Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need mobo and cpu within 200e

Options
  • 05-06-2012 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

might aswell delete the thread as cpu alone gonna cost me over 200e looking at i7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

scamalert wrote: »
    As the title goes i have quite a rig but my main parts the motherboard and cpu are weak (mobo asus p5g41t-m lx and cpu e5700 3ghz 4gb ddr3 ) graphics card is 560ti twin raz 2,and 750wat supply with antec 1200 hundred v2 case.
    So question is it possible to pick up new mobo and cpu+coller with 200e budget,the only things id be also locking that mobo would suport raid,and overclocking and cpu would have to be i7.Any Ideas will be appreciated also i would be looking to buy new online instead of used ones.

Seeing as you can't get an i7 alone for less than 200, not happening. Won't even get an i5 for that.

Item|Price
    Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155|€107.48
    ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€82.61
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€209.08

That's with an i3, and that's one of the cheaper overclockable boards. Wouldn't get off HWVS with only two items mind, because of delivery charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Sholden

As the title goes i have quite a rig but my main parts the motherboard and cpu are weak (mobo asus p5g41t-m lx and cpu e5700 3ghz 4gb ddr3 ) graphics card is 560ti twin raz 2,and 750wat supply with antec 1200 hundred v2 case.
    So question is it possible to pick up new mobo and cpu+coller with 200e budget,the only things id be also locking that mobo would suport raid,and overclocking and cpu would have to be i7.Any Ideas will be appreciated also i would be looking to buy new online instead of used ones.

You won't get a CPU and motherboard for overclocking for that much. Here is one for just over €300

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155|€192.84
    MSI Z77A-G43, Intel Z77, ATX, DDR3|€91.15
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€302.98

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

yeah might have to hold on and save for quite a while,my dream built so far would be i7 quad core 2 vga trough SLI and ssd raid with 6 screens,so yeah need at least 1500e to save :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

An i5 is the exact same as an i7 just without hyper threading. Don't bother spending an extra €100 for no performance increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Sholden

yeah might have to hold on and save for quite a while,my dream built so far would be i7 quad core 2 vga trough SLI and ssd raid with 6 screens,so yeah need at least 1500e to save :pac:

If it is just for gaming then an i5 will do. And a z77 mobo will be the best for overclocking

• Advertisement

telling the truh my current rig pulls games quite ok diablo3 full graphics no glitches at all,except internet lag.Starcraft2 full resolution all max only trouble when theres 400 units in one place,bf3 is smooth on ultra high with 1280x1024 res but loading times and large maps give troubles a bit,also game disconnects every few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Upgrade your graphics card and get an SSD then.

had ssd,i think it beats every part of pc as everything worked 10xfaster my score was nearly 300mb/s read to 70mb currently,but after two weeks it broke,probably to power surges in my house which are constant,so had to return it and claimed refund,can only imagine joy of two ssds working in raid mode :D but at the moment money is an issue so gonna hold on.As i mentioned my rig can handle most of the stuff at the moment but investing few hundred for the little extra boost not worth it,except ssd as mentioned but no support on my mobo for raid so thats a turn off.

Advertisement