Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehearsal space in Dublin 15

Options
  • 05-06-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I am looking for an affordable (ideally €15-€20 for an evening) space to rehearse a two-piece music group in D15.

We will use a small PA system and a bass guitar amp. There are no drums involved. Volume level will be consistent with a coffee-shop gig.

Suggestions?

Unfortunately the only local rehearsal studio in Coolmine had to cease trading a couple of years ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Agree with suggestion re schools, they often let out rooms.
    Also, ask in Draiocht if they have any rehearsal spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

I've inquired with Draiocht and will post in a form to the community center.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

In case this comes up for anyone else.

Draiocht got back to me within a couple of hours and were very helpful. They have a small 90-seater performance space which would be ideal for a full rehearsal (includes a stage). A bit too pricey and overkill for a 2-piece rehearsal.

Someone suggested the Diswellstown Community Center so I've left a voicemail with the manager. It would be easier to speak to someone rather than fill in a form and post it off waiting for a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

What about phibblestown or ongar community centres?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

This place?
    http://danceaddictiondublin.com/
    Work near there sometimes and its always seems to be busy

Advertisement