Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutrition before and during exams?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I dont even use my Berocca Boost, once or twice if I remember it but apart from that nope.
    Glucose tablets are amazing, Im prone to dizzyness and stuff, especially during long written exams, and they've worked really well. :)
    Weetabix and coffee in the morning, sandwhich and crisps for lunch .. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

A big fat buttery omlette with tomatoes, onions & peppers :D

Keep you going 'till evening & it's got lots of healthy fat

Chicken with a big ass salad for dinner.

Nuts n' seeds for snacks...

That's all I need! :D

Oh, and also, get some exercise during the exams! Go for a walk, kick a ball around; don't mind anyone else, it's great exercise! :)

Me and my friend slipped out for fresh air before our Home Ec and got locked out of the school. Fair to say I got my first bit of excercise for a long time in the last few seconds before that exam trying to find an open door! Spent the first 5 minutes trying to catch my breath again :L

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jmclee

Complex carbs are your best friends. Brown rice and tuna/chicken/turkey with some brocolli and spinach for dinner, sorted!

Porridge for breakfast, two egg omelete cooked in olive oil. Throw in some peppers and away you go.

For lunch, whole grain tortilla wrap with some chicken/turkey/tuna with some salad type stuff in the wrap!

Peanut butter sandwich is also great for a snack!

This is pretty much what I eat. If it's good enough for someone training for the military it's good enough for exams! :p

That all takes farrr too much effort, pack of crisps and a nutella sandwich and away we go.. few pieces of fruit too perhaps
    And a fish oil tablet in the morn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm after making a huge batch of soup - tomatoes, potatoes, onion, peppers, sweetcorn, carrots. It'll last me a fair while :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

This guy chills outside all the exam centers, all you gotta do is answer the question, "on a scale of 1-10 how old are you?"

Gives you a decent energy boost before the exam

Pedo_Bear_Want_some_candy_by_Blink1972.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 TheHazer

Chewing gum can help increase cognitive ability for 20 minutes apparently! It certainly helped me whether it was just a placebo effect or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

Top exam tips: Make sure you eat during exam time to avoid dying

Advertisement