Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Worsted Mills, Portlaoise

Options
  • 05-06-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I am planning a short online history of the Worsted Mills. Any scans of photos would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ponchojack

I've a few pictures I picked up off the internet I can send you. I have a great-uncle, Jack McGrath (I was named after him) , who was associated at the mills. If you have any information about him you can share it would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blakeknn

PortLaoise Pictures: Did you compile a history of Irish Worsted Mills Ltd? I am currently doing a short research project on Irish companies operating in the 1950s and Worsted Mills is one of the companies I am looking at. Do you have any information in of how they came into existence and their operations, especially from the 1950s onwards in terms of where they traded and exports and also how many people they employed during the period.

Any information you have would be a great help to me.

Thanks

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Portlaoise Pictures

No, I got sidetracked on another project, but I will send you a private mail.
    Best wishes
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maggiemay56

ponchojack wrote: »
    I've a few pictures I picked up off the internet I can send you. I have a great-uncle, Jack McGrath (I was named after him) , who was associated at the mills. If you have any information about him you can share it would be appreciated.
    Hi poncho jack, I too had a great Uncle John McGrath associated with the worsted mills. Are you my cousin from Ma?

Advertisement