Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day before english paper 1

• 05-06-2012 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

How are people going about today? just studying paper 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Blink182rock

I'm not genius, but I'd nearly say going studying would be a better option than updating boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 teacake

I'm not genius, but I'd nearly say going studying would be a better option than updating boards.

Jeeze , cheers for that, would never have guessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

Yeah I'm going to practise my timing for the reading comprehensions (I'm useless at them!), then I'm going to do one or two question B's. Might go over a bit of Hamlet later on.

LET THE CRAMMING COMMENCE! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Blink 182 don't rock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Namlub wrote: »
    Blink 182 don't rock

WHEEEEYYY!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

What should I be studying for Paper 1.

ps. What an awful choice of user name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I don't even understand the concept of studying for paper 1. It's all just about coherence, imagination and ability to decipher texts. I reckon the skills you need for paper 1 are developed through reading in your spare time and the likes and can't really be crammed...

Or maybe my procrastination levels are so high that I've tricked myself into believing this. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Practicing making up storylines for various titles is as good study as any. Especially for me, I get mental blocks more often than the school lavatories get toilet clogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Am I the only one on Boards who likes Blink 182?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I don't even understand the concept of studying for paper 1. It's all just about coherence, imagination and ability to decipher texts. I reckon the skills you need for paper 1 are developed through reading in your spare time and the likes and can't really be crammed...

Or maybe my procrastination levels are so high that I've tricked myself into believing this. :o

For the sake of my third level education I hope you're wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Yeah I agree. I did a little bit of "study" for it today, which was basically just looking at a couple of past papers that I hadn't seen before and trying to read them quickly, as that's what cost me most of my marks in the mocks, taking too long to read the texts. After that I genuinely think there's nothing else I can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Togepi wrote: »
    Am I the only one on Boards who likes Blink 182?

I'm not the greatest fan but I do think Blink-182 are grand. Especially 'I Miss You', what a choon!

For the sake of my third level education I hope you're wrong!

Well I could be!
    It's just that any titles could come up. I think Paper 1 is all about thinking about a plot on the spot, being creative, having a nice vocab (although I don't think that one is hugely important, especially if you have a flare for story telling). I personally don't think you can study those things, but that might just be because I enjoy creative writing and spend most of my time in a little dream world so I find Paper 1 really easy and rather enjoyable.

Either way, good luck everyone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have a story prepared hopefully I'll find a way to fit to whichever questions come up. I have a few more ideas lined up even though they're all based on a similar thing.

For the rest QB's I was just going to focus on speeches until I looked through all previous years , to realise that I'll be deciding based on whichever question seems the easiest. So I'm focusing on knowing layouts, watching/reading speeches, I'm going to look up interviews and listen to a few radio interviews .
    I know I won't be attempting to do a diary I'm not personal enough lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I'm just focusing on relaxing and home ec! Trying not to stress about English since i dont know whats gonna come up :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

OL English P1 is an absolute p!sstake. I'm doing OL for the LC because I just couldn't and wouldn't even consider studying Shakspeare! :D I hated the guy's work. Feeling pretty confident for tomorrow as I've always done pretty well in P1, but in fact it's way too easy sometimes to be part of the LC, even for OL. Since you can't really study for P1 especially for OL I'm going to cram in HL Geography the rest of the day. Ugh.

What are people's plans for the day they finish? :p

GaryIrv93 wrote: »
    OL English P1 is an absolute p!sstake. I'm doing OL for the LC because I just couldn't and wouldn't even consider studying Shakspeare! :D I hated the guy's work. Feeling pretty confident for tomorrow as I've always done pretty well in P1, but in fact it's way too easy sometimes to be part of the LC, even for OL. Since you can't really study for P1 especially for OL I'm going to cram in HL Geography the rest of the day. Ugh.

What are people's plans for the day they finish? :p

Here's most peoples' plans
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056655060

Just so the thread doesn't get too OT. :) I doubt people stressing about English want to hear a load of drunken plans. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

I haven't opened a book today, nor do I plan too. Sure it'll be grand, I've given up over stressing. That said, my sleep pattern is now non-existent...

Advertisement