Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Croke Park for Concert?

Options
  • 05-06-2012 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have some friends heading up to the Westlife Concert on Friday 22nd June and am just wondering about parking up there. Is there anywhere nearby, as in a very short walk? One of the group going had a bad leg break around Christmas and is still relying on crutches (hence the need for closeness to the venue)

Any suggestions folks? Would appreciate any advice....

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

Was just going to ask the very same question! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I would go there by public transport, tbh.

It's a residential area, with very limited parking space, and as far as I know, the park and ride facilities apply to GAA matches only.

But there are plenty of buses going down Drumcondra road, I think, the stadium is only 2 or 3 minutes away from Drumcondra Station as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No, there is no parking close to Croke Park. On game and concert days, the roads around it are closed off to cars. Only residents (with permits to prove it) are allowed through the barriers. Croker patrons are advised to use city center car parks and walk or bus it from there. That's what most people do. It's about a 20 minute walk/10 minute bus ride.

If you get there mega early, you may get lucky and find a free space on one of the Glasnevin or Drumcondra side streets that are close but not in the immediate area. However, a lot of those streets are permit parking to deter people from doing what you want to do, as its not really fair to area residents. So you'll run the risk of getting clamped if you park there, especially as it is a weekday. Your friend would still have a longish walk if you parked there.

Best bet for your friend would for you to drop her off at either the Clonliffe Rd or North Circular Road side of the stadium (depending on where your seats are) and then you go off and stash the car and come back. Or stash the car in town to begin with, and you get a taxi to Croker. It shouldn't cost more than a tenner. Or take one of the many buses that go via Dorset St and get off at the top of North Circular Rd or Clonliffe Rd.

The Maynooth commuter train stops at Drumcondra. It's about a 5 minute walk to the stadium. You get it at Connolly Station. You could get the Luas from town to Connolly and the train to Connolly, but that is a lot of messing and tickets. A taxi would be cheaper and can drop you nearer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Aye, I'd agree with the taxi option. I live right under the stadium and a taxi from O'Connell St to here during the day costs about 7 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Clonliffe college has parking during croke park events, its accessed by a laneway opposite quinns in Drumcondra. Its either €5 or €10 and is supervised.

• Advertisement
Advertisement