Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250 One4All Voucher and Tickets to the London Olympics with Pieta House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

My powertoshine person is my son who has come through more in his 4 years than most will ever go through in a lifetime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

My #powertoshine person is my husband - he is the light of my life, consistently making my world a brighter place to live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

My #powertoshine person is my mother, who has gone through thick and thin to keep myself, my brother and my little sister smiling and trudging forward since my dad passed away last year. I've always been able to rely on her and I know she's helped make me into the person that she can rely on in her elder years

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

My #powertoshine person is my dad. He is my rock. He works tirelessly for all of us and is always there to solve all our problems. I wouldn't even be a tenth of the person I am today were it not for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

My #Powertoshine person is my wife who is my full time carer she looks after me and does it tirelessly with a smile on her face. She cheers me up when I am down, she is my rock, my life is so much happier because of her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

My #powertoshine person is Batman. I love Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

My #powertoshine person is my dad as hes looked after my family over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 9 superS

My #powertoshine person is my auntie Yvonne. She works long hours and is dedicated to her work, she very seldom gets time off.
    She has given money to my family numerous times to help us with the basic expenses and asks for nothing in return. She really does work very hard and is an inspiration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

My powertoshine person is my mother, for putting up with me for 21 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

My #powertoshine is Dad. Despite pain and illness he is always available for his children and his grandchildren. Love ya xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 BMG83

My #powertoshine person is Br. Kevin Crowley of the Capuchin Day Centre, Dublin - he's an inspiration to young and old with his generosity of time, spirit and love.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

My #powertoshineperson is Sonia O Sullivan. I think she's a great Ambassador for Ireland and a great example of what can be achieved with lots of training, talent and personality. She make me so proud to be Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

My #powertoshine person is my mammy :D The woman has had a hard life, she has diabetes, heart problems, arthritis etc and takes soooo many tablets as well as lots of insulin. But she just does it and gets on with life. She has times when things are hard, but she picks herself back up, dusts herself off and keeps on going. Case in point she broke her shoulder in February, and she is back up and doing her best, even though with her age and health issues she can take ages to heal properly. I am so proud of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

My #powertoshine is my 2 year old son.. he's shown me how to climb mountains again...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

My #powertoshine person is my mother for always believing in me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Mine is my Dad. Without a doubt one of the hardest working human beings I'll ever have the privilege to know. Tirelessly working for friends and family in equal measure, to the detriment of his own free time and happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

My #powertoshine is definitely my mother. She's a constant source of inspiration to me as she's so giving and selfless of her time in helping others. She's so kind and generous and is always the first person to help someone in need. She's so compassionate and understanding, has always been there for me, and I know that I can rely on her no matter what. She's helped make me a better person and she never ceases to amaze me with her unconditional love and giving nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

My #powertoshine is Mr.Sheen! he shines umpteen things clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

my #powertoshine person is the sun god, he's a bit upset with us at the moment but hopefully hell like this post and shine down on us again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

My power to shine person is my Son who despite his ASD, shines everyday a light into my life, that light is enhanced by his sister they are my and my husbands lights in troubling times ,they beam out troubles
    :):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

My #powertoshine nominee is my wife Mary. She lights up my life every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 K_Everdeen

My #powertoshine person is my Mother, she hasn't had the easiest few years but she does the best she can and is quite inspiring to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

My #powertoshine person is Joanne O’Riordan - Truely inspirational

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My #powertoshine person is MY DAUGHTER, she is 12 and was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 back in 2007 when she was just 7 years old, on monday she walked and joged the flora mini marathon with me and raised 325 euro for the diabetes federation of ireland, she came in 18,156th out of just over 40,000 participants and finished with a time of 1:37:32, she has vowed to do it next year too but is going to jog all of it.

My daughter was one of the youngest participants as the age cut off is 14 (we fudged her birth-date so she could do it and she was well able with only a couple of gulps of lucozade to keep her going) she is very fit and active, doing kickboxing, horse riding, cross country running and out door adventure sports, seh never lets the diabetes beat her even though it has come close to putting her in a coma on 4 occasions....

Im so proud of my power to shine daughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

My powertoshine person is my neighbour Mr murphy for all his great charity work

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

My #powertoshine person is John McAreavey.

His love for Michaela shines strongly and has deeply and poignantly touched all of us in this land and further afield.

I would like him to have this prize, as a symbol of the love we have for him and his family, both the McAreavey family and the Harte family.

I would like this prize to be a symbol of the solidarity of all Irish people with him, at this dark time in his life.

I also hope that this prize would serve, in some small way, as a symbol for future hope, joy and happiness in his life.

And, in another small way, I would like this prize to be a symbol for all others who are suffering from the loss of a greatly loved one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

My #powertoshine person is my daughter at 2 she already has taught me more than i could ever explain and continues to do so everyday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buttynic

Mine is my 94 year old granny, a rock of a woman !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

My #powertoshine is the sun. Without it nobody could shine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 pforpedro

Mine is my mum.. what she deals with on a daily basis is, in my eyes, truly inspirational.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement