Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would they be worth?

• 05-06-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all, i've two SIX in-calf heifers going to the mart tomorrow. Both are March

2009 born and in calf to the Limousin FL22. One is due to calve on the 12th of

this month while the other is due around the 20th of July. What sort of money

should i be hoping for?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭bull_ring

Ladeeen wrote: »
    Hi all, i've two SIX in-calf heifers going to the mart tomorrow. Both are March

2009 born and in calf to the Limousin FL22. One is due to calve on the 12th of

this month while the other is due around the 20th of July. What sort of money

should i be hoping for?

2k each

a wild guess , ive no real idea , surely the calf is worth 500 dropped and the heifer worth 1500 , 2k would be good value for the buyer , the late calving dates dont help however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

I cant really see any consistency in Springers prices at the moment. I bought a few that would have made more hanging up. reckon 09 heifers should be fair sized. if they are reasonable quality i reckon in or around 14-1500. real good should pull in a good bit more. First calvers this time of year wouldnt really worry me. gives them a bit of a chance to recover for autumn calving next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

Let me know how you get on. I have a fella coming tomorrow to look at 11 LM hefiers, in calf to VKG calving in August. Hefiers are between 2 and half and 3 years old - i was thinking of looking for 1600 - and bottom price i would sell at is 1500 for the lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Well how did they go?

Advertisement