Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow people - "I can't Read or write" story

Options
  • 05-06-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

How does this make the front page , and was the person in question not pressed by the reporter about his excuse?

Long story short - Farmer gets fined €700 because he didn't fill in forms , claims he couldn't fill in forms because he couldn't read or write , says his 'disability' should have been taken into consideration because he couldn't read or write , but then goes on to claim that he never told anyone he couldn't read or write.

So how can he expect consideration for his 'disability' when he never told anyone about his 'disability' ?

Edit: I notice his family name is 'Deering' would he be a relation to Pat Deering?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 NiThigim

Surely a verbal disability claim is in the offing? Must be entitled to a laptop with dragon software at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

godwin wrote: »
    How does this make the front page , and was the person in question not pressed by the reporter about his excuse?

Long story short - Farmer gets fined €700 because he didn't fill in forms , claims he couldn't fill in forms because he couldn't read or write , says his 'disability' should have been taken into consideration because he couldn't read or write , but then goes on to claim that he never told anyone he couldn't read or write.

So how can he expect consideration for his 'disability' when he never told anyone about his 'disability' ?

Never let "facts" get in the way of a good story

Wonder if he ever had to apply for REPS or anything else that requires paperwork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭godwin

That's what I'm curious about ,if he hid his "dark secret" for years , who handled all that stuff?

Owryan wrote: »
    Never let "facts" get in the way of a good story

Wonder if he ever had to apply for REPS or anything else that requires paperwork ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

He has dyslexia as far as I know.

Advertisement