Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Modding Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

kenyard wrote: »
    ugh... i know im gonna mess with this later now :D
    hate having to install all apps again and stuff.
    haha. oh well :D

Use titanium backup, back them all up then reinstall the important ones with data, takes 15 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    This build fixes the memory leak, Samsung released the source code some time ago. I've not found any bugs at all, it's all silky smooth. It's not officially released yet though, still on beta, but you can grab it on twitter:
    http://twitter.com/Faryaab/status/250687157512048640

Edit, you will need the Google apps file from the thread
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1817345

Excellent, I got rid of Build 2 as my apps started going nuts with it - in the end very little worked and the memory leak became more and more apparant. Was a really nice ROM when it worked and if this is properly sorted I'm flashing it when I get home from work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Found a bug. Hotspot is not working for me, hopefully it gets fixed in the full release. Other than that it's the perfect ROM.

Found a bug. Hotspot is not working for me, hopefully it gets fixed in the full release. Other than that it's the perfect ROM.

I'm noticing chrome is force closing on me sometimes. Happened when I was on build 2 also. Been fine so far today though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Build 3 final release is being compiled
    http://twitter.com/Faryaab/status/252467509792497664

Build 3 has been released, downloading now

Hotspot not fixed :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Tried supernexus there. WiFi performance and range isn't as good as Touchwizz ROMS.

Back to Android Revolution for now :-) at least I didn't a back up :-)

• Advertisement

Flashing this camera mod so I can save to ext SD
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28173707

Hotspot not fixed :mad:

Anything different otherwise?

Anything different otherwise?

Not from the beta, it's silky smooth, lightning quick, very stable, the perfect daily runner. The only bug I can find is hotspot.

Not from the beta, it's silky smooth, lightning quick, very stable, the perfect daily runner. The only bug I can find is hotspot.

Cool, I don't use my phone as one anymore so should be fine for me so. I'll update it this evening. I'll set it downlaoding lunchtime and flash via CWM and leave it do it's stuff on my drive home.

Cool, I don't use my phone as one anymore so should be fine for me so. I'll update it this evening. I'll set it downlaoding lunchtime and flash via CWM and leave it do it's stuff on my drive home.

He said it's best to wipe, even if you were using a beta. I've not done this as I wiped before the beta but I do plan on doing it as soon as I have some time. It's always best to wipe.

He said it's best to wipe, even if you were using a beta. I've not done this as I wiped before the beta but I do plan on doing it as soon as I have some time. It's always best to wipe.

I noticed that the file name of the download is the same as the test one I installed the other day. I'm assuming they are the same so I haven't installed yet.

I noticed that the file name of the download is the same as the test one I installed the other day. I'm assuming they are the same so I haven't installed yet.

Go to settings-->about phone, is the SuperNexus version 20120930 and the build number JRO03R. If not update

Version is different. Just wiped and went to flash with cwm and it didn't work! Problem with the file it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

redownload and try again.
    possibly just file got corrupted during dl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I upgraded to JB on Friday evening. I can't believe how long the battery lasts now. At 11am this morning, I was at 95%. Now, at 4:30pm, I'm at 84%. That's 11% in a near full working day. It's usually a 70+% drop in same period.

I have mobile internet on, syncing email etc all day AND FM radio on all day. I know that the FM doesn't take much power, but I'm normally down to about 20% or 30% on ICS.

Now, I do have power saving mode turned on, but I always had it turned on in ICS too.

Haven't been this impressed in Android, ever.

• Advertisement

redownload and try again.
    possibly just file got corrupted during dl.

Did you that and now very happy with it! Blue tooth calls when I ring some numbers goes a bit mad sometimes but that's the only fault I've seen.

RangeR wrote: »
    I upgraded to JB on Friday evening. I can't believe how long the battery lasts now. At 11am this morning, I was at 95%. Now, at 4:30pm, I'm at 84%. That's 11% in a near full working day. It's usually a 70+% drop in same period.

I have mobile internet on, syncing email etc all day AND FM radio on all day. I know that the FM doesn't take much power, but I'm normally down to about 20% or 30% on ICS.

Now, I do have power saving mode turned on, but I always had it turned on in ICS too.

Haven't been this impressed in Android, ever.

power savings is a lot more restrictive on stuff imo in jellybean. you can see that in the individual settings you can choose on it. i generally leave the processor alone with it on as i find it makes certain apps sluggish...

power savings is a lot more restrictive on stuff imo in jellybean. you can see that in the individual settings you can choose on it. i generally leave the processor alone with it on as i find it makes certain apps sluggish...

Fair enough. I've turned off Power Saving and will check my stats again tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully around the same time, 4:30pm ish. Similar comparison on usage.

if in settings you press on power savings you can see each individual setting and choose the ones you want..turning off haptic feedback, lowering brightness more etc ;)
    im messing with stuff at the minute. i have an app causing a lot of "awake" time for me and im trying to figure out how to stop it doing so...

anyone else also find taht you can alter the brightness slider when its set to auto, so it still auto adjusts brightness but you can set it to the high or low end of what it thinks? i was confused at first but like it now

also wondering if anyone knows how to stop an app causing phone to wake up? i have footmob soccer scores which i really like but its causing my phone to wake, and draining battery unnecessarily ofc... just wondering if i can control it with another app or something, or its just that app itself causing issues. also if someone can recommend another good soccer app then if thats the case

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Does anyone know why when I flash a ROM I always get the default JB theme. It happens with all ROMs, no themes applied after I flash. For example, I just flashed the Paranoid Android dark ROM that is heavily modified. The ROM installs ok just not the theme.

I also find if I flash a theme from xda it doesn't work.

Im not sure if this even relevant but I rooted my S3 using CF-Root.

mccard wrote: »
    Does anyone know why when I flash a ROM I always get the default JB theme. It happens with all ROMs, no themes applied after I flash. For example, I just flashed the Paranoid Android dark ROM that is heavily modified. The ROM installs ok just not the theme.

I also find if I flash a theme from xda it doesn't work.

Im not sure if this even relevant but I rooted my S3 using CF-Root.

Wipe -> Flash -> Wipe

Fair enough. I've turned off Power Saving and will check my stats again tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully around the same time, 4:30pm ish. Similar comparison on usage.

Right, here is a close comparison. Today at 11am, I was at 97% battery. At approx 5pm, I was at 77%. A 20% difference.

So, it's about an hour longer than my figures yesterday and the power drain is only a little bit more.

Power saving doesn't have THAT much of an effect. It looks like JB is just a BEAST at conserving power.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Wipe -> Flash -> Wipe

Good man, will try this evening, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

mccard wrote: »
    Good man, will try this evening, thanks.

Format/factory reset - wipe cache - wipe dalvik - format system, then flash away..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Right, here is a close comparison. Today at 11am, I was at 97% battery. At approx 5pm, I was at 77%. A 20% difference.

So, it's about an hour longer than my figures yesterday and the power drain is only a little bit more.

Power saving doesn't have THAT much of an effect. It looks like JB is just a BEAST at conserving power.

Is this a stock Samsung JB ROM mate? Where you get it?

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement