Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI summer talk/transfers/rumours 2012.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I checked some websites in the Netherlands, I know he played with Excelsior Rotterdam's Under 20 team. But no news whatsoever. He played a decent match last Monday, so hopefully. he will stay in Tolka Park

not a bad benchmark some of those dutch academys are very exclusive, i did a coaching course a few years back with a load of ajax coaches and the requirements for getting in were unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thought Bennion went to shels :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    He did, I don't fully understand either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

as i said before, hopefully, hate delaney as our number 1

Our board don't like releasing signings too quickly tbh. On the matter of Delany he just needs a kick up the hole, he's a legend!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

In fairness, if you were a Premier keeper with Skinner as the no. 2, you'd be relaxing..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Kelly supposed to be off Shels for Byrne but doubt it tbh.

If true, that would be best for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

not a bad benchmark some of those dutch academys are very exclusive, i did a coaching course a few years back with a load of ajax coaches and the requirements for getting in were unbelievable.

His agent is called 'Christiaan Toering Voetbalmanagement', seems like, they have a decent reputation in the Netherlands...am not fluent in Dutch though, but I understand a few bits and pieces ;)

Our board don't like releasing signings too quickly tbh. On the matter of Delany he just needs a kick up the hole, he's a legend!

ah come on gavin, legend?

would you seriously metion him in the same breah as goughie or willo?

ah come on gavin, legend?

would you seriously metion him in the same breah as goughie or willo?

As in Steve Williams? The keeper who let in a howler against Bohs in 2006 and nearly cost us the League!? He was far from anything decent tbh. Deano is a hero and his love for the club is second to none tbh.

As in Steve Williams? The keeper who let in a howler against Bohs in 2006 and nearly cost us the League!? He was far from anything decent tbh. Deano is a hero and his love for the club is second to none tbh.

sorry pal id have willo over delaney any day

• Advertisement

2 days until the window closes, we have signed Vinny Faherty just not even going to question Buckos signings anymore :D

Believe we will lose 1 to ireland and possibly 2 to england.
    @ PFAI : Expect a few moves before deadline closes on Tuesday, busy weekend of negotiations Drogs, Pats, Sligo,Limerick all looking to add to squads.

Assume RTE and Sky will run a countdown type thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

BOHtox wrote: »
    I set up an LOI Rumours Thread a few years ago and I got most of them right in my opening post :)

Michael Barker from Bohs to Dundalk

Delighted this didn't happen, seems to be a cracking player. Seems we're still trying to sign a striker, would say a few more fringe players will leave before the deadline as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Apparently we are paying off the weeks wages we missed so the transfer embargo is lifted for signing pro players. There is also a group of fans that have come together and said they would pay the wages of two new signings until the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The Airtricity League Premier Division fixture between Cork City v St. Patrick’s Athletic originally scheduled for Friday, 10th August will now take place on Monday, 13th August at Turner’s Cross with a kick-off time of 7.45 pm. This change is due to St. Patrick’s Athletic’s involvement in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday, 9th August.

Source.

The Airtricity League Premier Division fixture between Cork City v St. Patrick’s Athletic originally scheduled for Friday, 10th August will now take place on Monday, 13th August at Turner’s Cross with a kick-off time of 7.45 pm. This change is due to St. Patrick’s Athletic’s involvement in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday, 9th August.

Source.

Expected that, you playing someone on the sunday.

Wont be many pats fans at that game :(

John Sullivan has left Shels, and it seems Dean Kelly is about to sign.

John Sullivan has left Shels, and it seems Dean Kelly is about to sign.

To quote Stovelid "best of luck with that" x2

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

John Sullivan has left Shels,

To Drogs it seems. Any use?

John Sullivan has left Shels,

No but I'd have said the same about Stephen Quigley and Peter Hynes and you're doing ok with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Tommy Stewart back to rovers.

• Advertisement

Should guarantee a couple of goal against Pats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

He's rubbish.

Drogs lad got an 8 month ban!

On John Sullivan, he has potential and is determined! Likes to play the ball on the deck so doesn't suit Matthews hoof ball!

On John Sullivan, he has potential and is determined! Likes to play the ball on the deck so doesn't suit Matthews hoof ball!
    Unfortunately his passes are usually misplaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Ta lads. Mixed bag there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mark Farren to move to Sligo as cover for Danny North?

Only a rumour up here at present.

Window closes tonight, with the exception of unattached players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mark McCadden from the Star says an undisclosed fee has been agreed and quotes Devine as saying - "Sligo have been given permission to open negotiations with Mark Farren."

• Advertisement

Mark Farren rejected Sligo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mark Farren rejected Sligo.

That's a shame if true. I've always been a fan, the way he performed a few years ago despite his health issues hanging over him all season was amazing. He scored around 20 goals iirc.

We'll look to out of contract players in the UK now I guess. We might be able to get someone decent if we wait another two - three weeks.

Lorcan Shannon signed a new deal with Rovers but supposedly going to Dundalk on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Kevin Dawson signs for rovers according to his Twitter. CRAP!!!!!!

thank f**k it was a hoax, move along nothing to see here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Nearly shat myself there Dan :o

• Advertisement

Dub XV wrote: »
    Nearly shat myself there Dan :o

Me too. I was thinking "the rest of this season is going to be sh*t"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shams have signed Shane O Connor from us I am told. Good business by us getting him off the wage bill. Completely forgot he even played for us until the other day.

Apparently a very good player, but thinks he is on the verge of a move to Barcelona. Interesting to see will he do any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Strange move the O'Connor one. Came across as a bit of a prat and done absolutely nothing for us in any performance he made, rabbit, headlights etc. We'll take Dennehy back from ye though if ye're getting rid :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

gimmick wrote: »
    Shams have signed Shane O Connor from us I am told. Good business by us getting him off the wage bill. Completely forgot he even played for us until the other day.

Apparently a very good player, but thinks he is on the verge of a move to Barcelona. Interesting to see will he do any better.

Great to get him off the wage bill.

Rumour has it that Parker has also be shown the gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

stovelid wrote: »
    Lorcan Shannon signed a new deal with Rovers but supposedly going to Dundalk on loan.

Any use?

We have gotten rid of a lot of the dead wood around the club and have gotten in far cheaper replacements. 6 players have left over the window and not one will be missed.

• Advertisement

Always looked promising when I've seen him but hardly any first team action. Had a decent game against pats in the LSC this season. Interesting to see how he does with some experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Don't know what Rovers see in O'Connor tbh. Always looked a bit lightweight for me. And when you add in a questionable commitment that is not a good combo.

If if frees up money for a new signing well and good.

Same goes for Parker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pure_Cork wrote: »
    Great to get him off the wage bill.

Rumour has it that Parker has also be shown the gate.
    Parker looked like a right tit on MNS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

bohsman wrote: »
    Delighted this didn't happen, seems to be a cracking player. Seems we're still trying to sign a striker, would say a few more fringe players will leave before the deadline as well.

Delighted myself. Didn't make the game as I just got a job and didn't want to take time off immediately :p

My Dad went and said he played decent enough. Good first half but a soft goal to concede. Luckily we held on!

Anyway, yeah I'm delighted we didn't sell Barker. Was hoping we didn't sell McCabe either. The rest were indifferent. I thought McCabe was a good player but I trust AC at this stage.

Hopefully maybe Raf Barreto and Sean Stewart. That, with the players already sold, should free up room for a striker and maybe one other if needs be. Haven't heard any names mentioned since Chris Bennion and Conor Murphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Stewart and Sullivan would be probably on big enough money. I'm sure O'Connor cost some sort of fee and decent wages.

Rovers going down the road of every other LOI chasing success?

gimmick wrote: »

At the very least it'll give Powell some competition. What's his positional awareness like? It has to be an improvement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

dfx- wrote: »
    At the very least it'll give Powell some competition. What's his positional awareness like? It has to be an improvement...

I saw that extratime had him down as a left back alright. I can't see O'Connor playing left back. Although he was so afraid to go forward the few times he played it seemed like he was sitting on Danny Murphy's lap. Nothing i've seen makes me think he's better than Powell.

Stewart and Sullivan would be probably on big enough money. I'm sure O'Connor cost some sort of fee and decent wages.

Think that's probably wishful thinking more than anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

You did put a question mark, so I'll answer your question. Rovers player budget this year is actually lower than last years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Re Parker been shown the door - I doubt that is true. Unless the club are going to pay him compo for cancelling his contract, which I cannot imagine us being able to afford to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement