Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bavaria City Racing, F1 Demonstration, Dublin, Ireland, 5-6-12

• 05-06-2012 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

What a day...!! It began with a 10 o clock start in order to get a good vantage spot for the best action. We decided on Lafayette on the corner of D'Olier Street and Westmoreland Street, cause we could see the tight left hander from the quays and the performance zone of O'Connell street but at 10 o clock, out came some more black hoarding, soooo we had to scramble to find a new spot

All in all, I walked the entire length of the course, stood in a 1 foot deep puddle for an hour, didnt have that good of a spot for Jenson Button, was staring through the back of peoples heads for the first 2 hours, but that didnt matter because of this became a side note as soon as I heard the roar of 18,000 RPM bouncing off the walls of College Green

LOOOAADDSSS more on:

https://www.facebook.com/AdamOCPhotography

7341386366_da453e651e_c.jpg

7341386614_2194b4986f_c.jpg

7341385796_71741381c3_c.jpg

7156185309_e3463bf168_c.jpg

7341388254_9898feafae_c.jpg

7341388794_df90701f5f_c.jpg

7341389102_c3aa68f807_c.jpg

7341383272_274f3b9b93_c.jpg

7341383082_a08c1db893_c.jpg

7156183409_cc4a782043_c.jpg

7341384670_05d633e661_c.jpg

7156183197_8448c01547_c.jpg

7156183883_858cebdc0f_c.jpg
    7156183197_8448c01547_c.jpg

7156183883_858cebdc0f_c.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

They're quite dark, and I think you over did it with the motion blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I gave you a like on facebook and added you on flickr. Hmm you got dark shots too? The rain was having a great time with my camera settings constantly throwing them around as the clouds joined the party. I kept switching between focus and focus points but stayed around 400 ISO, Jenson was the hardest to shoot even when he was just leaving the pit he got up to speed so quick that on 6fps maybe two each time were not too blurry. I really like the 2nd shot, I never got any shots in town itself everything was up around the starting area and pits. It would have been nice to get some around O'Connel bridge and Dame street, add a little home ground feeling to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Probably the best set I've seen from the event so far, well done Adam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Very dark here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Very dark here....

It was dark on the day :D

I've never bought into the whole belief system that everything must be perfectly exposed, and I think these do a great job of capturing the atmosphere from the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

As Paddy mentioned I think these capture the day quite well, it was a murky day, no point trying to jazz up pictures to pretened otherwise. I get what ye mean though!

Have to say, I love the 3rd one. You did well to keep him so sharp there :) Well done Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭emrys

great set. love the motion blur

and lucky you with a proper pit lane pass! i was one of the suckers who paid top dollar for supposed pit lane access......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Great jobs Adam. Love the panning through the crowd shots. They are tack sharp and show both the people and the cars really well.
    Wish I had of thought of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Adz247

Thanks for all the comments guys (especially Paddy@CIRL) Ive drooled over your PD images for yeears now. I see what you mean about them being dark, but after 8 hours in the lashing rain, freezing cold, capturing dark moody images seemed like the right thing to do. And the cover of the College Green Tree's really didnt help anything either.

It sucked only having the free access the same as everyone else. It meant some serious stretching and ruined images but sure, thats life. The pit images were actually taken on Saturday morning on the Quays, It was open to the public, and everyone could have a wander up to the door of them and have a mooch around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 matt1010

just aswell you went to the pits on saturday, i paid €170 to go there on sunday for the F1 paddocks and by the look of your pics you saw a hell of alot more then i did , a total rip off.
    #nice pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

You have ripped the arse out of the motion blur and vignetting to be fair.
    Apart from being really dark, you seem to over-process the photos until they appear "unnatural".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Reoil wrote: »
    Apart from being really dark, you seem to over-process the photos until they appear "unnatural".

Have to disagree there having been there on the day i think the PP methods are spot on to reflect the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Reoil wrote: »

Dissagree, cars move .... motion blur gives that effect nicely.

Really dark photos suit cars at times I love the fact that the complete stills just look utterly boring the motion blurs give the cars more presence and because you can't see the car entirely just leave me wanting more which is a great thing to do with photography...

well done to the OP I like em...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Smccartn

matt1010 wrote: »
    just aswell you went to the pits on saturday, i paid €170 to go there on sunday for the F1 paddocks and by the look of your pics you saw a hell of alot more then i did , a total rip off.
    #nice pics

Hi, if like me you were ripped off by Bavaria and want to try get your money back then please email me at smccartn2004@yahoo.ie. I am hoping to take a group action against them through the small claims court. Thanks and shame on the company Bavaria.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

@Smccartn -They stopped receiving official complaints and feedback at least a week ago. If you look on the motoring thread you will see the thread discussing it all. At the end of the day the small print went into details about how the organizers were not responsible for a lot of things like weather on the day, they covered themselves really well. I don't know any Press photographers who even paid in, I just collected my passes and that was that. Therefore even if I wanted to complain I'd not get far because I wasn't even a ticket holder.

Advertisement