Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 900

Options
  • 05-06-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hiya!

just wondering does anyone know when this is going to be released here? don't want to buy the nokia lumia 800 and then this one comes out a month later :P

White-Nokia-Lumia-900.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Received delivery of my Lumia 900 today.
    Its almost the exact same size as the Galaxy S2.
    Positives - bigger display for browsing, tethering enabled (got fed up waiting for tethering on the Lumia 800).
    Negatives - the screen is slightly sunken in the device compared to the Lumia 800. You really notice it when swiping left or right. I keep thinking theres a dent on the screen or a some dirt built up on the sides.

Hopefully the camera is an improvement on the 800.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

talla wrote: »
    Hopefully the camera is an improvement on the 800.

Its probably going to be worse. It lacks a BSI sensor. Seeing as its always dark here due to clouds and rain its a big deal in this country :(

Though beside that you probably couldn't fault the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

or you could go for the pureview 808 ...out soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Its probably going to be worse. It lacks a BSI sensor. Seeing as its always dark here due to clouds and rain its a big deal in this country :(

Though beside that you probably couldn't fault the phone

I thought they were the same? I don't remember the 800 having a BSI sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Does anyone here not think the Lumia 900 is a tad overpriced given its internals? I know the Super AMOLED plus(the same as the S2 I believe) screen is nice but it does only have a single core chip when its rivals* have quad core chips.

It is a gorgeously designed handset certainly but I cant see why this should be any more than €50 more expensive than the Lumia 800, and its more like €150 more expensive.

*Surely this phone is rivalling the S3 and One X? I know as well that WP7 doesnt need as powerful a chip for it to run smoothly, but shouldnt Nokia be exploiting this fact to bring out a more price competitive product? The phone certainly looks to be a lot more competitive on price in the states..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

TBi wrote: »
    I thought they were the same? I don't remember the 800 having a BSI sensor.
    Actually you may be right just after looking through the web and cant find one place that says 800 has a BSI sensor. Could explain why the camera is behaving so badly in low light.
    Zonda999 wrote: »
    Does anyone here not think the Lumia 900 is a tad overpriced given its internals? I know the Super AMOLED plus(the same as the S2 I believe) screen is nice but it does only have a single core chip when its rivals* have quad core chips.

It is a gorgeously designed handset certainly but I cant see why this should be any more than €50 more expensive than the Lumia 800, and its more like €150 more expensive.

*Surely this phone is rivalling the S3 and One X? I know as well that WP7 doesnt need as powerful a chip for it to run smoothly, but shouldnt Nokia be exploiting this fact to bring out a more price competitive product? The phone certainly looks to be a lot more competitive on price in the states..

I couldn't agree more, but I think it will drop price quick, I expect it to under cut the price of all high end handsets on contract. Thats really what it was designed in the first place. I think like the Lumia 610 its way over price to buy it on prepay, but will offer better value on contract. I was looking at S3 on contract on O2 silver upgrade its 369 and on bronze upgrade its 429 which is a ridiculous price to pay for a bloody phone on a contract lol.

Well see whats it like when 900 comes out here to the networks.
    I really want the 900, but Im extremely happy with my camera on the Titan and reluctant to move away from it, I just want a smaller phone though. Dont really want to trade of my camera performance. I seemed to have actually started taking more pictures since the camera is decent. I think eventually I just might wait till Holidays and WP8 handset.

Hopefully by then Nokia will have a real competitor. Lumia 800/900 are really nice handsets, but some of the choices in the components that were chosen for it could be questionable. The N9 was a lovely phone in terms of hardware. Cant understand why Nokia just couldn't replace the OS and leave the same hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

loving my titan and windows phone 7. Cant believe they are not popular, but Apple seems to be the fashion these days. Camera on Titan is superb. Have to admit the Nokia 900 has also taken my eye, a bit to expensive currently.

Advertisement