Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Modding Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

kenyard wrote: »
    i have the exact same bugs, well browser one at least so i guess its the update...

email client wasnt working with my hotmail.co.uk account for the past 2-3 weeks anyway so i dont think that is a new issue

i dont use cloud sync.

Well I decided just to use Chrome if I couldnt get that to work properly,but for whatever reason it seems slower and it makes everything look like you were on the web at 480*800 resolution.

Currently just flashing back stop open europe rom and gonna wait till official one.
    I was just hoping JB would fix some of the problems. Its getting really annoying when you press the home button it takes about 3-5 seconds for all the icons to come up, app FC all the time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

i had no issues with force close. the 3-5 seconds on home button (more like 0.5 of a second imo) is because its waiting for a second tap for that voice dial thing i guess..
    im wondering would turning that off make it instant.

facebook app is force closing on me also in jellybean now. works sometimes and others it doesnt... im guessing they just hafnt been updated for jellybean yet is all.
    either way im as happy with this as i was with 4.0.4 if not mroeso, so im gonna stick it out another few days and see whats going on with the official build.
    im guessing there will be quite a few roms going around in 4.1.1 at the minute also which are quite good, though i dont quite wanna venture into that territory yet as i know ill end up flashing 20 different ones over the space of a week again lol

i had no issues with force close. the 3-5 seconds on home button (more like 0.5 of a second imo) is because its waiting for a second tap for that voice dial thing i guess..
    im wondering would turning that off make it instant.

You misunderstood the problem. Its not how fast it gets home. I can live with that. Its when it goes to the home screen. I get a blank page. Then widget pops up after a second and icons start appearing.

It happens in JB too but not as badly. In JB it is 1 or 2 seconds it takes to appear. I got three screens full of widgets and apps. It usually has no problems when theres only a couple of things on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

You misunderstood the problem. Its not how fast it gets home. I can live with that. Its when it goes to the home screen. I get a blank page. Then widget pops up after a second and icons start appearing.

It happens in JB too but not as badly. In JB it is 1 or 2 seconds it takes to appear. I got three screens full of widgets and apps. It usually has no problems when theres only a couple of things on it.

Do you use the s-voice? the reason there is a lag because its designed in case you wan't to press twice which thats why it slow it down.

Check in the XDA forum they have a fix lag button issue been fixed. can't look for the link now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

s_carnage wrote: »
    @Madmoe: I've been getting the latest firmware from here: XDA and here is detailed flashing instructions which is very straight forward XDA

Just a question though I have about the whole process is that I previously updated I9300XXBLG8 using Odin and now I see there is a new version available I9300XXBLH1. This new version says it is for Nordic countries but I am on 3 in Ireland. In all the other firmwares I updated it had been unbranded UK so just wondering would I encounter any problems updating to the latest firmware?

Flashed the Nordic stock on mine and no horrid Vodafone bloat to be seen at all! It's all working perfectly for me, no issues! I am now eagerly awaiting the JB update and should get it as soon as it's out, right? No waiting on Vodafone to deliver!

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    s_carnage wrote: »
    @Madmoe: I've been getting the latest firmware from here: XDA and here is detailed flashing instructions which is very straight forward XDA

Just a question though I have about the whole process is that I previously updated I9300XXBLG8 using Odin and now I see there is a new version available I9300XXBLH1. This new version says it is for Nordic countries but I am on 3 in Ireland. In all the other firmwares I updated it had been unbranded UK so just wondering would I encounter any problems updating to the latest firmware?

Flashed the Nordic stock on mine and no horrid Vodafone bloat to be seen at all! It's all working perfectly for me, no issues! I am now eagerly awaiting the JB update and should get it as soon as it's out, right? No waiting on Vodafone to deliver!

Cheers,
    M

Nordic is for Nordic countries only is it not?

I flashed open Europe back onto it and got promoted to a firmware upgrade which left me with I9300XXBLH1.

I flashed open Europe back onto it and got promoted to a firmware upgrade which left me with I9300XXBLH1.

i reckon it was only an update for LTE... its pretty much the latest version, just wont affect us with the very very latest patch they made is all.
    thats the version i got off kies before i flashed jellybean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

So, what you guys running. I'm still on build 2 of SuperNexus and not sure what to flash to. I don't want anything based on Samsung Touchwiz, prefer AOSP or AOKP

I'm happily using Nordic stock firmware without nare an issue and eagerly awaiting Jelly Bean!

I am getting annoyed by all the ads in a few apps and was wondering two things. If I now root my current Nordic stock ROM will that delete all the data on my phone and if and when Jelly Bean is officially released will I still get prompted for the update the normal way as I am rooted??

Cheers guys,
    M

yup. rooting only opens up your phone to possibilities, it doesnt affect it in any other way..
    iv rooted my phone 4-5 times now..
    -every time you update you need to re-root your phone ;)
    theres an app called luckypatcher which can remove ads etc from apps and games..just patches them to remove them. very handy stuff...has to be applied to each app though. i think theres also adblock which just stops them completely..besides that turn off mobile data and stuff when gaming, but thats just annoying to have to do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

I'm happily using Nordic stock firmware without nare an issue and eagerly awaiting Jelly Bean!

I am getting annoyed by all the ads in a few apps and was wondering two things. If I now root my current Nordic stock ROM will that delete all the data on my phone and if and when Jelly Bean is officially released will I still get prompted for the update the normal way as I am rooted??

Cheers guys,
    M

Can anyone link to the latest stock European firmware?

yup. rooting only opens up your phone to possibilities, it doesnt affect it in any other way..
    iv rooted my phone 4-5 times now..
    -every time you update you need to re-root your phone ;)
    theres an app called luckypatcher which can remove ads etc from apps and games..just patches them to remove them. very handy stuff...has to be applied to each app though. i think theres also adblock which just stops them completely..besides that turn off mobile data and stuff when gaming, but thats just annoying to have to do :)

Cheers! I used Ad Away before when rooted on another phone and it removed all the ads in every app which is what I want :-)

Will me ability to receive the official Jelly Bean update be affected at all dude if I am rooted? I am coll with it being un-rooted again once the Jelly Bean update arrives.

Thanks,
    M

srdb20 wrote: »

Cheers guys,
    M

Can't link it, but if you go to http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/ you should be able to find it there. Country wise just select open Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Cheers guys,
    M

Can't link it, but if you go to http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/ you should be able to find it there. Country wise just select open Europe.

Ye was trying that but it doesn't have a stock ROM just a carrier specific one, ie meteor, Vodafone etc.... Is there one just particular I should be choosing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Cheers guys,
    M

Ye was trying that but it doesn't have a stock ROM just a carrier specific one, ie meteor, Vodafone etc.... Is there one just particular I should be choosing?

Yeah look for "Open Europe" when your chosing a country. I couldn't find it either. Its filed under that name

Build 3 of SuperNexus is out on saturday, I've been waiting for this as I've no interest in a stock based ROM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

hiya lads just getting used to android.. playing around with roms etc etc. i want to get it back to as it was out of the box on vodafone. i have to triangle away, flash stock vodafone rom and then factory reset? is this right or am i missing something? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

i want to get used to doing different things and also get to know the phone. so if put a rom i dont like or it has to go back for warrenty i can restore it properly. do i put on the vodafone stock rom through odin?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭blueyedson

i'm looking for advice on changing the rom to fix some stuff thats happening...

s3 was rooted but left the stock rom on it (vodafone)

was working grand for weeks untill, after trying to upload a video to facebook.

the pc's it was connected to dont see it anymore, gallery or media apps dont see pics/music/video on the ext sd card.

have done all obvious stuff like taking out ext card and battery, installing samsung keia or whatever its called and changing usb debug settings.

the ext card is visible in file manager and pics/music,videos files can be seen no problem.

sorry for long post......so any recommended roms that might sort this out?

thanks for reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Have you tried unmounting/mounting?

someone had issues with this when the phone first came out. their solution was restart the pc with the phone plugged in i think. or restart the phone when plugged in.
    either way it fixed it though its ofc an inconvenience to have to do

Flashed SuperNexus build 3 beta 2 the other evening and it's very sweet. The memory leak is fixed and it's crazy fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭MrGeneric

Has there been any news about Irish carriers getting the different coloured versions?

Ok, after 2 full day using SuperNexus build 3 I have to say it's amazing, battery life is fantastic, very very smooth and just the way I like it, absolutely no crap. I even go further to removing apps from it I don't use, the gallery (i use quickpic), calculator (i use realcalc) and music player (use latest google music). I give myself back the notification toggles with power toggles and use the smart stay app to give me back the only features of stock I miss. Some are saying it's the fastest ROM available. It's still a beta but I've not found a single bug, definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,136 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Ok, after 2 full day using SuperNexus build 3 I have to say it's amazing, battery life is fantastic, very very smooth and just the way I like it, absolutely no crap. I even go further to removing apps from it I don't use, the gallery (i use quickpic), calculator (i use realcalc) and music player (use latest google music). I give myself back the notification toggles with power toggles and use the smart stay app to give me back the only features of stock I miss. Some are saying it's the fastest ROM available. It's still a beta but I've not found a single bug, definitely recommend it.

brilliant

when did the mem leak get fixed?

anything that doesnt work fm radio aside?

Cyrus wrote: »
    brilliant

when did the mem leak get fixed?

anything that doesnt work fm radio aside?

This build fixes the memory leak, Samsung released the source code some time ago. I've not found any bugs at all, it's all silky smooth. It's not officially released yet though, still on beta, but you can grab it on twitter:
    http://twitter.com/Faryaab/status/250687157512048640

Edit, you will need the Google apps file from the thread
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1817345

• Advertisement

ugh... i know im gonna mess with this later now :D
    hate having to install all apps again and stuff.
    haha. oh well :D

Advertisement