Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The first steps for setting up site

Options
  • 05-06-2012 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Excuse my stupid questions in advance, but I'm new at this and am a little confused.

I bought a .ie domain last night along with the basic Windows hosting package. I can't get my site to load up at all to edit in any way which I'm assuming is because I still need to send in my registration letter to activate the domain.

However can I not edit it offline or do any work on it until then? I'm finding the interface a little confusing on the control panel to manage as a newbie so was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a very basic how-to?

I have a blog on wordpress.com which I want to recreate on wordpress.org under my new domain name and have downloaded wordpress (I think) but when I try to login again it brings me to my domain which doesn't load up. It's also saying on the site that "Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder 4.5 for Windows can not be enabled, because ASP.NET 2.0 is not enabled for Webspace blah" but I'm confused as to whether I need this as I'll be using wordpress?

Basically I'm already feeling overwhelmed!:(

Comments

Advertisement