Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI summer talk/transfers/rumours 2012.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Leejo wrote: »
    Has nobody come in for Sava yet? Very decent keeper

went on trial to sweden . Club rumoured to be looking for € 100 grand for him . :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Think Conneely will be a cracking signing for Sligo. No idea about the other two lads though.

Corholio wrote: »
    Apparently both Rovers and Bohs fans claiming they've signed Conor Murphy, we're interested as well. Any other news on it?

He'd hardly get a look in at Rovers!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

He'd hardly get a look in at Rovers!?

Seemingly hes a decent a 5 a side goalie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

‎#LMFM #LOI It's feared that Dundalk FC are on the brink.The situation is said to be critical.Dundalk have been in the league since 1926
    LMFMRADIO #LMFM #LOI Reports this morning suggest that the future of Dundalk FC Is looking very precarious.

Posted in the last 15 mins on Twitter by LMFM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Oh dear... the madness continues...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Fucking hell - If they go out of business now too then Pats will move even closer to us because they lost to them a few months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Fucking hell - If they go out of business now too then Pats will move even closer to us because they lost to them a few months ago.

Your compassion is overwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

stovelid wrote: »
    Oatesy23 wrote: »

Of course he is going to care more about his own clubs title campaign

Umm its the way i looked at it too, we gain 3 points on Sligo.

Gone beyond compassion with clubs dying now, its basically club suicide. €6300 a week ffs and they worried about losing players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

We don't deserve compassion. If we've outbid other clubs on players we deserve anything that's coming to us. It's indirect cheating.

It won't be the end of the club but it could be the end of Gerry Matthews and the 6million pound noose he placed around our neck. The structures are already in place for either a takeover if the club makes the season end or a new club. Dundalk FC community trust have applied for a premier division licence for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Umm its the way i looked at it too, we gain 3 points on Sligo.

You're a lost cause.

:pac:

Two clubs in one season would be a disaster though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

doncarlos wrote: »
    It's indirect cheating.

Nothing indirect about it.

It's financial doping.

Is my club whiter than white?

Nope. No club is. (Apart from SPA like of course)

Des wrote: »
    Nothing indirect about it.

I don't agree with this. In most cases it's naivety or incompetence rather than intentionally setting out to cheat.

doncarlos wrote: »
    I don't agree with this. In most cases it's naivety or incompetence rather than intentionally setting out to cheat.

Wrong, in all cases it's Boards falsifying or downright lying on Licence Applications. Putting down projected incomes that are from dreamland, and spending money that there isn't a hope in hell of the club ever seeing.

What was it that caused these problems of Dundalk? Reliance on a future insurance payout that never amounted to as much as was "expected"? That is ****ing incredulous in this day and age.

Same as Monaghan trying to rely on ghost sponsorship that never turned up.

(Apart from SPA like of course)

We have been as bad as everyone, just not recently by our own doing :pac:

• Advertisement

Wrong, in all cases it's Boards falsifying or downright lying on Licence Applications. Putting down projected incomes that are from dreamland, and spending money that there isn't a hope in hell of the club ever seeing.

I would agree with that in some cases, but do you not feel it is a case of naivety that some boards actually do believe that they will get x amount of sponsorship and x amount of punters through the gates and base their budgets on this?
    What was it that caused these problems of Dundalk? Reliance on a future insurance payout that never amounted to as much as was "expected"? That is ****ing incredulous in this day and age.

In Dundalk's case it was a combination of sponsorship being down and attendances decimated. The former should have been expected and the latter was caused by the board themselves so they hardly would have predicted it.

I would expect/hope that the insurance payout was not factored in to the budget and it only became an issue when revenue was down
    Same as Monaghan trying to rely on ghost sponsorship that never turned up.

I think most clubs would expect to get a main sponsor. Wouldn't any club face difficulties if they were unable to source one?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

If the people of Dundalk let the club fold, one which has such a rich and great tradition then it will be a truly sad day for the LOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

You'd feel the exact same way if your club had managed to lose 5 points in the space of a few weeks despite winning all the f**king games they have played. It's a joke.

Flood confirmed by club today and has a 95% chance of being eglible for tomorrow.

Tbh 0.05% chance is good enough for us :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pierce Sweeny has moved to Reading. Sad to see him go already, but when see whats going on at Dundalk I think the money will be much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Mushy wrote: »
    Pierce Sweeny has moved to Reading. Sad to see him go already, but when see whats going on at Dundalk I think the money will be much better.

For feck sake, they literally have a full reserve/underage squad of soley Irish players. They'd honestly give the national side a run for their money.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Pierce Sweeny has moved to Reading.
    Hearing that Bray got a decent amount of money for him

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Ebbs wrote: »
    For feck sake, they literally have a full reserve/underage squad of soley Irish players. They'd honestly give the national side a run for their money.

Won't complain about that, it can only be a good thing.
    Hearing that Bray got a decent amount of money for him

Yeah, enough to make the club somewhat stable for the time being. So thats some good news today.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Someone on our forum saying Connor Murphy not going to us after all, but heading to Cork.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Hopefully a late swoop from Bray. But maybe a defender would be priority.

Ian Daly not in Pats squad list for UEFA, Flood is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Rumors about Dundalk going around on various forums here. Any confirmation? Not good for them, the other clubs, or the League if true.

:(

irish-stew wrote: »
    Rumors about Dundalk going around on various forums here. Any confirmation? Not good for them, the other clubs, or the League if true.

As in, they've folded or are heading that way? Its knowing they are heading that way, but no rumours here that they've folded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Apparently looking very dodgy for Dundalk. Rumours they may be gone before the weekend.
    Pats would get another 3 pts for a game they lost. 1pt behind Sligo rovers then if that happens. Fai need to look at the distribution of points in situations like this very fast. Had Sligo rovers not had a "7 point" cushion at the break they would now almost certainly lose the title.

red sean wrote: »

Apparently looking very dodgy for Dundalk. Rumours they may be gone before the weekend.
    Pats would get another 3 pts for a game they lost. 1pt behind Sligo rovers then if that happens. Fai need to look at the distribution of points in situations like this very fast. Had Sligo rovers not had a "7 point" cushion at the break they would now almost certainly lose the title.
    The rule for situations like this is grand, its the lack of any visible licencing criteria that represent the problem

• Advertisement

I cant remember how the points were allocated or removed following the demise of Monaghan, but as far as I knew if a club had beaten Monaghan the points gained would have been removed, as effectely the club didn't exist. Why in this case would a club now gain points? You dont lose points when you have lost a game, you just dont get any.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I cant remember how the points were allocated or removed following the demise of Monaghan, but as far as I knew if a club had beaten Monaghan the points gained would have been removed, as effectely the club didn't exist. Why in this case would a club now gain points? You dont lose points when you have lost a game, you just dont get any.

This is correct as far as I know.

Yeah, so if sligo bet Dundalk, they'd lose those 3 points. Pats lost to Dundalk so stay as they are. Thats the problem for Sligo fans.

Yeah, so if sligo bet Dundalk, they'd lose those 3 points. Pats lost to Dundalk so stay as they are.

That makes sence when its explaned like that.

Sorry Red Sean

Thats the problem for Sligo fans.

Thank god for that 7 point cushion.

Not just a problem though for Sligo fans and clubs though, as it also now means extra gate losses this season for other clubs, with now possible one less or more home fixtures depending on where they were with the second round of games, and the allocation of the third round of games in relation to fixtures against Monaghan and possible loss of fixtures against Dundalk.

Loss of clubs during a season just doesn't effect the folding club, but the whole league.

In Brays case they'll lose 3 points. UCD will only lose 1, despite playing them twice. I assume there will be no relegation this year then?

In Brays case they'll lose 3 points. UCD will only lose 1, despite playing them twice. I assume there will be no relegation this year then?

And no relegation/promotion playoff maybe.

And no relegation/promotion playoff maybe.

I can see it just being 2 promoted teams.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Loss of clubs during a season just doesn't effect the folding club, but the whole league.

Apart from points lost it's gates lost for clubs, obviously teams that have played Monaghan at home will have their gates but if you were waiting for Monaghan and now possibly Dundalk at home, it's a fair auld hit. I hope Dundalk stay, it's horrible to lose a local team.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Yeah, when it happened to Shels after the Dublin City affair everyone basically told us to fúck off when we complained about it.

So everyone else can stfu moaning about it, and just suck it up.

What else should happen? 3-0 wins for the remaining fixtures? That's a bit stupid.

Erasing all the results is the fairest thing to do.

• Advertisement

if you were waiting for Monaghan and now possibly Dundalk at home, it's a fair auld hit. I hope Dundalk stay, it's horrible to lose a local team.

Mons brought about 10 people to Tolka. I sat beside them.

Its still a gate on a week where we'll still have to pay our players. Praying they last til at least Saturday morning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Home fans and naturals also pay in.

There's another thought, you wouldn't be saving a whole lot buying a season ticket if teams are dropping out?

I wouldn't call Monaghan or Dundalk fans "natural" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Yeah, when it happened to Shels after the Dublin City affair everyone basically told us to fúck off when we complained about it.

So everyone else can stfu moaning about it, and just suck it up.

What else should happen? 3-0 wins for the remaining fixtures? That's a bit stupid.

Erasing all the results is the fairest thing to do.

Only for the teams who have something to gain from it. I think all remaining fixtures should be designated as walkovers. Then the only loser is the unfortunate team who has gone belly-up.
    Personally, I'd hate to win a league or cup on foot of games I lost.

• Advertisement

Only for the teams who have something to gain from it. I think all remaining fixtures should be designated as walkovers. Then the only loser is the unfortunate team who has gone belly-up.
    Personally, I'd hate to win a league or cup on foot of games I lost.
    Or the teams that had only played said team once, instead of twice, doubling the risk of dropping points to said team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Then you have the case of some teams having played the defunct club twice whilst others have only played them once. Theres no 'fair' way to deal with this situation. Its just unfortunate that we are the team to lose out on this occasion.

Best thing for it is not to allow clubs start the season if they won't be able to finish it. Though obviously thats not going to happen any time soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If Rovers next home games were against both Mons and Dundalk and were called off, there'd have been no home game for at least six weeks since June 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

dfx- wrote: »
    If Rovers next home games were against both Mons and Dundalk and were called off, there'd have been no home game for at least six weeks since June 1.
    our last home game in the league was 18 may and had Monaghan in cup and derry last week. thank god for cup games are we would be in serious bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If Dundalk fold it would be a disaster, surely they would come up with a new fixture list so 2 teams wouldn't be playing every week.

joking > Maybe they'll scrap the league and move back to Winter football and kick off end of august and promote Longford and Limerick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement