Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business advice ?

Options
  • 05-06-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

An opportunity of buying a well established , profitable small business has been put infront of myself and my gf to buy for a reasonable price , its in her line of business and would have been something she would have liked to do in a few years after she builds a client base and contacts in the business in the area .

What are the chances of the banks giving us a business loan to buy the business ?

Couple renting , combined wage of $145k , considerable savings of 15% of the purchase price , paying rent , no assets , here on my 457 visa ,

What is the likelihood of securing funds from the banks ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭s.c

Joe Gt wrote: »
    here on my 457 visa

This is going to be a major issue when trying to obtain finance. I can't say for certain but because of the fact that you are on a temporary visa, I don't think any bank is going to give you any considerable amount of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Joe Gt

I know it could be difficult , as far as I know its possible to buy a house on a 457 as an offshore investor and the deposit % is higher than normal .
    Hope yo get into the bank on Friday and see what they have to say about it all .

Advertisement