Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time buyer putting first offer on house

Options
  • 05-06-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I am a first time buyer and have viewed a 3 bedroom house in the limerick area that I think i would like to put an offer in for. The asking price is 175,000....my initial offer was going to be around 148,500....is this a reasonable offer?
    New to this so...any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bobcat23 wrote: »
    The asking price is 175,000....my initial offer was going to be around 148,500....is this a reasonable offer?
    2 bed, 3 bed? Detached, semi-detached?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bobcat23

It's a 3 bed semi detached....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

bobcat23 wrote: »
    It's a 3 bed semi detached....

You are basically asking what the value of the house is. To determine this we need a link to it or alot more details. Referencing the asking price & offer is irrelevant and has really nothing to do with the value of the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cool Rider

Do some research on Myhome and daft that whats the asking price of similar properties in area on sale/sale-agreed. In my opinion 10-20% below asking price is a fair offer. Go with your gut place the offer and put the ball in their court, you have nothing to lose, if you wont low-ball you will never find out that it'll work or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cool Rider

Depends on whats happening in wider Europe:
    1) Greece will exit Euro [hmmmm 99.99% sure]
    2) Spain will need bailout http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0605/breaking2.html

These 2 things will change the whole game once again, it'll be foolish to call any bottom till EU wide problems are solved comprehensively by EU leaders [read Germany].

• Advertisement
Advertisement