Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a growing, growing iframe!

Options
  • 05-06-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Hey lads; this problem has been nagging me for ages and I can't seem to shake it!

Got your bog-standard static html page. Sure.
    Got iframe on the page. Everything fine.
    Size the iframe so that it looks right: it's just big enough to fit the iframe's contents.

The iframe links to a blog.

The blog grows.

The iframe contents gets too big for the container!

It's not an absolute disaster by any means; an automatic scrollbar will allow navigation of the iframe... it just looks... wrong.
    The size of the iframe can be manually edited - but this is by no means a suitable long-term solution.

What is really needed is some sort of listener in the iframe that will take as an argument the size of the page that it is linked to. So.. the page that it is linked to also has to declare its size...

Thought I had the right javascript at both ends to complete this task; but no change at all :( (I'll upload the code I used in a while if anybody wants a look).

Oh; for added joy, the static html and the contents of the iframe are in different domains.

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

Advertisement