Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250 One4All Voucher and Tickets to the London Olympics with Pieta House

Options
  • 05-06-2012 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

There's two competitions coming your way today, one for a €250 One4All voucher, and the other for tickets to the London Olympics! :)

As you might know, Electric Ireland are proud sponsors of Team Ireland at this summer's London Olympics, and the Torch Run takes place here in Ireland tomorrow, Wednesday 6th June, with one of the participants being Joan Freeman. Joan is the founder of Pieta House, an amazing organisation and one which Electric Ireland strongly supports.

Joan works tirelessly to create awareness and support for those experiencing mental health difficulties and Electric Ireland was delighted to nominate her to take part in the Torch Run. See here for more.

Electric Ireland have donated two tickets for the Olympics (plus flights and accommodation) to Pieta House. To be in with a chance to win this amazing prize, which is now up for grabs from Pieta House, simply show your support for Joan and Pieta House via Twitter, and use the hash-tag #powertoshine. Be sure to mention @PietaHouse/@ElectricIreland in your tweet - in fact, to make it as easy as possible, you can just retweet this:

pietahousetweet.jpg

In addition to this, we are also offering a prize here on Boards to mark the occasion: a one for all voucher worth €250! Perhaps you can use the prize money to treat your very own #powertoshine person. To be in with a chance to win, simply post below who your #powertoshine person is and why.

Best of luck! The competition closes next Monday 11th June at 2pm; see here for the Ts&Cs.

Thanks,

David.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppyfields

My power to shine person is my daughers teacher. She's so inspiring and encourages them to explore the world and not just what is on the curriculum. My six year old runs out every day from school with her eyes shining, brimming with excitement with all the things Miss has taught her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My #powertoshine person is my dad, he's the hardest working man I've ever known. Whenever I struggle with something I just think of him and what he would do and that always helps me through anything. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

My #powertoshine is Bono because he helps Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

My #powertoshine person is my best friend. She has had to go through so much sadness in her life, quite a lot of it recently, but she is still a really strong and cheerful person and she would go out of her way for anyone and is so generous, even to people who she knows would never return the favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

My #powertoshine person is my Dad. He has been so supportive of me all throughout my life and really helped me through a few rough patches I have had. Thanks to him I am now back on track and looking forward to living a good life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Sure I'll nominate Joan Freeman as my #powertoshine person, for creating awareness and support for those experiencing mental health difficulties

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Blackjackdavey

My #powertoshine person is my mum, working 2 jobs because my sister can't find work and she sustains the household to make up for it. Nothing but love and respect for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

My #powertoshine person is Captain Planet.

He completely selflessly devotes all his time into saving our wonderful planet from pollutants and and natural disasters, if only we could all be a little more like him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,950 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My #powertoshine person is my mum. Why? Well she's my mum... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wayner2764

My #powertoshine person is my Dad. He is doing everything he can to support my family. He has sold nearly everything he has to get money for me and my brother. He is full of wisdom and courage. I am proud hes my Dad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

My power to shine person would have to be my superhero mum!
    She works full time shift work, on her days off she travels 200km roundtrip to spend a night with her elderly mum and brings her to do her grocery shopping. She spends evenings with the local sports club, and she still find time to be the best mum to my brother and I. The voucher would be all hers if I won.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

#powertoshine person is Trapatoni and his Green Army (They Play as One)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Kurgan

My #powertoshine person is definately My mum ,
    Ever since I unwittingly gave her my direct number in work she never hestitates to ring me on a Daily Basis from various clothing stores all over Dublin... suggesting that I'd like a particular pair of socks /jumpers/rain jacket/gloves/slippers/duvet covers .....etc
    The fact that she doesn;t understand the word's "I'm busy & not now and that I can't actually see through her phone at the stripey pair of socks she's going to buy me...
    Yes thanks Mum for making me look busy on the phone, You are my powertoshine person and if I win , i'll give you my brother's direct line too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

My #powertoshine people are all my family. No matter what happens, they will always be there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stringofmisery

my #powertoshine person is my mom.basically, i dont know where i'd be without her.she is an incredible support to our neighbour in her time of need.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭cwboy

My #powertoshine person is Fr Paddy Byrne. Always tweeting good news in this tough time @frpaddybyrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

My #powertoshine person is my girlfriend Sinead. She supports me when I'm down, motivates me to go on with what I'm doing and shines a light into the darkest places in my life. I love her like no other.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭jonnybangbang

my #powertoshine people are my cousin Maura and her husband John who dropped everything to look after me and my brother when our parents had passed away. they moved house and away from their friends so we didn't have to. And 14 years on they are still there for us no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

My #powertoshine person is my Mother. She has raised me to be what I am today. She has been with me through thick and thin and has always been supportive. She has cared for me and loved me since I was born and as long as I live she will always be watching over me.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

My #powertoshine is Mr. X, cause we don't know him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

My #powertoshine person is my Mum, she may have not given birth to me as I am adopted but she is an inspiration to me every day.

She had a stroke some years ago, has zero feeling on her right hand site, can't drive any longer, also suffers from Crohn's disease. She never complains, puts everyone else before her and I would love to give her this voucher so I could give her something so she could put herself first for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

my powertoshine person is just the person in the street
    when they look at you and a smile they give you to greet
    for it is a positive attidude that makes the spirit fly
    for with all the negativity around its inclined to wilt and die
    So i salute those people and say to all that they should try
    for when you smile, things really do get better, nobody can deny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

me because im great

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

my girlfriend cause she is sexy.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭paulhealy1991

My #powertoshine person is the hulk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

my #powertoshine person is my mam. She's battled through depression & anxiety all the while working 40 hours a week and raising three kids. She really is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

My #powertoshine person is my mum, she's always looking out for me, when I was sick and works really hard, coming home from work to go and volunteer at a special needs badminton club as a coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

My #powertoshine person is my Mam, she's always there for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rhamiel

My power to shine person is my friend Brian, because he came through alot and never gave up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

My #powertoshine person is my son Fionn who has now learned to use a potty-saving me lots of money -yipee Fionn:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement