Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7'10" lap of the 'Ring on an R1 !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

That chap really looks like he knows what he's at. And yeah, 7 minutes IS bonkers!! Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

he's a fair pilot then, holds the record for the 3 fastest street legal bikes around the ring http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N%C3%BCrburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times#Motorcycles the r1 is only 7 seconds faster then the gsxr600 k7 which is a lot i know but it does show what an amazing 600 the k7 was

he's a fair pilot then, holds the record for the 3 fastest street legal bikes around the ring http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N%C3%BCrburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times#Motorcycles the r1 is only 7 seconds faster then the gsxr600 k7 which is a lot i know but it does show what an amazing 600 the k7 was

Weapon of a bike in the right hands!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

That gsxr 600 was the project superlight from fast bikes. Weighed about 35kg less than standard and was up to 120bhp from around 105. 600s are not much slower than a litre bike on track anyway, it varies between 2 and 4 seconds a lap in world superstock and the supersport 600s are as quick on some tracks as the superstock 1000s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

He knows the track fairly well, you can see him nailing it out of corners over the crest of hills where other people are taking it handy.
    Anyone ever do it?

• Advertisement

Paparazzo wrote: »
    He knows the track fairly well, you can see him nailing it out of corners over the crest of hills where other people are taking it handy.
    Anyone ever do it?

Nope! Wouldn't mind a shot though. And it costs f**k all too AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Prices are on the wiki page:
    The cost of driving a single lap of the Nordschleife is €26 for each car or motorcycle. Multi-lap tickets can be purchased for a lower per-lap price, such as four laps at a cost of €95 (€23.75 per lap). Additional multi-lap prices are 25 laps for €490, 15 laps are no longer available. An annual ticket (called a Jahreskarte) with unlimited laps, valid from January 1 to December 31, can be purchased for €1445. Twenty minutes' driving the Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit is €40, and 2 "20 minutes drives" for €75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Prices are on the wiki page:
    The cost of driving a single lap of the Nordschleife is €26 for each car or motorcycle. Multi-lap tickets can be purchased for a lower per-lap price, such as four laps at a cost of €95 (€23.75 per lap). Additional multi-lap prices are 25 laps for €490, 15 laps are no longer available. An annual ticket (called a Jahreskarte) with unlimited laps, valid from January 1 to December 31, can be purchased for €1445. Twenty minutes' driving the Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit is €40, and 2 "20 minutes drives" for €75

Anyone that lived near by the annual ticket is amazing value.

Advertisement