Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Armoured Kill

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

the_syco wrote: »
    PC. PS3 people also think the same. Atackers have AC130, tanks, etc, defence has no tanks. Maybe one chopper/plane.

It's a real shame as it could have been, and still can obviously, be thoroughly enjoyable to play.

Dice need to either...

A) Remove the AC130 from Rush completely, or at least from official Dice/EA servers or B) Just the 1 AC130 per a pair of MCOMS is available and reduce the attacking teams amount of vehicles.

The airdrop feature is also hugely problematic too, and something I wished wasn't available when playing Rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Played 4 or 5 games of CQ and 1 game of TS last night on the Xbox, and have to say I really enjoyed it. I was worried after all the talk on here, but I don't really play Rush, so I haven't experienced the worst of it.

A couple of people equipped with IGLA pretty much negates the AC130 on CQ Had so much fun Javelining quads!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, how's the public in general for ya? 2 games I played I have seen only one soflan up. I was expecting people get on the ball with that **** in maps where armour is dominant force.
    Am I just unlucky or people still go headless chicken style, just this time with tanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Lads, how's the public in general for ya? 2 games I played I have seen only one soflan up. I was expecting people get on the ball with that **** in maps where armour is dominant force.
    Am I just unlucky or people still go headless chicken style, just this time with tanks?

yeah was on a server earlier and our team had 0 to 1 soflam and tanks with no guided rocket! wtf?

The other side had 4 soflams, it seems a mix really i guess it was bad server just my experience so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

What an absolute steaming pile.

This content is completely unsuited and unbalanced to console play.
    I cant see how any developer of any quality level actually played this and thought that it was good enough to release. I'd be ashamed to green light this to paying customers.

Thats me done, downloading minecraft now to get me through to borderlands 2 release and will play that for a few hundred hours. AK has totally turned me away from bf3. There is no excitement to the game because if your the attackers victory is guaranteed and if your defending defeat is guaranteed so there is no motivation, no tension and in nearly all cases 2 or less people running to an mcom and arming them will win the match for you.

The people sitting on the menus waiting to use the ac130 are ridiculous , every single game tonight one of the attackers KD was ALWAYS like 5:1 or higher. Dice really have shown that once they have your cash locked in that THIS is the level of effort they are willing to put in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

still cant get a propper game in even with a 50mb connection.its jumping around like a march hare, really boils my blood!dice u ungrateful twats

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Armoured shield cq on xbox is pointless, so boring, the rest are however surprisingly fine. Still haven't played rush on any so far.
    The gunship is also fine I thought it would be op but is easily taken out but can also stand up for itself with the 2 AA seats in it, not too far of unlocking the heat seakers for it even though the AA gun is grand.
    Love the mobile artilary though its slow and hard to get kills with it but its just so cool and badass, feel like a trucker when.driving it :D can't wait to unlock the different middle types/unlocks.

Oh yeah quad bikes are brilliant fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

hightower1 wrote: »
    The people sitting on the menus waiting to use the ac130 are ridiculous , every single game tonight one of the attackers KD was ALWAYS like 5:1 or higher.

Actually happened into a game and managed to lose a round of rush with randomers for this exact reason tonight. Between that and guys waiting for own use vehicles to spawn, no one was attacking the objective

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Good fun on PC, 1st few rounds i have played noone is sure which flag to cap 1st and hold so we all head to the plane one. But the other team has the same idea.

Played around 15 rounds between 300 and 600 tickets, 300 isnt enough round was over very quickly. 600 seemed to be fine but it ended out with 3 flags each and then everyone pile on plane flag.

The design of the maps is quite good for out and out tank whoring, even the flags are making it interesting.

I like it so far.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Armoured shield cq on xbox is pointless, so boring, the rest are however surprisingly fine. Still haven't played rush on any so far.
    The gunship is also fine I thought it would be op but is easily taken out but can also stand up for itself with the 2 AA seats in it, not too far of unlocking the heat seakers for it even though the AA gun is grand.
    Love the mobile artilary though its slow and hard to get kills with it but its just so cool and badass, feel like a trucker when.driving it :D can't wait to unlock the different middle types/unlocks.

Oh yeah quad bikes are brilliant fun too.

Don't think I've seen anyone here or elsewhere complain about the AC130 on CQ to be fair.

Quad bikes are great craic. Wished there were more available in a game. Could get some crazy races going given the layouts of the AK maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I cant believe people actually defend including the gunship on Rush.

I have seen defence win once in over 30 rounds now.. no lie.

I died 10 times from the ship yesterday, team mate died 13 times.

In the end I went onto a hill and started sniping to pass the time until the round was over... what is the point in disarming when that thing is in the air.

If the guy on your team has the jet and is crap you are doomed.

Soflam is shot down when up and it takes around 6 IGLAs to knock it down, 8 if you could some which are hindered by flares.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Havent seen the M142 Himars or BM-21 available in Rush. What gives?

Have yet to get into one. But surely that would help taking out the gunship?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

No new guns is a serious disappointment. New vehicles are not interesting to me in the slightest and the new maps are not that great cept the snow and ice one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hawke wrote: »
    No new guns is a serious disappointment. New vehicles are not interesting to me in the slightest and the new maps are not that great cept the snow and ice one.

You seriously think more guns to imbalance the game even more would be a good idea? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

You seriously think more guns to imbalance the game even more would be a good idea? :pac:
    Or they could put some effort in. I mean they could have put in the Thompson or something and have it UP on purpose. The fact thats some stuff is imba now is not a reason for them to put the effort into uninteresting content, although that's subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hawke wrote: »

I dont get this, there's already sooooo many guns already in the game (more to be added) different kind,s varietys for just about any scenario. There's some guns I literally havent even used yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

had an epic round in bandar desert today

took off in a Tank destroyer capped a point defended by 1 tank and 2 infantry:)

move on start capping the next point , attacked by a attack chopper , take him out with main cannon of tank destroyer ,:D

keep capping point and the guy i killed in the heli attacks me in a jet , i take out the jet with the main cannon on the tank destroyer ,:eek:

i finish capping the point and i see another tank come down the hill , he hits me twice i hit him twice but he will get the next shot off before me
    i hop out of tank and attack him with repair tool , he hops out i hop in his tank and shoot him , then before it explodes i repair the tank then when i finish repairing ,:D

i take out the 2 infantry that have started attacking ,:)

i see another jet coming straight for me i raise the tank cannon an BANG , another kil,l jet down:eek::cool:

i move out i see artillery raining down on one of our points i charge up take him out:) and then in a single shot, massive explosion im dead :confused:GUNSHIP gets me , :rolleyes:

bloody hell though what an epic few minutes and what absolutely useless jet and heli pilots the other team had :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I actually hit a helicopter with an artillery shell :D

was shelling a point further down the map and the havoc must have flown in over it chasing someone and he got walloped and went down hard.

Big grin on my face after that :D

then the server crashed and I lost all records of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I actually hit a helicopter with an artillery shell :D

was shelling a point further down the map and the havoc must have flown in over it chasing someone and he got walloped and went down hard.

Big grin on my face after that :D

then the server crashed and I lost all records of it :(

How convienient......

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Haven't been able to give this a bash yet...

When I'm on Battlelog and try to join an Armoured Kill lobby, the little pop up box just says "joining server" and thats that...nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

- Vast majority of the time when you enter a game you'll be on the defending side. Everyone wants to play attacking. Obvious reasons :rolleyes:

- Alot of kicking going on in rented servers.

- The stinger missile annoys the hell out of me. The gunship can spot, shoot and kill anyone from miles away. But to hit it with your stinger it has to be quite close :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

_Gawd_ wrote: »

When I'm on Battlelog and try to join an Armoured Kill lobby, the little pop up box just says "joining server" and thats that...nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Same issue here. It won't launch from Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I've decided that playing defence on Rush is more enjoyable than playing attack on AK. Sure, you get mashed up, but it's a challenge. If you can't get a win while attacking you really should feel pretty bad about yourself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Same issue here. It won't launch from Origin.

Pretty sure firing up the Campaign fixed a similar problem for me once.
    Must have overwritten some file or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Jaysus AK is a train wreck

double xp weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Two man bombers? FÚCK YEAH!
    What ever happened to these?
    I thought we were going to get the two man jet from the single player :(

Is there any chance of DICE adding the new vehicles to the existing maps?
    Caspian, Firestorm, Oman etc would be great with an AC130 and artillery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Is there any chance of DICE adding the new vehicles to the existing maps?
    Caspian, Firestorm, Oman etc would be great with an AC130 and artillery!

Hopefully it never happens

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Hopefully it never happens
    Why? :confused:

• Advertisement

_Gawd_ wrote: »

Any suggestions?

close browser and Origin and try again if that doesnt work restart pc. Happend a few times yesterday for me as well.

Advertisement