Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watt test and left/right leg balance. Anywhere in Ireland?

• 05-06-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Anybody know anywhere in Ireland that will do this? Mostly interested in seeing my left right balance and where in my cycle stroke I am doing the work.

Thanks,
    -Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Not sure if anywhere out there does such a thing. Pretty certain there is a function on a computrainer that looks at right/left balance and measures your pedal stroke efficiency.
    So make friends with someone who has use of a Computrainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

I'm pretty sure the wattbikes have that feature, they have one in the physiology lab in Trinity (if you know anyone) and I'm pretty sure Scott @ winning solutions has one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Computrainers can do it alright. As can the Polar Pedals Power meter.

Why do you think you have a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

d4r3n wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the wattbikes have that feature, they have one in the physiology lab in Trinity (if you know anyone) and I'm pretty sure Scott @ winning solutions has one too.
    Have used a Wattbike in UL a couple of years ago, they do all you're looking for. (Had a 52-48 left-right balance when I tried it)
    Think they still have them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

tunney wrote: »
    Computrainers can do it alright. As can the Polar Pedals Power meter.

Why do you think you have a problem?

We'll It is visible that there is a size difference between both quads, and left hamstring is causing me a lot of trouble.

Planning to get Power Cranks and testing out there claims, so want to do this test before-hand so I have a reference point of power and leg balance and also where the power is being applied through out the stroke.

Cycled Athy Olympic course in 1:03:xx and I think without my left leg/hamstring being tight and sore I can go under 1 hour. Though McCrystal wont have anything to worry. Monster.

• Advertisement

d4r3n wrote: »

Thanks Daren, do you happen to have email/phone number for Scott? There website seems to be malfunctioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Briando wrote: »
    We'll It is visible that there is a size difference between both quads, and left hamstring is causing me a lot of trouble.

Planning to get Power Cranks and testing out there claims, so want to do this test before-hand so I have a reference point of power and leg balance and also where the power is being applied through out the stroke.

Cycled Athy Olympic course in 1:03:xx and I think without my left leg/hamstring being tight and sore I can go under 1 hour. Though McCrystal wont have anything to worry. Monster.

I've had large muscular differences too, comically so. Wife actually laughed at it and the man with the tan wet himself about it too. However my power output was +/- 1-2% per leg.

As for the PowerCranks............ well Frank Day. A name I'll never associated with (a)science and (b) substantiated claims

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

Try 01 - 4097711

tunney wrote: »
    I've had large muscular differences too, comically so. Wife actually laughed at it and the man with the tan wet himself about it too. However my power output was +/- 1-2% per leg.

As for the PowerCranks............ well Frank Day. A name I'll never associated with (a)science and (b) substantiated claims

Indeed but Cadel Evans was training on them last year, and Phinney is training on them this year. I'll investigate and document what I find.

Advertisement