Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to advertise as a babysitter in Dublin?

Options
  • 05-06-2012 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm from the west of Ireland, and moved to Dublin a couple of years ago. I'm 26 now.

Back home, I had a few families that I babysat for very very regularly - I started babysitting in my early teens, so at this stage there are a couple of teenagers back home who I babysat for since they were newborns! I still babysit for these families the odd weekend that I'm at home.

I'm currently working full-time in Dublin, but I'd love to get back into the babysitting work - even though I guess I'm a bit old for it at this stage! :o It's something I always enjoyed a lot, and never really considered it to be work as such. I have a basic first aid qualification, but no actual childcare qualifications - just plenty of experience (with newborns to late teens, including children/teenagers with special needs such as autism, Downs Syndrome, etc.)

I'm just not sure how to go about looking for babysitting work up here! Obviously, I need to be cautious of my own safety - I would be a little cautious about just turning up alone at a random house. And also, understandably, parents would need background info on me (references etc would not be a problem - as I said, I have a few families back at home who could provide references.)

How do parents in Dublin go about finding babysitters - i.e., what's the best and safest way to go about advertising that I'm available? While minimising risk to all involved?

Thanks for any advice! :)

Advertisement