If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technisat HDFS or equivalent

Options
  • 05-06-2012 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Guys like in the title. Can you do Technisat Freesat receivers/recorders and if so which models at what price?
    Thanks.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Unfortunately this is not a brand that we stock.

They are a company that I have never actually come across in the 13 years of working in the industry.

I see a few places are doing their boxes in the UK but unfortunately I can't help out on this one.

We stick to the Samsung and Humax boxes which are both PVR boxes.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Cheers Dave. Could you then give your best price for Samsung SMT-S7800 delivered to Cork?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

walus wrote: »
    Cheers Dave. Could you then give your best price for Samsung SMT-S7800 delivered to Cork?

Walus,

thanks for the post - OK the Sammy is pretty scarce at the moment but I can possibly smuggle one out for you - it's £169.95 and delivery would be £19.95 - total £189.95.

However I would recommend the Humax Foxsat 500GB over the |Sammy if you could stretch to the extra - it's £219.95 and delivery on that is £12.99 (unfortunately they come from different warehouses.. :rolleyes:)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Thanks John. As for the humax HDR 500 that seems to be more popular and I suppose more established unit, could you match the Amazon price of £215 delivered to Cork? Thanks.

Hi there.

The total when you checkout on Amazon actually works out at £220.38 and we can beat this by £5 so we can do one for £215.38 including delivery.

We also offer a 5 year guarantee which I would recommend as there is a hard drive in this recorder and our 5 year is only £25 and is refundable if at the end of the 5 years, the unit hasn't gone faulty.

The Amazon warranty is £49 for a 3 year and you don't get your money back.

It's worth thinking about as a lot of these boxes aren't repairable and are generally replaced which the warranty also covers.

If you would like to order, give us a call on 0044 333 900 0071 and ask for myself or Chris.

Thanks

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Why do you reckon the Humax over the Samsung?

Samsung was my first choice, purely on looks though!! And they arent exactly a bad make.

Thanks,

Hi Nobody.

The Humax operates faster than the Samsung, it's built slightly better and most people find the EPG on the Humax easier to use.

We sell both, but the Humax is just a slightly slicker product and it gets a better review in What Hifi.

Hope this helps, but let us know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.