Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Armoured Kill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Why?

because it rains death and destruction from the sky and you cant hide from it , its great if you are the 1 guy that gets into it but otherwise you get butt f****d

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

because it rains death and destruction from the sky and you cant hide from it , its great if you are the 1 guy that gets into it but otherwise you get butt f****d

There needs to be a counter for the Gunship in Rush. Much like the Mobile AA Tunguska for the attacking helicopter on Wake Island Rush.

All in all. I like the gunship and other vehicles. Kinda feels it has to be balanced more. Give both sides an equal chance....! take for example Armoured Sheild. The attacking team have both the Gunship and the Missile Artillery Vehicle :confused: Which one of the new assignments for it is to unlock surface to air missiles... why dont the defenders have it? while the attackers have the gunship?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Hopefully it never happens
    Why? :confused:

Those maps work fine as they are and don't need to be ruined by the ac130. The artillery I could accept as it might help against very good chopper/jet pilots but I would replace a tank with it in that case so as not to ruin the balance between infantry and vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Quads on the other maps would be great though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm seeing a lot of the chopper pilots flying low in AK; great fun hitting them with the SMAW/RPG :P

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm seeing a lot of the chopper pilots flying low in AK; great fun hitting them with the SMAW/RPG :P

and the tank destroyers id say half my kills with the tank destroyer are jets and heli's :D

and the tank destroyers id say half my kills with the tank destroyer are jets and heli's :D
    How are you finding the TOW rockets? Only unlocked them recently myself; wonder do they go up? Would be great for the choppers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Since i got AK, everything is loading way faster. New map loads are taking about a quater of the time. happy days!
    Anyone else seeing the same?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

DonalN wrote: »
    Since i got AK, everything is loading way faster. New map loads are taking about a quater of the time. happy days!
    Anyone else seeing the same?

AK maps definitely load faster than others did. I must try the older maps and report back.

How are you finding the TOW rockets? Only unlocked them recently myself; wonder do they go up? Would be great for the choppers :D

quite powerful but hard to hit air targets with them as they are quite slow
    and once you fire one go make a cup of tea it should be nearly reloaded by the time you get back:p

• Advertisement

quite powerful but hard to hit air targets with them as they are quite slow
    and once you fire one go make a cup of tea it should be nearly reloaded by the time you get back:p
    Argh, these are the same things as the ATGM Launcher for the LAV-25 - was hoping it'd be something new and shiny useful. Bleh.

May just see if I can up my chopper score, as the tanks and other big armored vehicles have to go along specific roads, as opposed to cross country, in the hilly snow maps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I play conquest on 360 and its more like a flying coffin than fortress, nowhere near the level of destruction a good attack heli crew can lay down!
    Those maps work fine as they are and don't need to be ruined by the ac130. The artillery I could accept as it might help against very good chopper/jet pilots but I would replace a tank with it in that case so as not to ruin the balance between infantry and vehicles
    AC130 adds alot to the gameplay though by giving aircraft something to actually fight over and a prized focal point flag on the ground but I do agree it only works on vehicle maps, your not going to take it down on foot.
    Caspian and Firestorm do need something to make them more exciting IMHO, I find myself generally leaving servers than rotate to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone notice any difference between ATGM and HE rounds?

Havent used ATGM yet.

I keep forgetting to say it .

Holding accelerate and brake on the Quads makes it sound like that pod racer from Star wars :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody have any tips for using the stinger/jav?

Been fcuk arseing around with them for nearly a year now and I cant get a kill with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

javelin works best if Recon in squad is using a Soflam .....then it can do serious damage.

as for stinger , Don't fire the min you get the lock on. a lot of pilots tend to flare early , just hold the lock and wait you can lock and fire twice before he can reload his flares. ...that seems to work for me but i could be just fluking it .:D

Been fcuk arseing around with them for nearly a year now and I can get a kill with them

It helps to use them in tandem with someone else since you have a better chance of hitting a target in quick succession. If a tank has smoke it can be difficult to score a hit with a Javelin as it reloads as fast as you can reaquire. On a hectic map like Caspian Rush you can score plenty of Javelin kills in conjunction with a well placed mine field. It's also useful for idiots trying to snipe long range in a tank. The smoke trail gives your position away pretty clearly tho.

On jeeps and quads the driver doesn't get a warning beep so they can be easy prey, but they move fast and can drop out of range. They also lock on to enemy SOFLAMS and even empty vehicles (good for vehicles being repaired).

For the Stinger/IGLA you have to deal with flares and ECM. Flares will distract the missile while in the air. The ECM blocks your lock on and can also defect the projectile in flight.

They're good for harassment however. They'll force the pilot to deploy his counter measures (an inexperienced pilot will sometimes jizz his flares if you just remain locked on and don't fire). You should have time to reload and fire again before his countermeasures reload, unless he has sense to get well out of range.

The Recon's SOFLAM is a great help in the right hands. It'll let you lock on to painted targets faster and the missile attacks from the top down instead of the side doing more damage. It also lets you target aircraft, usually works best if the Recon is actively tracking it. This is a great tactic against a good heli pilot.

I usually prefer getting up close and personal with the RPG, but the Javelin works best when your enemy is further out pushing on your position, as you find in Rush of when you're at a stalemate in Conquest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Been fcuk arseing around with them for nearly a year now and I cant get a kill with them

I find it best to wait until the Heli is in the best possible position before you lock on with a Stinger. Too many people target it then start a lock the second it is in range, but it's very easy for the pilot to flare or ECM then move out of range. Wait till he is close, lock, wait to seconds to see if he flares then fire anyway. He will definitely flare or ECM then. You instantly reload , lock and fire again. Chances are he is too close to get out of range, and if you have picked your surroundings correctly he can't get in behind anything to break the lock quickly enough.

That is him disabled. The vast majority of pilots will bale out and probably didn't bring a rep tool with them, so you go and fix said chopper, steal it and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Plus rpgs take out a chopper/jet with one shot don't they?

Pretty sure they do, as do tank shells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

danniemcq wrote: »
    Plus rpgs take out a chopper/jet with one shot don't they?

They take out choppers in one shot anyway, never got a jet with it before..

Edit: Ah, 5uspect beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Don't think that RPGs and tank shells can one hit the UH1Y but they will on all other choppers.

Don't think that RPGs and tank shells can one hit the UH1Y but they will on all other choppers.

Want to find out? :)

5uspect wrote: »
    Want to find out? :)

I have to my detriment. Oh you've just hit a chopper that looked like a dot on your screen with a free-shot from a tank? Yeah, vehicle disabled, have 100 points for that amazing feat of aiming sprinkled with a light dusting of luck. Oh, your 50 cal gunner sprayed his gun at said chopper? He can have 4 kills, a vehicle destroy, multikill bonus and 800 or so points. Not bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I have to my detriment. Oh you've just hit a chopper that looked like a dot on your screen with a free-shot from a tank? Yeah, vehicle disabled, have 100 points for that amazing feat of aiming sprinkled with a light dusting of luck. Oh, your 50 cal gunner sprayed his gun at said chopper? He can have 4 kills, a vehicle destroy, multikill bonus and 800 or so points. Not bitter.

sarcasm?

hypermuse wrote: »
    Is there any demo for the premium DLC or way to try before you buy?

Was convinced I was gonna get it once rich enough but some stories make me think otherwise!

Overall a worthwhile investment?

Im sure one of us will gameshare ;)

danniemcq wrote: »
    sarcasm?

:D

Anybody have any tips for using the stinger
    Lock onto a chopper, wait for someone else to fire, and then when the pilot hits the flares, lock on again, and shoot.

And remember; even if you have no missiles left, you can still act the bollix and lock onto them :P

Was flying yesterday. To hell with repairing the chopper; I'd get close to the land, jump, whip out the RPG, and most likely the pilot chasing me will be so close, that I'll kill him with one shot from the RPG :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Lock onto a chopper, wait for someone else to fire, and then when the pilot hits the flares, lock on again, and shoot.

And remember; even if you have no missiles left, you can still act the bollix and lock onto them :P

What a diamond piece of advice! Got my first hit/kill with a Jav there a few mins ago. I locked on like you said, kept it locked on for a few seconds longer than I usually would, up pops his smoke but I just bided my time and socked him one. Only took me 99hr and 12 mins of play time lol,

Cheers pal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

looks like they've taken the comments into consideration and tried to balance rush rounds more

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654785919456813/

Gunship balancing in server update R31 on September 20th (all formats)
    • Stationary and mobile AA cannon damage has been reduced by 30% versus the gunship.
    Rationale: This fixes an issue where it was too easy for players to use stationary or mobile AA to shoot down the gunship from the other side of the map.

• Jet cannon damage has been reduced by 50% versus the gunship.
    Rationale: In Conquest mode, jets have been able to single-strafe a gunship and destroy it. This re-balance will require more skill from pilots to take it down.

• The delay before moving the gunship forward to a new base in Rush mode has been increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
    Rationale: Previously, the gunship was moved to the next base so quickly that it was possible to parachute from it into the base before defenders were able to prepare. This tweak will give defenders time to fall back and protect the valuable M-COM stations as intended.

• The Delay between gunship spawns has been increased from 90 to 120 seconds in Rush mode.
    Rationale: After destroying the gunship in Rush mode, it reappeared too quickly to be well-balanced. With a 50% increase in spawn time for the gunship, defenders will now have more time to focus on the crates and less of a constant overhanging threat from the gunship.

• Initial delay before the gunship spawns in Rush mode has been increased from 15 to 60 seconds.
    Rationale: Before this update, the gunship gunners could find the enemy before the round and instakill them when the pre-round timer ran out. Now, it will take a full minute before the gunship will spawn, giving defenders ample time to prepare.

Other changes in the server update
    • Fixed a bug where a new squad leader wasn’t chosen when the current squad leader left.

• Fixed so that MK1A3 uses flechette rounds instead of frag rounds in Gun Master mode for Premium members (non-Premiums already have flechette rounds).

• Fixed a bug with Squad Rush on Sharqi Peninsula where the user was spawned outside the combat area if they deployed shortly after the first M-COM was destroyed.

Advertisement