Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a €250 One4All Voucher and Tickets to the London Olympics with Pieta House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

My #powertoshine person is my mother. Without her our family would be nothing. Sadly she is living in her own little world with Alzheimers. We light up at the slightest glimmer of memory and recognition. God bless mam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

My powertoshine person is my Dad. After a tough couple of years for him in which he lost several loved ones, and was made redundant, he has been my family's rock. He turned a negative into a positive by going back to college at the age of 50 to get a degree, so that he can get back into the work force. I'm so proud of him <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dav5ter

My #powertoshine person is my mom, she is the most determined and strongest person I know... raising 5 kids, working full-time while also taking college course, only to come home to cook, get the house in order, help us all with homework, then back out to take us to soccer practice meets, library, friends house etc... and does it all with a smile on her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

My #powertoshine person is my best friend. She is always there for me when I need her and is going through a really hard time at the moment. I would love to cheer her up a bit with this voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mine is my mam, she does so much for me and my family would be lost without her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

My power to shine person is my two year old son Killian. After a rocky start when he came into this world he is now fitting fit and full of life!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

My #powertoshine person is my sister. She's like a best friend to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

My #powertoshine person is everybody, because without everybody Id be pretty lonely!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

My #powertoshine person was my Dad. He died 2 years ago this month.
    All I can say is that you taught me everything I know. Thank you. xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mr Manfred

My #PowerToShine person is David from Electric Ireland because he offered me a chance to win €250. Thanks David.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Mr Manfred wrote: »
    My #PowerToShine person is David from Electric Ireland because he offered me a chance to win €250. Thanks David.

Flattery will get you everywhere... ;)

Btw, thanks to everyone so far for the entries. Very heart-warming and uplifting reading. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

My #powertoshine person is Aziz "Zyzz" Shavershian, he taught me the importance of aesthetics and not to give a poop what others think. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

My 'powertoshine' person is my mum who is truly a living saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

My #powertoshine person would have to be my dad. An inspiration of a man, and if I can be half the man he is, I will be a good person.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 iBananas

My parents are my #powertoshine. Very positive and supportive people, I'd be lost without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My power to shine person is my mother. Through all my health problems, and all the difficulties, she's been there through thick and thin. She's never once discouraged me from living my dreams, and I hope to end up like her, with as much love and compassion as she has.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

my #powertoshine person is the first person singular....

Because I would like to infuse this lovely thread, which heretofore was full of goodness and altruism, with a touch of selfishness and narcissism and because, of course, I'm salivating at all the things I could buy with that voucher.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

my #powertoshine person is the first person singular....

Because I would like to infuse this lovely thread, which heretofore was full of goodness and altruism, with a touch of selfishness and narcissism and because, of course, I'm salivating at all the things I could buy with that voucher.:P

Now, if any of my competitors wouldn't mind thanking me for the above post, just to give my entry some extra clout...?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

My #powertoshine would have to be my sister. Day in Day out she looks after my father After a long day on her feet. she's an inspiration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

My powertoshine person is my uncle who is still working so hard to beat his depression. After a very difficult few years when we lost my nana and nearly lost him too he has come out the other side looking very like the uncle I had when I was a child. I know he has a struggle every day but he didn't give up and we are so proud of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭blacklionboy

My #powertoshine person is Irish cause we never give up

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

My #powertoshine person is my older brother, he always cheers me up and offers a friendly ear even at that time of the month when I'm particularly whingy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

My Powertoshine person isn't a person, it's my mutt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

My #powertoshine person is Brain Boitano.

When Brian Boitano was in the olympics,
    Skating for the gold,
    He did two Salchows and a triple lutz,
    While wearing a blind fold.

When Brian Boitano was in the alps,
    Fighting grizzly bears,
    He used his magical fire breath,
    And saved the maidens fair.

When Brian Boitano travelled through time
    To the year 3010,
    He fought the evil robot kings
    and saved the human race again

And when Brian Boitano built the pyramids,
    He beat up Kublai Kahn.

Cause Brian Boitano doesn't take poop from an-y-body

The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

My #powertoshine person has to be my mother, as unoriginal as that might be in this thread!

Without her I would not be here and she continues to be someone I can learn from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

my #powertoshine person is my mum as she is always there to help with any problems I have

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Diamondsandrose

My powertoshine person has to be my brother. He's helped me through tough times, always been supportive and honestly deserves the all in one voucher more than I do. It would be such a nice gesture to a person who deserves it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

My #powertoshine person is my father who helped me get my new apartment (which is powered by Electric Ireland) all nice and shiney!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

My #powertoshine is my daughter, who teaches me every day what's really important in life!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement