Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI summer talk/transfers/rumours 2012.

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

BOHtox wrote: »

Rovers going down the road of every other LOI chasing success?

No 'chasing' about the last 2 seasons. And there are still players in the league whose wages we can't match.

See how O'Connor goes. If he was being brought in as first choice rather than cover for two left positions, I'd be more worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well given his reluctance to turn up for training regularly, I would guess he will be out the door from you by the end of the season as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

gimmick wrote: »
    Well given his reluctance to turn up for training regularly, I would guess he will be out the door from you by the end of the season as well.

If he does, I'm sure he will be. That call will come about from direct experience rather than sour grape testimonials from ex clubs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sour grapes? I am glad he is gone.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

stovelid wrote: »
    See how O'Connor goes. If he was being brought in as first choice rather than cover for two left positions, I'd be more worried.

I think the game against Pats showed we have no cover for the left back position. Throwing Gannon over there was probably about it.

I would doubt we paid a fee for him, and on feck all wages.

Sullivan probably on same wages as last year, and steward was on a rather low wage last time he was here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Dundalk ins and outs

In
    Robbie Gaul - Bohs
    Philip McCabe - Bohs
    William Woods - Drogs
    Mark O'Brien - Drogs
    Lorcan Shannon - Rovers (Loan)
    Paul Whelan - Monaghan

Also talk of Stephen Maher coming back

Out
    Rob Watters
    Shane O'Neill
    Ger Hanley
    Greg Cunningham
    Luke Danville
    Gareth Coughlan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Bohs in:
    Ken Carr (Lissadel)

Bohs out:
    Paddy Seery (Bray Wanderers)
    Lee Dixon (Bray Wanderers)
    Neil Harney (Athlone Town)
    Davie Byrne (released)
    Philip McCabe (Dundalk)
    Correy Davidson (Carrick Rangers)
    Robbie Gaul (Dundalk)

I thought Dixon, Byrne, McCabe and Davidson were very good players and highly rated. Weird to see them go instead of some of the other players.
    Still glad we're reducing the size of the squad.

Michael Barker will probably come in to the game more picking up games in defence that McCabe and Harney played, or in the middle as he's been playing recently. Mulligan will probably come in to it more as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lee Dixon seemed very good when he came on against Shels.

I see Jason Byrne refused move to Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Mushy wrote: »
    Don't know if it even got to that stage. Think an enquiry might have been rejected straight off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Farren refused. Devlin refused to let Bryne go and I don't think it even reached the negotiation stage with him.

We have a Scottish lad on trial, no idea how Baraclough knows/found out about him. He plays in the Scottish amateur league which is about the 5th tier. It's quite bizarre.

http://www.bordertelegraph.com/news/galashiels/articles/2012/08/01/432932-des-hopes-to-raise-the-roof-in-sligo/

Just did a bit of research on another name being thrown about, Liam Buchanan from Dunfermline (recently released). Some people on their forum are saying he came over to Ireland yesterday so maybe he is the Scot on trial..

Funny seeing them saying leaving the Scottish second tier to join the team top of the LOI is a lack of ambition. Our league is worse than the Scottish 1st division according to one guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Could have been that way, just how I read it he turned the move down. Bray arent really in position to turn it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Could have been that way, just how I read it he turned the move down. Bray arent really in position to turn it down.

Byrne is playing for little to nothing, would say it was his decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Just did a bit of research on another name being thrown about, Liam Buchanan from Dunfermline (recently released). Some people on their forum are saying he came over to Ireland yesterday so maybe he is the Scot on trial..

Signed up on Friday apparently. Hopefully he can knock in a few!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I doubt they would have been getting anything in the way of a transfer fee either so its a no brainer for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Liam Buchanon now signed.

http://thebitoredblog.com/2012/08/14/liam-buchanan-signs-for-the-bit-ored-2/

Hopefully he can get us the goals we need to make up for the loss of Danny North. Expect him to be in the squad against Shels on friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

bohsman wrote: »
    Byrne is playing for little to nothing, would say it was his decision

he really, really isn't.

• Administrators Posts: 54,123 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Derry City's Marc Farren has signed a pre-contract with the Irish League's Glenavon it seems: http://glenavonfc.com/blog/?p=15325

Advertisement