Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Modding Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I Am Kong! wrote: »
    Flashed SuperNexus, but couldn't connect to WIFI, so back on stock.

With a few modifications, Touchwiz is fine (looks wise).

Wouldn't be bothered with anything other than AOSP if I do flash again.

Did you do a full wipe when you flashed supernexus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Hurricane Carter

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Did you do a full wipe when you flashed supernexus?

Yep, full wipe. Everything was fine except WIFI wouldn't connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Took the plunge and got rid of my S2 and got a Red S3. Still mucking around with it.

Went onto XDA to see what Roms to use

Went for Wanamlite and seems ok. I installed the latest stable version of Siyah Kernel and also installed the touch CWM.

Waiting for Jkay to develop his app for s3. However when flashed CWM app was not installed and flashed ROM Manager. Anyone know how to install CWM as it was a good app.] and saves from going into recovery mode

Anyone used this ROM or have any issues or any other good Roms users have installed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I really think super nexus is the one you should go for. It's excellent, pure android and more importantly very stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Just trying out JB MIUI, seems to be quite nice, havent used it since my HD2 and Desire, used to use it cause it was the most elegant lag free ROM. Still is the most elegant but the lag free part seems to be missing. It stuters time to time now.

Battery life seems to be just about the same as TouchWiz ROM's.

• Advertisement

Build 5 is out, flashing now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Thread seems to have gone quiet, took a while to find it too.

Had my S3 a while now but since updating to JB I notice it's starting to get a bit contrary so I figured it was about time to root and get a good custom ROM to see if I could improve functionality/speed and remove bloatware. Going to flash SuperNexus and was wondering how people are finding Build 5 since it's been out?

Build 5 has been great, really stable and still lightning quick. There is no better ROM for the S3. The only bug I've found is hotspot not working

Cheers for the (very) quick reply Pog, and exactly what I was hoping to hear. Don't use hotspot so it's not a worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Build 5 has been great, really stable and still lightning quick. There is no better ROM for the S3. The only bug I've found is hotspot not working

Perspective : I'm using AllianceRom [Forked from Darky] on XXDLIB. Absolutely no issues. And hotspot works.

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    Perspective : I'm using AllianceRom [Forked from Darky] on XXDLIB. Absolutely no issues. And hotspot works.

Is that JellyBean? SuperNexus is JB 4.1.2.

Personally I prefer AOSP, I can't stand Touchwiz and as I have a Nexus 7 vanilla android JB theme and settings sync perfectly between the two devices, things like my N7 automatically connects to wifi networks my phone has been connected to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

It is Jellybean 4.1.1

RangeR wrote: »
    It is Jellybean 4.1.1

Android 4.2 is out on the 13th Nov

Just flashed SuperNexus, going to play around with it for a while and see how it tickles my fancy.

So I've had a chance to use SuperNexus for a few hours now and I have to say I'm very impressed by how fast and responsive it is, whole thing feels like a new phone again even though I've got all my apps installed/running. Battery life seems to have improved quite a bit as well (only a 5% drop overnight).

Couple of things that are taking a little bit to get used to though are the removal of the settings toggles for WiFi, Mobile Data, Rotation in the notification screen. I'm also finding sometimes my touch isn't registered when I go to open an app and have to do it again.

Overall though I'm quite happy with SuperNexus and will probably stick with it or the foreseeable future.

So I've had a chance to use SuperNexus for a few hours now and I have to say I'm very impressed by how fast and responsive it is, whole thing feels like a new phone again even though I've got all my apps installed/running. Battery life seems to have improved quite a bit as well (only a 5% drop overnight).

Couple of things that are taking a little bit to get used to though are the removal of the settings toggles for WiFi, Mobile Data, Rotation in the notification screen. I'm also finding sometimes my touch isn't registered when I go to open an app and have to do it again.

Overall though I'm quite happy with SuperNexus and will probably stick with it or the foreseeable future.

Use power toggles
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5wYWlubGVzcy5wYyJd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Theres no toggles at all in the drop down notification screen ?

threein99 wrote: »
    Theres no toggles at all in the drop down notification screen ?

No, this SuperNexus ROM is based on vanilla Android AOSP from the Nexus devices, it does not have them (but is getting them in the next 4.2 JellyBean update)

No, this ROM is based on vanilla Android AOSP from the Nexus devices, it does not have them (but is getting them in the next 4.2 JellyBean update)

Thats a deal breaker for me, looking for a new rom, currently on Android Revolution HD 13, any suggestions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Thats a deal breaker for me, looking for a new rom, currently on Android Revolution HD 13, any suggestions ?
    You can get apps from the marketplace that do the same thing. They show up as permanent notification and you can turn your power on or off

• Advertisement

Why not? You can install the app I posted above to get them, there are also apps in the market for SmartStay and other features not found in vanilla Android. For a modified ROM you'll need to look at AOKP ROMs which modify and add features to vanilla Android. SuperNexus is untouched, it's just ported across to a new device

Why not? You can install the app I posted above to get them, there are also apps in the market for SmartStay and other features not found in vanilla Android. For a modified ROM you'll need to look at AOKP ROMs which modify and add features to vanilla Android. SuperNexus is untouched, it's just ported across to a new device

The ROM im on has all those features, so I dont see the point in moving to one where I would have to download additional apps to do what this one already does.

Just installed the Power Toggles app and it works perfectly as a replacement, actually prefer the way it lets me choose which toggles I want on the notification screen.

The ROM im on has all those features, so I dont see the point in moving to one where I would have to download additional apps to do what this one already does.

Your choice. The reason we're all flashing SuperNexus has been posted many times, it's the fastest, smoothest ROM available for the S3 and is the latest version of Android available 4.1.2.

Your choice. The reason we're all flashing SuperNexus has been posted many times, it's the fastest, smoothest ROM available for the S3 and is the latest version of Android available 4.1.2.

Whats the battery performance like ?

Whats the battery performance like ?

The best I've found of all the ROM's I've tried. I don't care as long as I get the day, but I usually have loads left on my battery each night but charge it anyway.

The best I've found of all the ROM's I've tried. I don't care as long as I get the day, but I usually have loads left on my battery each night but charge it anyway.

Might give it a try for a day or two, will I have to re-download my apps after flashing ?

Might give it a try for a day or two, will I have to re-download my apps after flashing ?

Do a Titanium backup and you can back them up with settings to the SD card. You'll need to be rooted.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5rZXJhbWlkYXMuVGl0YW5pdW1CYWNrdXAiXQ..

Flashed super Nexus and now it wont connect back to my wifi, any ideas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Can I get a link to the Supernexus rom please?

Advertisement