Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TK Maxx.

• 05-06-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone in the know explain to me how TK can sell top notch clothes for greatly reduced prices? I recently bought a pair Dolce & Gabanna jeans for €80 in TK. They are from the current season and a bit of online research suggests that the normal retail price for these jeans is about €580.

How do they do it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

MadYaker wrote: »
    Can anyone in the know explain to me how TK can sell top notch clothes for greatly reduced prices? I recently bought a pair Dolce & Gabanna jeans for €80 in TK. They are from the current season and a bit of online research suggests that the normal retail price for these jeans is about €580.

How do they do it?

It's quite simple really. They buy the overstock that the manufacturers want to clear, buy from liquidators of businesses that have gone bust, etc.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sometimes the stuff is very slightly damaged or flawed also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

xzanti wrote: »

Definitely. I certainly won't be buying shoes in there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

jpm4 wrote: »
    Definitely. I certainly won't be buying shoes in there again.

I have never bought shoes there but was thinking about it. Could I ask what was wrong with your buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I've never had any problems with shoes I've bought and theres never any problem bringing stuff back if there was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I bought shoes there too and they lasted me for more than a year. They do have some damaged stuff but if examine stuff before you buy it you're unlikely to make that mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

Miaireland wrote: »
    I have never bought shoes there but was thinking about it. Could I ask what was wrong with your buy?

A pair of Vans style runners - right one leaks at the toe at even a hint of rain, the left one is completely dry. Bought a formal pair of shoes for work - whatever way the laces were done on one shoe they seemed to pull slightly on the lace hole when tied without me even realising it. About a week later I realised an inch long tear from the lace hole had developed.

So defective or just crap quality in the first place who knows, you tend to notice this more with shoes than other clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

xzanti wrote: »

Bought a pair of shoes for my daughter last week. Definately seconds. They went to shreds before she even got to wear them ( the Velcro came off and ripped the material). They are a very reputable brand so were undoubtedly seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

The shoes may not necessarily have been seconds. TK Maxx clear dead stock from warehouses so it is possible that the shoes may have been there for years and the glue had started to break down.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've never had a problem with their shoes, and have bought plenty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I've never had a problem with their shoes, I got top notch Docs and Vans in there and they are still in brilliant condition after so long. I do think you need a good look especially when purchasing something. Check items to see if there is damage before paying.

Advertisement