Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats it like?

• 05-06-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Im currently in 5th year now and i'm just wondering what does it feel like that the Leaving Cert is so close? Like is it as stressful as its made out to be, are some of yee relieved that it's so close? I dont mean to remind be a reminder of the L.C being so close if thats how I came across, Im just genuinely curious.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

It feels like yet another day, in a series of days, in the miracle of life.
    No ring or buzz about it. I don't feel special that I'm a Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

Genuinely, I feel grand. Put it this way, I'd prefer to have it tomorrow than wait another year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I'm not too bothered. A little nervous, but if I'm not ready now then I don't think I'll ever be ready you know?

It's really over hyped, just do what you can, hope for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

treely wrote: »
    Genuinely, I feel grand. Put it this way, I'd prefer to have it tomorrow than wait another year!

WAHEEY ! :D
    HON the Leaving Certs 2012!

Yes, well, I do feel nervous enough but I would much rather get it over with now. I have my study done to a acceptable standard so might as well just go in and do my best and get it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Well, I'm terrified! :P

But I'll be finished at this time in two weeks so I just wanna get it over with now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 tojers1

It starts tomorrow cant wait!!! To be honest there is no point getting stressed about it... All you need to do is do a little bit of study every once and awhile plus take notes in class and look over them. If you stress to much it leads to mistakes, take it easy and keep thinking about the craic your going to have after :P

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I am very chilled :p actually cant wait to see how it all turns out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I have like like...a vague awareness of it, then I go on facebook and see how everyone has apparently spent the morning crying in the foetal position and I get confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

I'm very relaxed about it all, but maybe its because I have a huge relief knowing that this year it doesn't matter as I have already decided to repeat next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Raeone wrote: »
    I'm very relaxed about it all, but maybe its because I have a huge relief knowing that this year it doesn't matter as I have already decided to repeat next year.
    *futurama fry face*

Cant tell if serious, or if you really are so relaxed you can joke. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 paaula

Same here, already know im repeating next year.

AnnaKin wrote: »
    *futurama fry face*

Cant tell if serious, or if you really are so relaxed you can joke. :pac:

Nope, I'm serious. These results don't have any significance because I'm repeating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

just want to get it over with, want work to pay off, but i know i'm repeating anyways...so i'm not so stressed tbh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

How do ye all know that you're repeating next year? I did sweet feck all for the full year and I know i'll do bad but I'd never repeat unless I fail something, for example maths. If I do VERY bad i'll just do a PLC

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭It neny!

It would be terrible not to try though, how about going in with the attitude that you WILL do good and get the points you need, instead of relying on repeating.
    :o

It neny! wrote: »
    It would be terrible not to try though, how about going in with the attitude that you WILL do good and get the points you need, instead of relying on repeating.
    :o

I'm repeating no matter what I get .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ST VINCENT

why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

So it's 6 years over and the defining moment is here and how do I feel? I feel more relaxed now then I have in the whole of 6th year because what will be, will be and I'm just so glad for it to be all over and to be moving on to something new. The thought of having to do this all over again would kill me and all I keep saying is think positive get positive results. If you think negative your only setting yourself up for a fall

Good Luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭It neny!

I'm repeating no matter what I get .

So if you got the points you wanted and the course you wanted you would still repeat? :confused:

Advertisement