Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI summer talk/transfers/rumours 2012.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

dfx- wrote: »
    If Rovers next home games were against both Mons and Dundalk and were called off, there'd have been no home game for at least six weeks since June 1.

Dundalk were already playing a home game less than other teams and with Monaghan folding we are down another home game. Added to that we have most of the big teams at home only once certainly doesn't help matters either.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

doncarlos wrote: »
    Dundalk were already playing a home game less than other teams and with Monaghan folding we are down another home game. Added to that we have most of the big teams at home only once certainly doesn't help matters either.

So are most teams, only Pats, Shams and UCD I think played Monaghan twice in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Paddy Seery has left Bohs to sign for Bray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

PFAI Twitter:

"Dundalk in real danger of closing long meeting with them today after they met with the FAI. Hopefully all stakeholders can come together"

From the loi Blog- DerryCity have signed midfielder Mark Brolly and striker Conor Murphy until end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Most of the seats are in, can't wait to get a roof on it in the future and then hopefully finish off the ground with another stand up the other end later on. Well done to everyone involved :)

Looking forward to seeing it full for the Trnava game and hopefully come November for the league win, if things go well ;)

I think it raises the seating capacity to around 4.1k now.

575922_3489463760674_2061746384_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Looking good.
    I think that you would still need to do a major job on the Jinx next.
    All joking aside, did you get planning permission yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Most of the seats are in, can't wait to get a roof on it in the future and then hopefully finish off the ground with another stand up the other end later on. Well done to everyone involved :)

Looking forward to seeing it full for the Trnava game and hopefully come November for the league win, if things go well ;)

Just bring back the Jungle ffs

:pac:

That was sorted weeks ago AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Looking good.
    we dont need that:p it was sorted weeks ago.

• Advertisement

Squad player at best.

561078_10151890616760392_921296433_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

He's no Johnny Russell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Squad player at best.

He looks fucking terrifed. :)

stovelid wrote: »
    He looks fucking terrifed. :)

We had to watch him the entire time. can never trust them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

Looking good.
    decision was 12/7 some speedy building work i have to say. guessing they were able to use the foundations of the old terrace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Squad player at best.

Ah bring on Jake Kelly:pac:

Looks great Oatsey. Hope you can afford it. :pac: Do up the Jinks end and the ground would be in great shape. Honestly think it's good to see clubs upgrading their grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

Looks great Oatsey. Hope you can afford it. :pac: Do up the Jinks end and the ground would be in great shape. Honestly think it's good to see clubs upgrading their grounds.
    160k its costing them, half of that being picked up by connolly vw according to me aul man's sources

Bayly going to Landen United, kinda mad they offered more than LOI sides :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Danny North signs new contract with Sligo Rovers.

On a side point, ridiculous that i had to go searching through pages of posts to find this thread.

On a side point, ridiculous that i had to go searching through pages of posts to find this thread.

Add to your favourites or subscribe to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

He was with them last year for a bit when Bohs let him go.

There was a story that Bayly was messing with the wrong player during a game and the player hit him a few digs.

Bayly and Landen are meant for each other though. Landen are the dirtiest team I've ever played against.

Bayly has definitely found his level there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Quite the coup for them there. How long for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Had to google Landen United and, well..... :eek:

http://metroeireann.com/article/team-expelled-from-league-following-,1795
    Team expelled from league following pitch assault

Last update - Thursday, March 19, 2009, 19:11 By Viktor Posudnevsky
    A Dublin soccer team has been dismissed from a regional league after a member was accused of assaulting a Latvian player.

A spokesperson for the Leinster Football League has confirmed that Landen United were expelled until the end of the season. But the Ballyfermot team disagree with the decision and is expected this week to file an appeal to the Leinster Football Association.
    Landen United manager Paul Corcoran told Metro Éireann his team “had nothing to do” with the incident.
    Previously, D-Pils – a Leinster Football League team composed of mostly Latvian players – vowed to quit the league if it failed to discipline Landen United, whom the Latvian side accused of unacceptable behaviour.
    After a match with Landen on 1 March in Dublin’s Phoenix Park, D-Pils captain Evgeny Baranovsky suffered a serious assault which left him with a badly bleeding lip and nose.
    The Latvian captain accused a Landen player of head-butting him, and his team told the Leinster Football League it would drop out unless Landen United was disqualified.
    After an investigation of the referee’s match report, the league decided to dismiss Landen United for the remainder of the season.
    “I am satisfied,” said Baranovsky, who was informed of the league’s decision in writing. “I don’t have any more claims to the league and our team will continue playing until the end of the season.”
    However, Baranovsky said D-Pils would not be willing to play with Landen United again. He maintained that the team would quit the Leinster Football League if the Ballyfermot side are reinstated following a successful appeal.
    Leinster Football League president Tony O’Dowd declined to comment on the league’s decision to expel the Ballyfermot club, saying the case is still “sub judicae” pending appeal.
    Landen United are one of the longest established clubs in the Leinster Football League and have won many of the league’s trophies.
    The incident in Phoenix Park on 1 March has sparked outrage among immigrant players in the league, who have called on officials to stamp out rough play and xenophobic insults that sometimes occur on Irish pitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

geeky wrote: »
    Quite the coup for them there. How long for?

End of next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Playing for Shels tonight?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

BOHtox wrote: »
    Bayly and Landen are meant for each other though. Landen are the dirtiest team I've ever played against.

Didn't Landen have a well known scumbag playing for them that was shot dead at the end of one of their training sessions a few years ago?

Lots of rumours going around about Quigley. Not on the plane to Slovakia and could be going to Shams.

If what I have read is true then they are welcome to him. He can be the best in the league but he can also be a pain in the hole.

There are players I would like rovers to take from you (but couldn't match your wages apparently) but Quigley isn't one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Lots of rumours going around about Quigley. Not on the plane to Slovakia and could be going to Shams.

If what I have read is true then they are welcome to him. He can be the best in the league but he can also be a pain in the hole.
    There are players I would like rovers to take from you (but couldn't match your wages apparently) but Quigley isn't one of them.

Quigley was outstanding for us last year. If I could sign one LOI player for Dundalk right now and money was no object I'd sign him

doncarlos wrote: »
    Quigley was outstanding for us last year. If I could sign one LOI player for Dundalk right now and money was no object I'd sign him

Don't think we need him. We've scored the most goals in the league, Twigg has as many goals as North while Kavanagh is hardly playing and Kilduff is just about to come back from injury.

Off to Hibs??? wouldnt touch him myself. When on form and arsed hes a quality player but all too often throws a strop and vanishes.

Wouldnt mind Kavanagh tho, he would fit with us very nicely.

Someone saying that it was on OceanFM this morning that he didn't travel due to personal reasons and wont be leaving the club. He'll be in the squad Sunday.

Should have known better than to get caught up in the BS being posted on the rovers forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Dan Cunningham gone from Dundalk apparently. Hopefully he finds a clubs and doesn't come back to Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

must have been the bobby ryan connection isnt he a manager or coach down there

Derry looking for compo from FAI/RTE for lats weeks dismal attd.

Do nordies get RTE? Do they pay for a licence? :p

Wouldnt mind Kavanagh tho, he would fit with us very nicely.

With Deano and Bermo? :)

With Deano and Bermo? :)

Kelly supposed to be off Shels for Byrne but doubt it tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Derry looking for compo from FAI/RTE for lats weeks dismal attd.

Do nordies get RTE? Do they pay for a licence? :p

Ah Don't be calling them nordies. You call people from Kerry or Cork southies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

If there was a 6 county country called Southern Ireland he probably would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Augmerson wrote: »
    Ah Don't be calling them nordies. You call people from Kerry or Cork southies?
    CSF wrote: »
    If there was a 6 county country called Southern Ireland he probably would.

The correct term is "culchies"

Kelly supposed to be off Shels for Byrne but doubt it tbh.

where did you hear that?

where did you hear that?

pats forum

UEFA payments

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1840941.html

We got more money for Europe last season for 3 rounds then every LOI team got from the FAI in prizemoney.

pats forum

UEFA payments

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1840941.html

We got more money for Europe last season for 3 rounds then every LOI team got from the FAI in prizemoney.

out of curiosity does anyone know how they assess 'performance bonus' money?

out of curiosity does anyone know how they assess 'performance bonus' money?
    Performance bonuses amounted to €140,000 per win and €70,000 per draw for each club in the group stage. RSC Anderlecht were the only club to receive the full amount of €840,000 for a 100% record in their group programme.

results

results

ffs sorry wasnt thinking too straight there of course it is.:o

for some reason when i looked at it on that link and seen rovers with zilch i was thinking they werent totally sh1te were they:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Is Jefferey Wijnen joining Shels now or not?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Is Jefferey Wijnen joining Shels now or not?

as i said before, hopefully, hate delaney as our number 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

as i said before, hopefully, hate delaney as our number 1

I checked some websites in the Netherlands, I know he played with Excelsior Rotterdam's Under 20 team. But no news whatsoever. He played a decent match last Monday, so hopefully. he will stay in Tolka Park

Advertisement