Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 9 Scheduling **Tuesday-Saturday**

Options
  • 05-06-2012 8:22am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kansas City (Darbey) Chiefs @ (Notyalc666) Atlanta Falcons
    Indianapolis (CPU) Colts @ (p4ddy31) Chicago Bears
    New Orleans (CPU) Saints @ (Specsy) San Diego Chargers
    Buffalo (CPU) Bills @ (asmosis7) Oakland Raiders
    Jacksonville (CPU) Jaguars @ (Pudsy33) Houston Texans
    New York (Berty44) Jets @ (CPU) Denver Broncos
    Washington (SwankyTortoise) Redskins @ (etloveslsd) New York Giants
    Philadelphia (rizzo412) Eagles @ (micmclo) Baltimore Ravens
    San Francisco (adro76) 49ers @ (ibm1984) Tampa Bay Buccs
    Miami (CPU) Dolphins @ (QKitten83) Seattle Seahawks
    Tennessee (kaiche) Titans @ (CPU) Green Bay Packers
    New England (CPU) Patriots @ (ali g no1) St. Louis Rams
    Carolina (CPU) Panthers @ (LargeTacoFries) Dallas Cowboys
    Arizona (ShaneCos11) Cardinals @ (Eamonn87) Detroit Lions

Some interesting games this week.
    A Titans win over the now CPU Packers, should spur Raoul on for a win and start creating some distance.
    Bears should get a handy win over the CPU Colts.
    Raiders should get a win over Bills

A fair few CPU games this week so we should get through them quickly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Darbey when is good for you? I'm free most evenings from 7:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I'm good any evening after 6pm
    Whatever suits you

Are you the poster who works night shifts or is that someone else?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi, When suits you for this?

I already have 2 games tonight, so would prefer to play Wednesday night if possible. Any time from 9pm suits me best.

I'm not sure about Thursday night, possibly not around.

I should be OK to play Friday night and most of Saturday if that suits,

Let me know what you think anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

League is advanced!

Shane any chance you will be around to play tonight? I am off to poland thursday night and playing soccer tomorrow, so tonight would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

adrian522 wrote: »

Hi, When suits you for this?

I already have 2 games tonight, so would prefer to play Wednesday night if possible. Any time from 9pm suits me best.

I'm not sure about Thursday night, possibly not around.

I should be OK to play Friday night and most of Saturday if that suits,

Let me know what you think anyway.

Hey, I'm available on both Friday night and most of Saturday. Friday would be best though. Is there a time that suits you then? Any time after 7:30ish is fine for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah Friday is good, let's aim for 8.30 if that;s ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah Friday is good, let's aim for 8.30 if that;s ok?

Perfect!! Chat then :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm going to whip the Packers later :pac::pac:

Hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

mikemac1 wrote: »

I'm good any evening after 6pm
    Whatever suits you

Are you the poster who works night shifts or is that someone else?

thats me tonight could be good for me have it off, i might be going to the cinema will let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Send me a pm so, I'll pick it up faster then checking here

The Raid - Brilliant
    Red Tails - not so good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Send me a pm so, I'll pick it up faster then checking here

The Raid - Brilliant
    Red Tails - not so good

Ah crap, i was sure Red Tails was going to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Ah crap, i was sure Red Tails was going to be good

Just to let you know the Redskins are away for 3 weeks so my game against them is a cpu :(

I'll try get it done as asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Looks like berty will be advancing the league after this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

notyalc666 wrote: »

Not 100% sure what night will be best. Tomorrow thursday or Friday. Will try and find my headset before playing also.

Nelbert wrote: »

Not 100% sure what night will be best. Tomorrow thursday or Friday. Will try and find my headset before playing also.

Ok grand stuff, let me know when you can, Thursday could be the only day I can't play

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Just in galway since 12 or so, have no xbox with me as i've left it in mayo so ill have to leave the league until i get internet in mayo, should be a week or so. You can play vs CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Ok grand stuff, let me know when you can, Thursday could be the only day I can't play

This evening from 6?

Nelbert wrote: »

This evening from 6?

Yea that should be grand, not sure when I'll be home but should be half 7 by the latest. Will pm you.

Going to start my game now however UPC are in the building so I may get disconnected

Bah they got me at ht up 14-3 with the ball in the packers red zone

• Advertisement

Another restart, game froze at coin toss

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Another restart, game froze at coin toss

So does this mean it has to be simmed?

Restarts:
    If you have to restart a game you must post in the restart thread on Boards along with the reason for your restart. Games must be restarted no more than two times after this number of restarts, the game will be simmed when the week is advanced.

You can only restart against the CPU once
    If a person is persistently restarting games, this will be dealt with seriously and banning from the league is possible.

This will have to be looked into.

I'll take the next game week off lads

Take two. Discussed with some other experienced players and it is agreed that you should miss two weeks as you knew you were doing wrong.

Great lead up to the game against me and you :(. Hope you dont have any hard feelings

Fair enough.. 2 weeks is pretty harsh IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A 2 week ban for that is a joke to be honest :pac:

It shouldn't be a different length of ban for experienced/inexperienced players. Surely the ''punishment'' can't be decided at the discretion of experienced players or else you risk opening a can of worms where some people will feel they are being unfairly targeted. Surely you need to be consistent with all players regardless of their level of experience. So is it going to be 2 weeks for everyone or just for experienced players?

As per the rules it says persistently restarting games will lead to a banning. As far as I know this is the first time Heli has done it more than the allowed amount of times (maybe I'm wrong on that so apologies if I am). He also has form for not restarting CPU games even if he is losing/has lost.

Harsh.

I don't think it should be any different no matter who does it be they experienced or not. Everyone needs to know the rules.

But I don't think 1 game is much of a detterent. At 1 game it would be worth be risk of getting caught knowing you would only miss one game.

2 games would discourage people much more.

At the end of the day everyone knows the rules and others have had to sim games due to disconnects.

Paully D wrote: »
    A 2 week ban for that is a joke to be honest :pac:

It shouldn't be a different length of ban for experienced/inexperienced players. Surely the ''punishment'' can't be decided at the discretion of experienced players or else you risk opening a can of worms where some people will feel they are being unfairly targeted. Surely you need to be consistent with all players regardless of their level of experience. So is it going to be 2 weeks for everyone or just for experienced players?

As per the rules it says persistently restarting games will lead to a banning. As far as I know this is the first time Heli has done it more than the allowed amount of times (maybe I'm wrong on that so apologies if I am). He also has form for not restarting CPU games even if he is losing/has lost.

Harsh.

I didn't say it was because he was an experienced player that it was 2 weeks. It was two weeks as I said it to him before he finished the game, he really should have quit the game after I said it to him.

The reason why it was decided with other experienced players is because Santry isn't about and I could hardly ask Heli (who is now commish).

He was winning the game too so he had more to gain by playing on and I presume he thought it was worth the risk. As Adrian said 1 game isn't enough.

We decided last year we would be much tougher as me and Santry had too much to deal with so tougher sanctions will be put on rulebreaking.

• Advertisement

Lads rules are rules, I broke them so i'm punished and that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

Advertisement