Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions on finding new business partner?

• 05-06-2012 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Wasnt really sure where else to post, I figured this was the best place as oppose to the business section because this is Limerick based. Mods I hope you dont mind me posting here, but if you have to move it fair enough.

Im running a food product business, its only in the early stages and not making money at the moment.

To be frank, there are some things Im good at, and some things Im not good at. So I've decided Im going to try partner up with someone.

What Im good at is numbers, product, ideas , designing , operations etc, where I fall down is experience and confidence in marketing/sales/promotion/pushing the business. Despite having attended courses , talked to people and posted on forums including business section here, that end of it is just not my area or expertise and I dont see the point in trying to wing it if there is a chance there is someone else out there who also wants to run a business and is better at that end.

Im just wondering has anyone any suggestions for areas to approach or does anyone know anyone that might be interested in joining me?

The product is unique and can sell, and Ive confidence that it would actually do well if the right person was helping me push it. I would be open minded to people with less experience if I thought they were genuinely enthusiastic. This isnt work placement or anything , it would be a proper partnership, so preferably someone who is currently unemployed, or at most working part time.
    The product is actually ready and is already selling btw.
    Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Check with the City Enterprise board, and with Limerick Chamber they might have some people that may be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ChickenZombie

Stick an ad in the Limerick Leader ??? Business partner wanted...
    Just means you'll access a wider audience than online.

Ring Kerry Group HQ in Charleville (which is 6 inches south of the LK border)
    and ask for their product development department - maybe someone there could put you in touch with someone ???

Limerick Regeneration is a powerful force, they could refer you to some better agency if it's not their thing - they know the local scene.

Citizens Advice are top notch. Visit them and ask about enterprise supports in LK.

Visit a TD and ask for advice, those mofo's got lots of pull which is why I mention them.

I guess my main advice is put the word out and keep putting the word out... Limerick is small, it won't take long to hone in on the right heads.

Best of luck... keep the thread posted :)

CZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

If you need any help with some ideas for online marketing (if you are doing that), let me know.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

Thanks for the help everyone, some decent suggestions there that ill look into, Seachto, some of it will be online alright, but it being a local food impulse buy product I reckon alot of the marketing will be ground based.

Thanks for the offer , Ill send you a PM later.

ChickenZombie + The Snipe, some good stuff there that I will look into, I tend to be in touch with the Enterprise board from time to time so they have may know someone that is free and looking for an opportunity.

Thats great advice Jessica.
    Ideally Im looking for someone in the same position as me, so Ill look out for people that have the same views as me, that want to make the business as much theirs as it is mine, who has the same desires as myself in terms of entrepreneurship etc, if you get me!

Cheers

Advertisement