us like that and that act like nothing happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

GTA: Windy City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

How many easily amused people are planning on picking this up?
    I only ask because I know I will probably spend the first 15 minutes or so, just causing pile ups at junctions.

Advertisement