Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E commerce

Options
  • 05-06-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a bit of adivice about setting up an e commerce website.

Much difference between .ie or .com ??
    It will be aimed at an international audience.

How much can I expect to pay to set up the website, it must look professional and be easy to use (I don't want to go down the paypal road).
    Probably about a 10 page website
    It also must be easy fore to update it

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Would a hosted solution interest you?

I would secure both the .ie and .com domain if I were you... If it's an internationally focused business, use the .com as your primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Hi OP,

There can be a huge variance in the price you'll pay for an e-commerce site. There are usually a few different and reliable shopping cart solutions you can use, e.g. Magento.

Grab the .ie and the .com - you'll need the .com for an international audience. Get them asap in case someone else grabs them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Thanx guys, the .com for the name is already taken I'm afraid so might just come up with a new name if the .com is that important
    Any idea of price for setting up the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Thanx guys, the .com for the name is already taken I'm afraid so might just come up with a new name if the .com is that important
    Any idea of price for setting up the website?

It varies wildly depending on what you require and who you get to do the work or buy the package from.

What exactly are your requirements?

You can get more website related advice here

Pick another name if the .com is gone... I would recommend the squadhelp.com service for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

hi, im an aspiring web developer and im looking to build a site specfically in magento to extend my skillset.
    Iv a little experience in magento theming but i want to build a fully functioning magento site.

let me know here or via pm if you want to team up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement