Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official I'm F*cked If _______ Doesn't Come Up Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Plath or Kavanagh
    Hamlets antic disposition/aspect of character
    Appearance vs Reality
    Role of Women

History

Sunningdale
    Cumann Na Gnaedhal
    War of Independence
    India
    Apprentice Boys
    Civil Rights movement/Montgomery Bus Boycott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Plath/Rich/Kavanagh (Boland or Frost just CANNOT come up, lets not have a 2001 all over again)

For History; Civil Rights, Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Treaty/Civil War, Jack Lynch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

English: Plath or Rich
    Geography: Characteristics of a Biome, Paris Basin
    Biology: Human reproduction, defence system, cell division
    Irish: Dis, Caca Milis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I'm just fupped in general for Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bazinga_

English: Kinsella, Hamlet's character/dception, Literary Genre

History: factors leading to rise of Sinn Féin in 1918, Propaganda, India, Welfare State

Irish: fadhbanna na tíre

French: obesity

Classics: children in medea, orientalism, Turnus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

HEANEY and literary Genre. I have Heaney's poetry learnt off. I'm ready for all events.
    I'll have Plath as a back-up tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 yeahhhbuddy

Heaney
    GV & V
    Deception/Role of Women/Tragic hero

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ImFudged

If botticelli doesn't come up for Art hist. I'll be fairly ****ed alright

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Geography: If animal and plant adaptions don't come up, I'm goosed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

HEANEY and literary Genre. I have Heaney's poetry learnt off. I'm ready for all events.

Ooooooohh:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

My heart goes out to your poor soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Seeing all of these "I'm doing Plath an Heaney" comments is heart breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

It was rampant in my school, I'm not sure about others around the country. But in our exam centre, the papers were handed out and followed by lots of confused and worried looking students glancing around at everyone else in a similarly-f*cked situation.

...myself included. sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

It was rampant in my school, I'm not sure about others around the country. But in our exam centre, the papers were handed out and followed by lots of confused and worried looking students glancing around at everyone else in a similarly-f*cked situation.

...myself included. sigh

Same as my school. But I had Larkin covered so I just sat there trying not to laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

Same as my school. But I had Larkin covered so I just sat there trying not to laugh

Haha simular responses all round.

All I could hear from the back of the center was 'Oh for **** sake' in a very annoyed voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mani09

I am one of the many students who banked on heany and Plath.... Anyway as I sat in my exam depressed I remembered the names of 4 of rich's poems : storm warnings, aunt jennifers tigers, and trying to talk with a man. Anyway I attempted the question and got 4 pages done.... It was all spoof and I only included 1 quote in the whole answer... Will I get any marks??? Please answer honestly :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Epsi

If( and this is just wishful speculation ) the poetry was badly answered as a whole across the country they may adjust the marking scheme to compensate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Mani09 wrote: »
    I am one of the many students who banked on heany and Plath.... Anyway as I sat in my exam depressed I remembered the names of 4 of rich's poems : storm warnings, aunt jennifers tigers, and trying to talk with a man. Anyway I attempted the question and got 4 pages done.... It was all spoof and I only included 1 quote in the whole answer... Will I get any marks??? Please answer honestly :-(

You'll lose very little marks (maybe 5 max) for only having a single quote. As long as you explained your argument you'll do fine. Quotes are over rated on their importance.

Thanks for the replys :-) also is there such thing as a "bell curve" regarding the leaving

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Thanks for the replys :-) also is there such thing as a "bell curve" regarding the leaving

Yea there is. If not enough people do well the marking scheme is changed to be easier. If too many do well it's changed to a harder marking scheme.

Yea there is. If not enough people do well the marking scheme is changed to be easier. If too many do well it's changed to a harder marking scheme.
    Cool beans :-) hopefully this happens with english

Yes there is. The poster child of it is the maths exam.

Epsi wrote: »

Yes there is. The poster child of it is the maths exam.
    . How do you know ?

. How do you know ?

Check out the state examinations commission marking scheme , the more difficult c parts have considerablely less marks available in years where the exams were tough.

Epsi wrote: »
    . How do you know ?

Check out the state examinations commission marking scheme , the more difficult c parts have considerablely less marks available in years where the exams were tough.
    That's sound!

That's sound!
    That's the case for maths at least. In English they may award more generous marks in poetry or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Indeed, my heart broke yesterday at 2.00pm when neither of the two, or even Frost or Boland, turned up.... a ''rueful laugh'' was let out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Guys the Bell curve has to be maintained, they royally f*cked up by making the papers unpredictable. They've just made things more difficult for themselves.

Lets say if the top 10 percent of the highest grades are 80%, they're all going to be marked up to A's if 10 percent got A's last year. The SEC do not want to appear stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 sarahmocks

Heaney
    Hamet as a character/ women

just had a right laugh at this because whatever way i read it, it looked like hamlet as a woman! :) this leaving cert is starting to get to me! :L

Advertisement