Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 week 9 results

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

notyalc666 wrote: »
    Falcons beat the Chiefs 30 - 28 in a game of turn overs.

The Falcons with 3 interceptions and a forced fumble, Chiefs with 4 interceptions.

Dareby you were very unlucky at the end and i really thought you were going to win, best of luck.

Falcons now have a bye week and after that big game with the Buccs and on that note go 49er's
    Yeah Vince Young's accuracy was as impressive as ever. He even fired a perfect corner route right into the Linebackers stride.

Very very enjoyable game. Back to Back interceptions followed by a fumble returned for a touchdown is not a bad 3 play span in terms of excitement!
    Yeah I went for the 3rd & 1 and 4th & 1 to try and secure the game with the clock rather than the scoreboard. Hindsight is 20/20! Great final drive from you to get into field goal range!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Giants beat the CPU Redskins. Sluggish start for the Gmen dropping behind 14-0 before 2 td strikes before half time. Giants received the kick after the half and opened the lead then. The wind was knocked out of the Redskins sails and they could do nothing for the rest of the game.

Final score 45-14 Giants.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Friday night lights as the (5-2) 49ers travelled cross country to take on the (6-1) Bucs in arguably the game of the week. There was a lot at stake for both sides; the 49ers having the opportunity to close the gap at the top of the NFC West after the Cardinal's loss to the Lions and the Buccaneers hoping to keep the chasing Falcons 3 games back.

Both QB's were greeted at 1 Buc Place by gale-force winds which didn't enthuse either party. The Bucs won the toss and deferred the kickoff. The first drive of the game saw Suh blash through the A gap to stuff Jamal Charles for a loss. A Tamba Hali sack forced Matt Cassell into a 3rd and long, then an incomplete pass, bringing the punter onto the field. After experiencing the winds of arrowhead the previous week, Josh Freeman drove his (very conservative) offense down the field through several DeMarco Murray runs and some key 3rd down conversions to backup TE's Rusher and Worley. The 5 minute drive was capped with a 13yard Murray run. 7-0 Bucs at the end of the first quarter.

The second half began with the 49ers making their way into Bucs territory before an iladvised throw on 3rd and very long was lobbed (to lob: verb - Matt Cassell throwing in the wind) into double coverage with FS Tercel Aaron coming away with the INT. On the very next play, after a bad play call, worse audible and then worse again audible, Freeman underthrew a pass into the wind with Dunta Robinson stepping in front of Jordy Nelson (who should have been Julio Jones but he was playing FB cause of all the audibles :eek: ) turning the ball right back over. Another great DLine effort with Suh and Hali both sacking Cassell forced and immediate 3 and out. The Bucs used the remaining 4 mins to drive the ball into the redzone with Murray finally punching it in for his second TD on a 4yard run with a minute left in the half. The 49ers quickly went 3 and out again allowing Freeman one last chance. However, once again a QB was defeated by the wind with Freeman overthrowing Jones with a TD in sight!!! 14-0 Bucs at HT.

The 49ers kicked off the 3rd quarter. Roddy White caught some key 3rd down conversions and then, after a long pass to Worley, Freeman snuck in from the 1yard line. 21-0 Bucs. The 49ers had to chase the game and Matt Cassell quickly became the pivotal figure. After missing an open Kenny Britt he threw a bad pick to DJ Williams but made up somewhat with a last ditch tackle. The ensuing Buc drive ended with a Murray 40yard TD to leave the score 28-0 Bucs after 3.

The 4th quarter began with Cassell looking deep towards Britt once more but Ras-I Dowling (what is the I for???) stepped in front, picked the ball off and returned it to half way, once again the tackle was executed by Matt Cassell. The Bucs made their way into the redzone until a bad Freeman fumble, when leaning forward would have been a TD, gave the ball back to the 49ers. Matt Cassell, determined to show his coach he could play defensive back, lobbed another pick to Dowling.... and made yet another tackle. The Bucs kicked a FG. 31-0 Bucs. With time running out and the 49ers trying to avoid a shut out, Cassell heaved the ball deep once more and once more Dowling picked him off, Cassell's 5th pick of the day!

Freeman knelt out the last few seconds to give the Buc the 31-0 win.

MOTM: Ras I Dowling (CB - Bucs) 3 picks and pretty solid coverage on Britt all day, restricting him to 3 catches.

Goat of the game With Casell saved by his tackling ability, GOTG goes to.... Rodney Hudson (RG - 49ers) For possibly the worst blocking display since Winston Justice tried to block Osi Umenioura a few years back. Hudson allowed (and was credited with) 7 sacks and countless pressures with the 49ers being forced to keep 2 half backs in to block at times.

The Bucs move to 7-1 ahead of a big game against the now 7-1 NY Giants. 49ers are now 5-3 and have a very important game against the Lions in week 10, looking to keep pace with the Cardinals.

Thanks for the game Adrain. I really enjoyed chatting with you!!! Best of luck with the rest of the season!!! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ok give me a few and I'll advance the league

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

ibmax wrote: »
    Friday night lights as the (5-2) 49ers travelled cross country to take on the (6-1) Bucs in arguably the game of the week. There was a lot at stake for both sides; the 49ers having the opportunity to close the gap at the top of the NFC West after the Cardinal's loss to the Lions and the Buccaneers hoping to keep the chasing Falcons 3 games back.

Both QB's were greeted at 1 Buc Place by gale-force winds which didn't enthuse either party. The Bucs won the toss and deferred the kickoff. The first drive of the game saw Suh blash through the A gap to stuff Jamal Charles for a loss. A Tamba Hali sack forced Matt Cassell into a 3rd and long, then an incomplete pass, bringing the punter onto the field. After experiencing the winds of arrowhead the previous week, Josh Freeman drove his (very conservative) offense down the field through several DeMarco Murray runs and some key 3rd down conversions to backup TE's Rusher and Worley. The 5 minute drive was capped with a 13yard Murray run. 7-0 Bucs at the end of the first quarter.

The second half began with the 49ers making their way into Bucs territory before an iladvised throw on 3rd and very long was lobbed (to lob: verb - Matt Cassell throwing in the wind) into double coverage with FS Tercel Aaron coming away with the INT. On the very next play, after a bad play call, worse audible and then worse again audible, Freeman underthrew a pass into the wind with Dunta Robinson stepping in front of Jordy Nelson (who should have been Julio Jones but he was playing FB cause of all the audibles :eek: ) turning the ball right back over. Another great DLine effort with Suh and Hali both sacking Cassell forced and immediate 3 and out. The Bucs used the remaining 4 mins to drive the ball into the redzone with Murray finally punching it in for his second TD on a 4yard run with a minute left in the half. The 49ers quickly went 3 and out again allowing Freeman one last chance. However, once again a QB was defeated by the wind with Freeman overthrowing Jones with a TD in sight!!! 14-0 Bucs at HT.

The 49ers kicked off the 3rd quarter. Roddy White caught some key 3rd down conversions and then, after a long pass to Worley, Freeman snuck in from the 1yard line. 21-0 Bucs. The 49ers had to chase the game and Matt Cassell quickly became the pivotal figure. After missing an open Kenny Britt he threw a bad pick to DJ Williams but made up somewhat with a last ditch tackle. The ensuing Buc drive ended with a Murray 40yard TD to leave the score 28-0 Bucs after 3.

The 4th quarter began with Cassell looking deep towards Britt once more but Ras-I Dowling (what is the I for???) stepped in front, picked the ball off and returned it to half way, once again the tackle was executed by Matt Cassell. The Bucs made their way into the redzone until a bad Freeman fumble, when leaning forward would have been a TD, gave the ball back to the 49ers. Matt Cassell, determined to show his coach he could play defensive back, lobbed another pick to Dowling.... and made yet another tackle. The Bucs kicked a FG. 31-0 Bucs. With time running out and the 49ers trying to avoid a shut out, Cassell heaved the ball deep once more and once more Dowling picked him off, Cassell's 5th pick of the day!

Freeman knelt out the last few seconds to give the Buc the 31-0 win.

MOTM: Ras I Dowling (CB - Bucs) 3 picks and pretty solid coverage on Britt all day, restricting him to 3 catches.

Goat of the game With Casell saved by his tackling ability, GOTG goes to.... Rodney Hudson (RG - 49ers) For possibly the worst blocking display since Winston Justice tried to block Osi Umenioura a few years back. Hudson allowed (and was credited with) 7 sacks and countless pressures with the 49ers being forced to keep 2 half backs in to block at times.

The Bucs move to 7-1 ahead of a big game against the now 7-1 NY Giants. 49ers are now 5-3 and have a very important game against the Lions in week 10, looking to keep pace with the Cardinals.

Thanks for the game Adrain. I really enjoyed chatting with you!!! Best of luck with the rest of the season!!! :D

Yeah epic performance and well deserved win.

You have a great team there for sure.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement

Ok give me a few and I'll advance the league

Have the chargers played?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Have the chargers played?

Luke is away til July 2nd

Cool, advance away so..... Although I imagine you already have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Hey can someone please let me know how chargers did against saints? No way of checking it here :(

Lukebray wrote: »
    Hey can someone please let me know how chargers did against saints? No way of checking it here :(

They won 14-9

• Advertisement
Advertisement