Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Display Ideas for My New Home

Options
  • 05-06-2012 8:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25

I got a new place. I just move in last week. The house is very okay with me. But I have a little problem with the interior decorations since I feel it still look boring and dull. What I wanted to achieve is a place I can really call MY OWN. I mean, a home that really speak something about my personality. As much as possible, I want to put a personal touch in it and put more customize and personalize stuff like arts, painting perhaps or things like that. What do you think?

Any suggestions on how to make my home a real "home sweet home"? Anyway, I love arts, paintings, and photography. Hopefully that would give you a clue on how to help me with this. Thank you in advance! Your advice will greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Keep an eye out for local art and craft fairs or for events such as the People's Art Festival or the People's Photography festival - both are brilliant and you get to see such a variety of work.

http://www.peoplesart.ie/ is the art website, I don't think there is one up yet for the People's photography for this year, it will be 25th and 26th August 2012 - Stephen's Green.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 AlizeHall

Interesting! That would be a good idea but I have a problem budgeting my time, since I have my work, a business to take care, so hopefully, I get to see the art and craft fair and the festivals you're suggesting me. Thanks for the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I suggest you check out www.pinterest.com and click on 'Everything' at the top and chose your options. You will see lots of ideas there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hi Jellybaby1! Yeah, I heard about pinterest and it's true I can gather some art and photography samples there. And they're really nice. And oh, thank you for the other link you gave me. I can used this as guide for my bedroom make over! Perfect!

But I was more of looking some art works. I was thinking of using my own photos. I have tons here and I am wondering what kind of artworks I can produce using my own photographs as reference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 CamrynLane

Try http://www.snappycanvas.com/. Just ordered a painting for my newly wed sister. There really are lots of options you can choose from. The staff are also great in providing assistance.

Thanks CamrynLane! I just visited the site and I agree with you, they really have lots of option. That means to say I have different art paintings to choose from as well to decorate my new home. In fact, I have something in mind of what kind of art work to avail from this site you've suggested me. And I can really use my own photograph as reference for it. This is what I really want, a personalize and customize items. Thank you very much Camryn!

Advertisement