Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does your pension from past jobs automatically come with you

Options
  • 05-06-2012 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I am in my current job 4 years, when I was younger I worked in a number of different places for between a year and 2 years. I was wondering does the money I paid into the pensions I had for these jobs automatically come with me when I changed jobs and if not what happens to that money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Don't mix up PRSI contributions which count towards your State pension and contributions towards pension funds.

Assuming you were a member of a pension scheme when you were younger, these funds don't automatically transfer with you. Contact each of your previous employers and ask them for a Leaving Service Options letter in respect your pension entitlements from that employment. That letter should give you the details on what your fund is worth now and what you can do with it.

Advertisement