Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website review based around usability

Options
  • 05-06-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

Can you review this site for me please. I am completing usability review of this site http://www.certificationeurope.com/ and I would rreally appreciate some feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JD RoX

Answer your own question by answering mine - What should I do if I want to search for something?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LisaC251

:) I know, I know. I did not build the website... I am waiting for it to be added.

what do you think of the font size, bread crumb structure etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JD RoX

To be honest, I think it's very weak. This is one of those website you will soon have to rebuild. I just took a look at NiceOne website, and straight away saw that they can't deliver high-standard websites, which are very important for your type of business. They love to squeez all the stuff together, which makes site hard to read and navigate through. You have few options:

Leave it as it is and lose in long term, both customers and money.

If you haven't invested much yet, move to another company to sort out cosmetic part of website. But this wouldn't be the best option, as it would be pretty expensive.

Cheapest option would be to hire somebody with a good knowlidge of user interface and newest trends in web design, and make them work together with existing company to improve the sites usability.

But it all involves more expenses, so you have to prioritize: saving money or having successful business

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

The site isn't that bad at all.

A few things I'd point out;

No need for the "Welcome" text in the slideshow space. There's already a lot of text on the screen, and this is a redundant word which is taking up too much space, so I'd remove it.

There are several grammatical errors throughout the site. (I can recommend a good copyproofer if you want to drop me a PM)

The McAree slide's description goes too far down the page, you need to reduce the amount of text shown before the More.

Small white text on orange is a bad idea. It's hard to read for people with regular vision. For those who have any kind of sight problems it'd be very difficult.

The same can be said for orange text on a white background.

I'd consider listing the certification services with the number at the end rather than the beginning. Example, instead of ISO 9001 Quality Management Certification make it Quality Management Certification: ISO 9001. Unless people know the number of the ISO they're looking for before visiting the site, the current way makes it harder to find the right page. If there was a logical way of ordering the services it wouldn't matter as much (ex numerically), but there isn't.

You should change your Facebook page name to facebook.com/certification-europe (go to www.facebook.com/username to do so)

You need some text to guide the user on the Request A Quote page.

The management & staff page is a bit all over the place at the moment.

The event pages need to be sorted out too - all caps font, no description etc.

Hope some of that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

If I have JavaScript turned off, how do I get to the subpages in any section? e.g. the Vacancies page in About Us.

Keyword stuffing your title tag without giving pages a proper title is a bit of a dark art & can get you an SEO penalty.

For example, what page do you think this is the title of?
    ISO certified companies in Ireland and UK - ISO 9000 & 50001 | Dublin London Belfast Cork

It's also terrible for accessibility by the way. (That was 'Clients' by the way, though very similar to 'Contact us' and 'About us')
    LisaC251 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you review this site for me please. I am completing usability review of this site http://www.certificationeurope.com/ and I would rreally appreciate some feedback.

Just as an aside, are you attached to the company or are you consulting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Actually in relation to keyword stuffing, you can even see the impact on your own site.

Because you've no relevant info in your title or meta keywords, a search for 'Contact Us' brings back a results page showing the 'Contact Us' page as the 15th most relevant result!

Advertisement