Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Armoured Kill

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

3.7!??!?
    Ah crap.
    No way I have 3.7gb on my xbox hard drive.

Question lads,
    If I was to buy a bigger xbox hard drive how would I transfer my profile over to start downloading the new dlc?

... or would I just be better of buying a 8gb usb stick? :confused:

It comes with a special cable and instructions on how to copy everything over. It's pretty simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

yeah its like 1.7gb on xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I'm going to have to get a bigger hard drive before the next DLC. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

422nd wrote: »

I'm going to have to get a bigger hard drive before the next DLC. :rolleyes:

It's 1.54 on xbox, have it downloading, should be done when I'm home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

started it a one today so it would be down when I got home from work

Still bloody downloading 81% ...stupid ea. 7gb inside a week from them.

Better be good :mad::mad: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Had a few games on conquest.

So far loving the tank destroyers.

The AC-130 finally gives jets a much tighter purpose then in prior bf3 maps as they have the best chance at shooting it down or defending it.

Still a bit unsure about it as a whole, I had some kick ass moments, but I also had a few frustrating walks from the middle of nowhere, especially on alborez mountains where you can easily get stuck in places where its a bitch to climb out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Played a bit of it there before other things popped up, albornz mountain and death valley.

Both on conquest, and enjoyed them. The ac-130 is not too bad, since the maps are so spaced out and big it's not like it's hitting you constantly, plus I enjoy taking the flag that controls it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Played a few games on 360, enjoying conquest so far, can get pretty hectic at times even on such big maps!

Tank superiority is pretty poor and borders on boring at times but might liven up once people get used to the maps and get more tank destroyer unlocks.
    It needs more tanks and less destroyers though as they don't have a proper second seat though just a crappy pee shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Played a few games on 360, enjoying conquest so far, can get pretty hectic at times even on such big maps!

Tank superiority is pretty poor and borders on boring at times but might liven up once people get used to the maps and get more tank destroyer unlocks.
    It needs more tanks and less destroyers though as they don't have a proper second seat though just a crappy pee shooter.

Was very close to getting premium for the xbox today just to get started on playing it. But then i was like... crap ... my live is up too... so that would be another 20 euro at least... :( ...

I have the game on pc but it needs a new graphics card as my bro burnt it out with his college work. So probably just gonna wait it out till we get one for that. 64 player mayhem.... WANT!!! haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah its its 1.56gb. just as well. Only have 200mb of space left now.
    The real kicker is the updates and not the DLC. There was a 1+ gig update last week as well.

Was reading another forum and accordingly you cant delete previous patches :confused: .... Which is crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Logged into BF3 on xbox when I got in, checked the server lists and was reminded to download the new DLC. Did that in a few mins but when I started the game again its now deciding to take 5 mins litterally to go from the "press start" screen to the main page, once there it wont contact EA online at all so no access to the store, no battlefield and wont allow access into anything basically.

Fantastic. Removed AK from the hard drive and no joy, giving up at this stage and will try again tomorrow. If I end up having to remove all BF3 content from my hard drive to re install the game, patches and expansions does anyone know will I have to pay again / loose all my completed assignments? If so... FCUK that noise! bye bye BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

hightower1 wrote: »
    Logged into BF3 on xbox when I got in, checked the server lists and was reminded to download the new DLC. Did that in a few mins but when I started the game again its now deciding to take 5 mins litterally to go from the "press start" screen to the main page, once there it wont contact EA online at all so no access to the store, no battlefield and wont allow access into anything basically.

Fantastic. Removed AK from the hard drive and no joy, giving up at this stage and will try again tomorrow. If I end up having to remove all BF3 content from my hard drive to re install the game, patches and expansions does anyone know will I have to pay again / loose all my completed assignments? If so... FCUK that noise! bye bye BF3.
    im having the same issues thank god im not alone but in fairness paying 50 quid for this service is a load of cock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    im having the same issues thank god im not alone but in fairness paying 50 quid for this service is a load of cock

TBH I kinda think its a server issue considering the game will boot up and the main slow down with moving from the press start screen to the main screen has always been connecting to EA online, the fact that its taking ages to get through to the main screen now indicates the contact to EA online is failing.

Prob due to server load but TBH considering they knew the time, the amount of users, amount of premium downloads that was going to take place and approx peak times it just shows they had all of the prime service effecting factors ahead of time and still couldnt budget overheads correctly only shows incompetence on EA / Dices behalf.

Id give them slack if it was a new game being launched where one wouldnt know the amount of demand needed but its an expansion limited to only premium users and they knew exactly how many premium users were registered before hand so there is no excuse. Im sure we'll be fine in the morning once they get the stick out , increase the overheads and user demand tails off but when you pay for a self proclaimed PREMIUM service and get faced with the exact opposite in terms of company prep it doesnt leave much affection for the companies involved.

Looks like a known issue:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654348221970857/1/

Congrats EA /Dice, premium indeed.

file.php?id=7457

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Not bad. That one map everyone hates is super sh|te, but can't see it making an appearance on any PC server after the first few days. Liking the "king of the hill" maps, and can see the lake map being fun on the 64 player 3000 ticket servers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Ok took a big stint at it there now

love Bandar Desert, had the most fun with tank destroyers on this map

alborz mountain gets better when you get use to it

Death Valley I only got on once and it was in hardcore mode which makes getting use to a map much harder, but it seems very tight

Armoured shield should suck, by all accounts its the most boring map layout wise but for some reason most conquest games I've had on this map have been a blast, especially when I get in a helicopter.

the ac 130 is fine in conquest on pc, not an issue at all, in fact it really helps to focus some aspects of the maps with infantry and jets.

I dont know what it is about the tank destroyers I love, maybe its the fact they are simply glass cannons, fast as hell, pack a wallop but go down very quickly, but I'm already well on my way to unlocking all their stuff and on bandor desert where you can flank easily they are a lot of fun.

Even though it's an armour map pack I feel in these maps the helicopters get a serious boost as the number of armour targets jump so much that you are almost spoilt for choice on targets that stick out.

The Artillery I only got to use once, it's fine, the game actually feels closer to bf1942 then any previous bf game due to the two armour classes and the return of artillery.

All we need now is the ability to control the aircraft carrier and add nuclear subs and we are back where we started :D

Though I am not sure if the claim that Bandor desert is their biggest ever holds up. Could have sworn there were bigger maps in 1942...

-EDIT-

I dont know if I hate alborz mountain or love it, it's probably will become the map of choice for stunts and messing around as bombing down the side of the hill is mental, so much so that I am able to do it in tanks and actually ramp into the air. I lost control of my tank so many times in this map it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

had a whack at the armored kill mpas there last night myself,

Bandar Dessert (tank superiority) is great craic! sprinting around the place in those tank destroyers is savage! I do think you attain the unlocks rather too soon though. I unlocked everything in a single 500 ticket game.

Albortz mountains was very meh. it's a good concept but it's not a vehical map. I'd have prefered to see that map as a sniper focused map. just a little bird each and a few quads and it would be perfect.

Death Valley is really nice. the nighttime lighting is great (although i wish buildings were darker inside). I'd have liked to see an armored personel carrier in this one just to focus the fighting a bit more.

Armored kill. holy fcuk you better be good if you want to fly the helicopters. got raped the first few times I hopped into the heli until I really sat up straight and paid attention. It's a nice map actually. I like this one - you can play any class or vehical and do well on it. well rounded.

the AC130, oh boy! well - it's a death machine and a death trap. Everybody is still hovering in the menus to have a go, so I didnt get too much of a chance in it. The AA guns seem underpowered in my opinion, near impossible to down an enemy jet with it, let alone two. Conversely, they are so so so easy to take down with jets . I've taken down every single one that i've tried to thus far, a single slow strafe will let you get two fully sustained cannon assaults on it. Although, I like this because it's about time jet pilots get a few more kills/points for their efforts, and especially as it's at the expence of menu sitters

I still want a big ass anti-material rifle that does damage to vehicals though...

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

After finally getting it downloaded last night I managed to squeeze in two games before going to bed. Both conquest on Armored Shield and Bandar Desert. I'll admit I was worried about downloading AK after all the bitching that's been going on the past week from the PS3 players. I hadn't heard one good report to date. Honestly, I don't know what all the fuss was about. Both maps functioned perfectly fine as far as I could tell. I thoroughly enjoyed both games and didn't see any game breaking problems. I suppose the true test will come tonight with Rush.

422nd wrote: »
    I suppose the true test will come tonight with Rush.
    Armoured Shield on Rush is unbalanced poop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

the_syco wrote: »

is this on PC or xbox? Just wondering if it's unbalanced as a result of having loads of players on PC. (i'm xbox)

i havn't tried rush on it yet. is it too easy to defend or to attack?

is this on PC or xbox? Just wondering if it's unbalanced as a result of having loads of players on PC. (i'm xbox)

i havn't tried rush on it yet. is it too easy to defend or to attack?
    PC. PS3 people also think the same. Atackers have AC130, tanks, etc, defence has no tanks. Maybe one chopper/plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

PC. PS3 people also think the same. Atackers have AC130, tanks, etc, defence has no tanks. Maybe one chopper/plane.
    TBH I think a lot of the problems in rush are the player's own fault. Most players on the defensive side in rush insist on moving out towards the attacking base as far as possible. Why would you do that? The idea is to defend the base - let the attackers come to you. If every player on the defensive team held a solid line there would be no need for any vehicles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah I think its gonna take a couple weeks to calm down and then things will be back to normal in rush. The C130 can be taken down straight away if you have a couple guys with iglas shooting at it. Maybe more team work is needed to win, which is a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

No its not cause the ac130 spawns every 90 seconds not 60 seconds now :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: and more rolleyes till they roll outta me head

(In case your confused im agreeing with ya :P )

The AC-130 flares sure are pretty tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

played 2 matches. its even worse for me then fecking close quarters... i liked how BF3 managed always to have a nice balance between armor and foot soldier. you really felt like in the middle of conflict and now we got one dlc which is cod whanabe and other some tank camping simulator.

All the ****tards with joysticks are just taking a complete piss from everything. :(

is there even a point in assault and support clases now? ( if we take out every second idiot going for c4+jeep retardness out of it )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Have to say, i'm enjoying this :D
    I like to play Rush, so new rush maps are win win.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Had a brief foray into the world of AK last night, the download took forever, head was wrecked waiting for it.

Seems like I'm having Crossfire issues again, had major frame rate drop whilst playing, but for the few games I did get on Craggy with the rest of ye, it was pretty enjoyable.

The Mountain map I think is fantastic, would love an extended tickets game on that.

Played one game of King of the Hill (whatever it's called), that wasn't bad.

Tank Destroyers are fun. AC-130, I didn't get to properly use, but am looking forward to giving it a proper go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Shiminay wrote: »
    Tank Destroyers are fun.

...to flip!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

EDIT: Never mind its 15 kills with the gunship to unlock AA missiles, worth it though!

• Advertisement

I'm yet to even use one.

Advertisement